Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-20-2021, 09:47 PM   #15
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Same here. Not my daily. If so I'd have bought an SS with a 10 speed auto. I love the simplicity. I love the manual tranny. I would not want manual windows.

Go to our local cars & coffee every Saturday. The car gets way more attention than the SS's around, surprises me buy I wasn't looking to impress just something to fool around with on the week end.

One month old and I have 260 miles on it already. haha.

My 2017 C7 ZO6/ZO7 I keep at my house in Florida only has 4400 miles on it.

Really need to drive my cars more. My 2019 Colorado is mt DD with almost 35K on it now.

Interesting you live in Vegas and Pasco County? Don't see too many Nevada people in FL.

I live in Punta Gorda but have family in Land O Lakes area. There is no way I could drive stick up there with all that heavy traffic on 54 or 41. Wouldn't be a fun experience for me unless you take it further out in Pasco County or north of there. Even around here it's not fun driving the Camaro on 41 during season. Luckily my area by the airport there are some roads I can whip it loose.

Unless i lived in rural Florida there is no way I'd own a stick as a daily driver.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:49 PM   #16
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Interesting you live in Vegas and Pasco County? Don't see too many Nevada people in FL.

I live in Punta Gorda but have family in Land O Lakes area. There is no way I could drive stick up there with all that heavy traffic on 54 or 41. Wouldn't be a fun experience for me unless you take it further out in Pasco County or north of there. Even around here it's not fun driving the Camaro on 41 during season. Luckily my area by the airport there are some roads I can whip it loose.

Unless i lived in rural Florida there is no way I'd own a stick as a daily driver.
I live in LOL. I agree with you. But for me it would be all pleasure driving. So I dont mind.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:53 PM   #17
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I live in LOL. I agree with you. But for me it would be all pleasure driving. So I dont mind.

What is the deal with all the growth up there? And the houses I see going up are not cheap. Like 350k on up. I do notice a lot more retirees are moving to Pasco County in recent years. Makes sense as some of them want to live in a major metro area, especially if they're from Boston, NYC or NJ.

That's why I don't want to live up there even though there is more stuff to do for a guy my age (37) and more single women in the Tampa metro area.

Dating for anyone under 55 sucks in southwest FL where it's the oldest median age in the state.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:55 AM   #18
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

I am in Pasco county and no way i would want a stick around US19 with red lights every 200 feet.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:38 AM   #19
Vega$69

Drives: 2017 Corvette ZO6 & 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I am in Pasco county and no way i would want a stick around US19 with red lights every 200 feet.
My house is in Pasco, Wesley Chapel. My Vette is M7. No autos for me and I'm 69.

Bunch of Weenies here. Lol
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:17 AM   #20
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Dealerships truly cannot keep their hands off the options button.

I feel lucky to have found a LT1 without the extras that push the price back up into SS territory.

Interesting point. I always thought dealers were provided cars from the manufacturer but it seems like the Camaro's get ordered. My Wild Cherry was allegedly ordered by the dealer principal.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #21
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
Interesting point. I always thought dealers were provided cars from the manufacturer but it seems like the Camaro's get ordered. My Wild Cherry was allegedly ordered by the dealer principal.
Nope, I believe many of the new vehicles are ordered by the dealer. It's not uncommon for them to order a vehicle for a specific client or two, in hopes that they will make a purchase either... even if he/she did not technically order the vehicle.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:16 PM   #22
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post

That's how Port Charlotte is on 41. Heavy traffic on top of it, even in the off season.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #23
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Rick Hendrick Chevy in Charleston Sc has a pretty rare spec. 21 Black 6 speed with NPP and Recaros! LT1s have proven popular and the reason for them ordering it with Recaros was to get the price and profit up. Sorry for not providing a link. This dealership is hard to do business with because they have a lot of add on like $400 window tint and $300 nitrogen.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #24
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Here take your pick! https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...pen-panel=Trim
Old 01-30-2021, 04:02 PM   #25
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
Isn't that why one owns a stick is to shift? What's so hard about driving in traffic?
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:15 PM   #26
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Just ordered a White LT1 up here in Canada today, up here they are rare as heck, I have not seen one in the wild yet.....Either a 2020 or 2021. At least in Canada, I will have one rare beast My dealer had one in stock, Black, Non-NPP, sunroof and recaros

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:30 PM   #27
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
My house is in Pasco, Wesley Chapel. My Vette is M7. No autos for me and I'm 69.

Bunch of Weenies here. Lol
Well if you like rowing thru the gears dear have at it. My car is a DD and i sure as hell don't want a stick. Also got tired of getting in and out a Vette the last few years everyday.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:33 PM   #28
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab78 View Post
Isn't that why one owns a stick is to shift? What's so hard about driving in traffic?
For me it is nit hard, driving in traffic just sucks. That is why I live where I do
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote