Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
lower control arm wasnt the culprit either although the ball joint was pretty much toast on it.

I am really leaning toward it being some component of the braking system at this point. The clicking noise is reproducible every time you step on the brakes with moderate pressure and it tracks along with the car speed slowing down as the car slows down. Not sure what else would do it. Need to grab my wife and see if I can pinpoint which wheel it is coming from and investigate further. From in the car it sounds like the passenger front but noises can be deceiving.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmmmm...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #17
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Sometimes the pads develop some play and begin to rattle in the seat and will sound like a click as the tire rotates.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #18
texas_fmj

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS - Whipple/FBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
lower control arm wasnt the culprit either although the ball joint was pretty much toast on it.

I am really leaning toward it being some component of the braking system at this point. The clicking noise is reproducible every time you step on the brakes with moderate pressure and it tracks along with the car speed slowing down as the car slows down. Not sure what else would do it. Need to grab my wife and see if I can pinpoint which wheel it is coming from and investigate further. From in the car it sounds like the passenger front but noises can be deceiving.
Please tell me you figured this out. I'm dealing with the same issue and haven't little luck finding the culprit.
texas_fmj is offline   Reply With Quote