Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #29
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Maybe I'm missing something here but in your video you show the tour and sport modes. If your exhaust systems negate NPP, is this showing just the AFM valve sound for an automatic? Ii assume thats it but just making sure.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:28 AM   #30
Corsa Performance

Drives: American Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here but in your video you show the tour and sport modes. If your exhaust systems negate NPP, is this showing just the AFM valve sound for an automatic? Ii assume thats it but just making sure.
That's correct.

Simply showing the AFM function working with the driving modes. In some cars AFM can be a bit harsh when a car switches from 8cyl to 4cyl, but in the Camaro there are no such problems when coupled with our RSC technology.

The car in every mode, at cruise, was incredibly quiet on the inside, maybe even more quiet than stock inside.
Corsa Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM   #31
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
Would you guys consider doing an add on at least? For example, Borla has an add on to their X pipe where it adds NPP valves to a car that did not originally come with any. Do you think this would essentially work with your system? (probably no but I have to ask). I apologize for all the questions but I was really looking forward to your systems......

https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__60605.html
At this juncture incorporating an NPP type valve is not part of the development plan.

That's not to say we wouldn't consider doing it at some point, but not at this juncture. I love the feedback though and appreciate you guys sharing your requests. Sharing of information helps us improve and ensure we are making products consumers want.

Last edited by Corsa Performance; 06-03-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #32
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I want to give a little bit of my experience with Corsa.

I owned a 2001 Firebird for a decade. Loved that car. I bought it with 24,000 miles on the odometer and the previous owner already had a Corsa catback installed. It sounded good and was a high dollar item, so why change it? I kept it on it for the life of the car.

It was a daily driver, and through tens of thousands of miles of potholes, road salt, freezing temps and 100 degree summers, one of the muffler welds completely snapped. It was beyond repair. I was NOT the original purchaser of the system. Corsa's exhaust warranty I believe is a lifetime warranty, but only for the original owner. Still, I sent them some photos and they shipped me a brand new muffler, which I snapped on in my driveway in half an hour. That's above and beyond.

I can tell you first-hand they are a great company that stands by their product above and beyond. So if you're on the fence, at least know my experience.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #33
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Any eta on a non npp with X pipe system?
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #34
pk1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss black
sound bad ass. just to be sure the system is made for single exhaust models and i would just have to get rear end that supports dual tips ? or does it just support npp?
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #35
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 1ss View Post
Any eta on a non npp with X pipe system?
Sorry guys I was out of the office last week and I'm just getting back to the forum.

All of our systems are Non-NPP.

Quad/ Twin tips should be out Middle to late this month limited quantity.

Single Tip systems we are waiting to find a car locally to perform a final fitment. As soon as that happens and we are happy we will release the single tip systems. Unfortunately its dependent on locating a car to perform a fitment.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #36
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
sound bad ass. just to be sure the system is made for single exhaust models and i would just have to get rear end that supports dual tips ? or does it just support npp?
We are actually in development of the single tip version and have all the work done. We just need to confirm fitment locally in order to release that kit.

Currently it seems that almost every car in our area has the quad tips NPP system. We've even called around locally and are having a hard time finding anything in dealer stock that has the single tip.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #37
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
Relying on the AFM valve is annoying to keep things quiet. DoD does not stay active indefinitely while cruising. The ECM will disable it after a certain amount of time and re-enter that mode after another window of time has passed. The second you get into the throttle it will disable DoD. So if you don't have the NPP valves you will get this inconsistency in the loudness of the exhaust system at cruise. It is not the proper mechanism to utilize if NPP valves are deleted.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #38
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
Relying on the AFM valve is annoying to keep things quiet. DoD does not stay active indefinitely while cruising. The ECM will disable it after a certain amount of time and re-enter that mode after another window of time has passed. The second you get into the throttle it will disable DoD. So if you don't have the NPP valves you will get this inconsistency in the loudness of the exhaust system at cruise. It is not the proper mechanism to utilize if NPP valves are deleted.
I've driven numerous cars where we've left AFM in and deleted NPP and never experienced any "inconsistency" in loudness of the exhaust at cruise.

We've chosen to never use NPP in any of our systems from the C6, C7 and now the Camaro and honestly I've put thousands of miles on cars driving with that exact configuration and haven't experienced that.

Having said that though, every single one of those cars were equipped with a CORSA exhaust with our RSC technology so I can't speak for any other type of aftermarket system and what the effects of that technology would be in the scenario you described above.

When we tune our cars and our mufflers we put hundreds of miles on them driving them in all sort of conditions, normally, aggressive and honestly insanely oddly (ie. 6th+ gear at 30 MPH) in an attempt to induce all types of sounds one may experience from the vehicle and then tune our mufflers and target our RSC accordingly to produce what we believe to be the best driving experience we can deliver from our exhaust systems.

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing that's why I've never experienced the condition you've described above.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #39
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa Performance View Post
I've driven numerous cars where we've left AFM in and deleted NPP and never experienced any "inconsistency" in loudness of the exhaust at cruise.

We've chosen to never use NPP in any of our systems from the C6, C7 and now the Camaro and honestly I've put thousands of miles on cars driving with that exact configuration and haven't experienced that.

Having said that though, every single one of those cars were equipped with a CORSA exhaust with our RSC technology so I can't speak for any other type of aftermarket system and what the effects of that technology would be in the scenario you described above.

When we tune our cars and our mufflers we put hundreds of miles on them driving them in all sort of conditions, normally, aggressive and honestly insanely oddly (ie. 6th+ gear at 30 MPH) in an attempt to induce all types of sounds one may experience from the vehicle and then tune our mufflers and target our RSC accordingly to produce what we believe to be the best driving experience we can deliver from our exhaust systems.

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing that's why I've never experienced the condition you've described above.
It's probably the muffler masking it which isn't a bad thing. The stock NPP with the fuse pulled will illustrate what I described very dramatically.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #40
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
It's probably the muffler masking it which isn't a bad thing. The stock NPP with the fuse pulled will illustrate what I described very dramatically.
Could very well be.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #41
SSHULK

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS NPP
Is there any performance benefits with this system? Or just pure sound?
SSHULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #42
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHULK View Post
Is there any performance benefits with this system? Or just pure sound?
We design for acoustics first and foremost and performance secondarily.

We've flow bench tested the system and it will outflow stock, but as for Dyno numbers we are waiting until the final off tool sample. Having said that, I wouldn't expect more than about 3-5 HP or TQ from an axle-back on the '16.

If it produces more than that, I'd be pleasantly surprised.