Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #29
shawn0138

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 2014 Chevy Impala
Holy cow ..... can't believe you would get your car impounded for 30 days for basically having a little fun. Every now and then I get the vibe that I want to move to LA ....things like this makes me rethink that. CA laws are nuts.

I hope you have a good lawyer and can get the aiding and abetting charges dropped. Being so young I'm thinking a charge like that it could really hurt you in the long run.
shawn0138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:56 AM   #30
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
What about all the nice canyon runs and PCH? ^^^^^

Thx for the extra details op. Best of luck getting all this sorted out.

Did a pch/topanga canyon run a couple yrs ago -noice.

Last edited by 6th Gen SS; 03-27-2016 at 01:07 AM.
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:18 AM   #31
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I'm probably opening a can of worms with this comment as it seems to ruffle some peoples feathers.

I'd be contacting a traffic attorney if I were in a similar situation.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:54 AM   #32
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
I love how people blame the laws in California instead of the person who is actually at fault. From the sound of it, OP attended and participated in a side show. People are seriously injured and killed at these events on a fairly regular basis.

Some of these responses show the mentality of people these days which is indicative of a larger social problem. It's the governments fault or someone else's fault rather than the person who is breaking the law.

Hope you learned your lesson OP and that everything works out for you.

Last edited by misterjaayy; 03-27-2016 at 02:13 AM.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:13 AM   #33
cwatson6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - Red Hot
Good Luck!
cwatson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:24 AM   #34
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
It's OK OP. Get all the stupid out of your system while you're still young. That's what I did!
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #35
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
I love how people blame the laws in California instead of the person who is actually at fault. From the sound of it, OP attended and participated in a side show. People are seriously injured and killed at these events on a fairly regular basis.

Some of these responses show the mentality of people these days which is indicative of a larger social problem. It's the governments fault or someone else's fault rather than the person who is breaking the law.

Hope you learned your lesson OP and that everything works out for you.
Your response is extremely valid, however CA laws are ridiculous. A few hundred new ones are made every year here.
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:28 AM   #36
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
Your response is extremely valid, however CA laws are ridiculous. A few hundred new ones are made every year here.
Yep, same here in NY/NJ. Laws are set up to fill the local coffers firstly, public safety is last on the agenda.

If you are endangering others you deserve what you get but shallow thinkers will always argue the obvious point only.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #37
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss;8993546[U
]I will be replacing the battery [/U]with a new one and a fresh oil change just for peace of mind the day I go pick her up. Your info is much appreciated
No need to replace the battery, that battery well last at least 6++ years.
I have had 4 (new/ 1 to 3 yrs. old) cars at a time for many years, mine have gone dead many times from sitting for months at a time. All they need is a charge before you use them again.

Only last year did I get a trickle charger for my Corvette.
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #38
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
I absolutely agree. CA is waaay over regulated and i disagree with a lot of its legislation. I certainly fall in the small government camp but having grown up in the bay area in a community where side shows were popular, the application of reckless driving and the consequences in this case do not seem like an over reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
shallow thinkers will always argue the obvious point only.
Yes, because deep philosophical thought is needed for this situation. OP broke the law and participated in a dangerous event. OP suffered the consequences for breaking the law. From the facts the OP gave, it sounds like the law was correctly applied.

I hate to say it, but your "politicians create laws to benefit themselves and their constituents and not for the public good" point of view does not constitute critical thinking. It is a view shared by many and is nothing new. You were quick to cry that the big bad government is trampling on our god given rights to own cars and to do whatever we want in them. Applying that mentality in a broad sense to a situation you knew nothing about seems more like shallow thinking to me. But what do I know? I'm just a shallow thinker.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #39
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
To all people saying the battery life will suffer I personally left my brand new SSTC sit in my driveway for 4 months over the first winter, 6 years and 230000km same battery sits in it.
Please please don't replace that battery. If you do make sure it goes to a good owner as it will last for years.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #40
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
...But what do I know? I'm just a shallow thinker.
I must have hit a nerve. Your panties are all in a bunch.

Happy Easter everyone.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #41
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm going to ask a cop where I can go to test my car out.. I have some pretty long stretches of dead end roads where I live (1-2 miles) with nothing around it. Just a dead end road... I think some cops won't mind and give you a good spot to go.. A friend of mine told me (cop) he even told a guy where to go, followed him there and they used the radar gun to check his speed on the straight. Cop is a car enthusiast so he didn't mind and appreciate the fact that he was asked for a safe place to test the car out....

So just luck of the draw.. Sorry to hear OP..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #42
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Eh, it sounds pretty justified that the car was impounded. Even if the intersection was blocked off, it doesn't matter how careful they were or weren't -- it's not legal, and since it was organized, it was premeditated which aways makes things a lot worse in the eyes of the law. This has nothing to do with how complicated CA laws might be, this falls under the domain of common sense I think. In what state would you honestly expect the police to *not* react this way?

So to the OP, I will just say: We all mess up. Hopefully you learned a lesson from this and best of luck getting your ride back so you can enjoy it. However, I won't condone this either like some others. That's my 2 cents as some random guy on an internet forum, but whatever.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote