Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #43
Moc96
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Used to do it for a living and worked with some pretty incredible guys that were industry experts in this.

It's actually very interesting...................but it can be boring if you just want your car to last a long time, which is actually a good thing.
Wasn't meant as a jab. By the end of the day, I just can't digest that much info about anything, unless it has booze in it. I'll probably actually read it tomorrow....unless tomorrow is like today, then maybe Wednesday.

Last edited by Moc96; 10-17-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Moc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #44
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Good grief. The reasons why the 4th Gen's had so many workarounds and solutions were because they were made pretty terribly. Awful rears, mediocre transmissions, plastic everything, the window motors broke, the doors leaked, the t-tops leaked, the fuel pumps failed, the Firebird headlight motors failed, the LS1's consumed oil at ridiculous rates, the exhaust banged the floorboards even stock...they were pretty terrible cars in terms of build quality with industry-worst interiors. Yet they only had 3 year/36,000 mile warranties!

The 5th Gen's improved on virtually everything and are astoundingly more reliable in every way, and they have a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty. The 6th Gen likely improved even more. These goofy backyard workarounds just aren't necessary because the failure rates are comparatively low.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #45
Moc96
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Good grief. The reasons why the 4th Gen's had so many workarounds and solutions were because they were made pretty terribly. Awful rears, mediocre transmissions, plastic everything, the window motors broke, the doors leaked, the t-tops leaked, the fuel pumps failed, the Firebird headlight motors failed, the LS1's consumed oil at ridiculous rates, the exhaust banged the floorboards even stock...they were pretty terrible cars in terms of build quality with industry-worst interiors. Yet they only had 3 year/36,000 mile warranties!

The 5th Gen's improved on virtually everything and are astoundingly more reliable in every way, and they have a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty. The 6th Gen likely improved even more. These goofy backyard workarounds just aren't necessary because the failure rates are comparatively low.
Your name makes me hungry.
Moc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #46
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc96 View Post
Wasn't meant as a jab. By the end of the day, I just can't digest that much info about anything, unless it has booze in it. I'll probably actually read it tomorrow....unless tomorrow is like today, then maybe Wednesday.
No worries I didn't take it that way. Actually chuckled out loud. 😃
Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #47
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc96 View Post
No worries I didn't take it that way. Actually chuckled out loud. 😃