Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #15
Dmaxcc6spd

Drives: 71 Camaro SS - 17 Camaro SS1LE
Come on GM, give me a 1LE! The SS looks great and surely will perform well, but a little more attitude and track capability will be just awesome! I'm the guy who had my 2014 1LT RS trashed by YOUNG kids and need a replacement. I'm PO'd and have decided its time for something more aggressive. Give me 1LE!!!!
14 Camaro RS (gone - totaled by 8&9 year olds)
17 Camaro 1LE HBM Ordered 02/21 Built 4/24, Delivered 5/4
Dmaxcc6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #16
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
Come on GM, give me a 1LE! The SS looks great and surely will perform well, but a little more attitude and track capability will be just awesome! I'm the guy who had my 2014 1LT RS trashed by YOUNG kids and need a replacement. I'm PO'd and have decided its time for something more aggressive. Give me 1LE!!!!
Don't hold your breathe....order a '15 now! By the time it arrives you will probably get a good deal with great financing.
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:24 PM   #17

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm2Reality View Post
While I would love to see your suggestions...I think the three you listed are a far cry from reality. They can't even incorporate tow hooks into their production "track-ready" SS!
It's track ready, just not ready to be towed off the track...lol...

No 1LE yet, but they could easily do a tow hook thing when they decide to produce one...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #18

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...oh, another thought....

I'm still not sure what to make of this spoiler that we are seeing....The V-6 version almost looks more like the Z/28 spoiler than the one they put on the new SS...The cars seem similar enough that for track duty, I would think the spoiler would be more like what the current Z/28 is using...

Just sayin', maybe the 1LE could offer additional aero/rear spoiler technology...adjustable, perhaps...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
In the Q & A on the facebook page. Someone asked about the spoiler and it was stated that there would be options for people to choose from. Hopefully I nice dovetail is an option.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #20
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I was wondering the same about the 1LE especially after reading this excerpt from the Hot Rod article. Regardless of the model name, I don't think we'll see 3 hi-perf options like we did on the 5th gen. My .02.

Quote:
Final numbers on weight, SAE certification on engines, and pricing have yet to be determined, and we haven’t had the opportunity to test Chevrolet’s claims that the 2016 Camaro SS will leave the 2015 SS 1LE in its wake. Link told us the suspension tuning is still ongoing, although he did offer that when it comes to Milford Proving Grounds lap times, “We are beating [the fifth-generation 1LE] with the same driver on the same day.” It looks like there are plenty of salvos left from Chevrolet in the ponycar war, and we can hardly wait to get seat time in a 2016 Camaro SS, in particular.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #21
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I'm sure the PDR will come for the second model year and looks like wet sump only for the Camaro LT1.

Quote:
No surprise, the SS will come with the awesome, direct-injected LT1 V8 with an estimated 440 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. “The small-block V8 belongs in this car,” Link told us. It’s similar to the LT1 found in the Stingray, although the Camaro application means that 20 percent of its components are new, including tri-Y tubular exhaust manifolds. Automatic-transmission SS models will use AFM like the Stingray, shutting down four cylinders to run as a V4 under low-load driving conditions. We asked about any special engineering for the LT1 in the Camaro and Link pointed to the air/oil separator as, “an unsung hero of the car. We developed a legit air/oil separator for the LT1. That was near and dear to my heart. I spent a lot of time on that one.” As all Camaro LT1s will be wet-sump engines, Link told us the air/oil separator is cleverly packaged, so it’s hard to appreciate in the car. Its function is to keep oil out of the airbox and throttle-body—and therefore the combustion chamber—avoiding pre-ignition.
MRC is optional as stated below.

Quote:
Link was excited to point out the amount of cooling across the board on the 2016 Camaro. The radiator did shrink compared to fifth-gen, but the addition of outboard coolers and a high-powered electric fan in combination with improved airflow resulted in an overall cooling package that’s very efficient. “Water temp on these cars is just phenomenal, we’ve been really pleased.” Even during hard driving, cooling is consistent with “zero spark retard.”

When we asked Link what options he’d be checking when he gets a 2016 Camaro of his own, he was quick to answer. “The one I gravitate to is the LT1 manual with the optional exhaust and magnetic dampers. The trim? 1SS, 2SS, I could go either way. For canyon-carving or a weekend track car, that’s a pretty sweet package.”
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #22
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm2Reality View Post
Don't hold your breathe....order a '15 now! By the time it arrives you will probably get a good deal with great financing.
Not sure I would order a 15. How would you feel about building a car that you know as soon as it run is over you are out of job? It looks like the Camaro crew in Canada may be getting laid off. Probably allot of unhappy people up there right now.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #23
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Anyone notice the track pack option for non-ss cars? Seems to be a lof the coolers we saw in the previous 1LE.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #24
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
So if the 6th SS is as good as the current 1LE, is there a purpose for a 1LE then?

I just hope that there is one offered right away.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #25
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
My thoughts. The 1LE is not a model, it is a suspension package for a SS. Given the new suspension options with the Gen6, including MRC, the need for a package like the 1LE is not required to achieve similar results on a track. I could see where a stiffer non-MRC package might be desirable to a few buyers, but I'm not sure GM would consider it a good investment of their engineering time and R&D dollars to do. I also have my doubts we will see a Gen6 z/28, at least not a track-specific car like we saw with the 5thGen.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #26
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Hopefully there is the 1LE pack available to make a great 6th gen Camaro even better. Fingers crossed!!
1sspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #27
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
My thoughts. The 1LE is not a model, it is a suspension package for a SS. Given the new suspension options with the Gen6, including MRC, the need for a package like the 1LE is not required to achieve similar results on a track. I could see where a stiffer non-MRC package might be desirable to a few buyers, but I'm not sure GM would consider it a good investment of their engineering time and R&D dollars to do. I also have my doubts we will see a Gen6 z/28, at least not a track-specific car like we saw with the 5thGen.
There will still be plenty left on the table with the SS, even with MRC. Swapping out the all seasons for summer only tires would be a decent upgrade. The brakes can be upgraded. Stiffer springs, sways and bushing as well.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #28
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
My wish list for 1LE:

Smaller (yes, smaller) wheels for weight savings (18 inch would do just fine)
Wider, stickier, non-runflat, same size tires on all 4 corners to eliminate under-steer
Dry sump oil system
Smaller battery in the trunk (don't know where the battery is for normal SS...)
Weight savings by deleting some options (like leather seats, rear seats, ambient lighting, etc...)
Recaro seats or competition seats from C7
Heavy duty clutch with better ratio gears
Some aero kits

I can't wait any longer than end of this year, so I'm going to pick up 2SS without 1LE, but it would be nice to see hardcore track pack Camaro 1LE, like the Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition.
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote