Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #29
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Has any one bought from the aforementioned Dealer? Are those prices legit or bait to get you in?
I had a friend that bought a Stingray from them and loved them. They did give him a good deal. I tried to buy a Colorado from them but could not get a price from them. I sent them an email with an option list and was contacted immediately. The salesman sent me several emails saying he trying to get me the best price. After a couple of weeks I never got a price from him. I wound up getting a truck from AutoNation with a little over 10% off MSRP. It might just depend on the salesman that you get with them.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #30
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
This is a brand new car. No dealer is going to give you invoice pricing, let alone $1000 below invoice.
I got invoice price
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #31
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Thank you! Here's a Camaro brother who gets it!

You'll be much happier with your purchase knowing you saved money.
Fastball , that so called INVOICE PRICE that the dealers are whiling to show to anyone , it's just a gimmick , there is now way , that I know of , to know for sure that really is the invoice ! Or there is one ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #32
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Fastball , that so called INVOICE PRICE that the dealers are whiling to show to anyone , it's just a gimmick , there is now way , that I know of , to know for sure that really is the invoice ! Or there is one ?
If I understand your question, the invoice is NOT what the dealer paid for the car. You will never know exactly what the dealer paid because every dealer is different. Every dealer has a little bit different cost on each car. So no one will ever know their true cost. It's kind of a guessing game, but you can be sure their cost is in the vacinity of $4-5000 off MSRP.

So for a 2SS with a moonroof I figured the $43k sticker would be about $38k cost which is why I offered $40k out the door. I know I'm not far off.

Again, in all business negotiations you start below what you want to pay see how far they come down before they let you walk. Then you walk, let them call you, and then you'll find their bottom price they can afford to sell the car at before they tell you they can't sell you the car.

If you're not making a rediculous offer, and $5k off a $43k car is certainly not a rediculous offer, they won't let you go easy.

Again, start low and own the negotiations!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #33
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
If I understand your question, the invoice is NOT what the dealer paid for the car. You will never know exactly what the dealer paid because every dealer is different. Every dealer has a little bit different cost on each car. So no one will ever know their true cost. It's kind of a guessing game, but you can be sure their cost is in the vacinity of $4-5000 off MSRP.

So for a 2SS with a moonroof I figured the $43k sticker would be about $38k cost which is why I offered $40k out the door. I know I'm not far off.

Again, in all business negotiations you start below what you want to pay see how far they come down before they let you walk. Then you walk, let them call you, and then you'll find their bottom price they can afford to sell the car at before they tell you they can't sell you the car.

If you're not making a rediculous offer, and $5k off a $43k car is certainly not a rediculous offer, they won't let you go easy.

That's exactly what I meant , it seems like every time one walks into a dealer , the salesman is coming to you showing ( their invoice ) for that car
I always thought , or better yet , didn't make nothing of it
Just looked stupid for the dealer been showing it to anyone even without asking for , that alone is a give away , it's a made-up paper
But yeah , I got your point Fastball
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #34
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:

It is a ridiculous offer. Considering that's more than even an employee can get off of a car.

You might have to wait for rebates to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #35
Jamison

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
There's no doubt the dealers you work with think you're a prick. You obviously don't respect any of the car people you come in contact with. I'm sure they feel the same way about you. How many tell you to hit the door? Please post on this forum the exact price you had to pay for your 2SS.
I kinda wanna see what he pays too. Never known a shark to make so much noise. Let's see those numbers once you finalize the deal.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #36
Memphis43

Invoice still has profit for the dealer. HOWEVER that is because of the doc fee that some dealers have and there is some holdback.

They are essentially cutting the profit out to sell you the car.

Some dealers have advertising fees.

Invoice on one of these cars is quite fair.

There isn't as much markup as people think.

There are a couple of dealers, like the one posted above that basically show you invoice on that car plus whatever rebates are supposedly available.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:22 PM   #37
Memphis43

And for the guy like fastball that comes through the door there are 10 more that gladly pay more.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #38
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
This is a brand new car. No dealer is going to give you invoice pricing, let alone $1000 below invoice.
Interesting. Is that why there are several people on this forum who have in fact gotten invoice pricing? Or are you just upset you didn't get the deal you wanted?
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #39
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
And for the guy like fastball that comes through the door there are 10 more that gladly pay more.

Why are you acting like what I do is a bad thing? My father, and some great public speaking and debate classes with Mr. Reimuller in high school, taught me to always try to get the best deal you can and never give your position up. No matter how bad you want this car it is a business deal and you need to get the best deal you can.

Ray Charles pummeled Atlantic Records down to give him their absolute best deal when his contract expired in 1959. They wanted to keep him badly, and went the extra mile to pay him as much as they could.

He went with ABC Records because they gave him ownership of his master recordings that Atlantic couldn't do. It was a better deal than Frank Sinatra had with Capitol Records at the time.

Tell me again where it's wrong or illegal to do everything possible to get the absolute best deal you can?
Old 01-03-2016, 08:55 PM   #40
Memphis43

What should you really pay for the car?

Quote:
Why are you acting like what I do is a bad thing? My father, and some great public speaking and debate classes with Mr. Reimuller in high school, taught me to always try to get the best deal you can and never give your position up. No matter how bad you want this car it is a business deal and you need to get the best deal you can.

Ray Charles pummeled Atlantic Records down to give him their absolute best deal when his contract expired in 1959. They wanted to keep him badly, and went the extra mile to pay him as much as they could.

He went with ABC Records because they gave him ownership of his master recordings that Atlantic couldn't do. It was a better deal than Frank Sinatra had with Capitol Records at the time.

Tell me again where it's wrong or illegal to do everything possible to get the absolute best deal you can?

Not saying it is. It's a market driven business. Always will be. Just be glad you have patience. Because it's going to be awhile before you get anywhere close to where you want to be.

To put this in perspective your asking less than employee pricing. Dealers typically don't sell employee pricing or take actual losses on vehicles unless there is a special circumstance (Z28) and when they do sell it to an EMPLOYEE the dealership gets an allowance from GM so that they don't take a big loss on the vehicle.

That same concept applies to supplier.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #41
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Not saying it is. It's a market driven business. Always will be. Just be glad you have patience. Because it's going to be awhile before you get anywhere close to where you want to be.

To put this in perspective your asking less than employee pricing. Dealers typically don't sell employee pricing or take actual losses on vehicles unless there is a special circumstance (Z28) and when they do sell it to an EMPLOYEE the dealership gets an allowance from GM so that they don't take a big loss on the vehicle.

That same concept applies to supplier.

So have you ever tried?
Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #42
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
In all honesty I think it's too soon to tell. I'd give it a
Few months. From what I can tell these cars aren't selling as soon as they hit the lot and there are plenty coming (unlike when the Stingray came out). Give it a few months for dealers to build some inventory and you should be able to get a solid discount like you would on a Mustang or previous camaros.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote