Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #15
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
I'm confused how you can consider 93->02 a drastic change, but not this.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #16
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Even though you weren't addressing me, I'll chime in. The technology in the 6th gen is leaps and bounds above the 5th gen. I love my '13, but facts are facts. Engine, transmission, frame, ride controls, suspension, interior design and functionality.... the list goes on and on.

I'll certainly drive one ASAP and do my homework on the upgrades/features. I'll be closely watching, reading, and listening
to all the comments and reports about the 2016s once they hit the road. Then, if there is a 50th Anniversary Edition in 2017... I'll probably get one.
Now there you go.. If it was enough and what we deserve there would not be a wait and see to it.
The 2010... dealer could not get them fast enough... The 707hp other car.. can't get them fast enough... i know the 2016 SS isn't a hell cat car but the passion just isn't there even for us.. guys we deserve way more.. and most everyone will have a ton of them available on the lot for the test drive we all want.
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #17
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
I'm confused how you can consider 93->02 a drastic change, but not this.
I don't and I didn't say that..
Old 05-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #18
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Wow! deja-vue this is the exact conversation when the 4th gen came out. "this has no connection to the last model". "it looks like a girls car". "the LS1 should be more powerfull". I think history is going to repeat itself. As they get away from the heritage they lose the soul of the car, Its a nice looking generic car with good performance numbers, we think do not believe everything GM says, wait for the auto mags to test it. For me the only thing that makes this a Camaro is the RS/SS badges. Oh I forgot a stupid little tri color emblem on the side.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #19
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Better performance, lighter weight, more agile, superior platform, finally respectable interior.

Oh and it's vastly better than your 5th gen. Sorry not sorry.
Ehh... sure... If you want your a bit better performance in the ladies looking version..
But you drive a ranger and an envoy so you might..
Old 05-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #20
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Wow! deja-vue this is the exact conversation when the 4th gen came out. "this has no connection to the last model". "it looks like a girls car". "the LS1 should be more powerfull". I think history is going to repeat itself. As they get away from the heritage they lose the soul of the car, Its a nice looking generic car with good performance numbers, we think do not believe everything GM says, wait for the auto mags to test it. For me the only thing that makes this a Camaro is the RS/SS badges. Oh I forgot a little tri color emblem on the side.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #21
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
good feedback back thnx, are you going to buy one?
I will not run out like a giddy child and plop money down to get one of the first ones. However, I can pretty much see myself in this car next spring.......or a convertible. I have a feeling that may be spectacular.

For me the comparison car is the ATS-V. That car is North of $60,000. I think a 2SS "premium" with sunroof and MR shocks will sticker at right around $50,000. And I think when they run them both together the Camaro would certainly be the better value and may even be a slightly better performing car.

Right now I'm in. Just not til next spring when the hord of fans quiet down a bit.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Ehh... sure... If you want your a bit better performance in the ladies looking version..
You are a clown.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
lol ok bro.

Might as well get used to seeing those 6th gen taillights.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #24
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Here we go... I guess you will have to wait for a 7th Gen. I love the car!! A 5th and 1st Gen inspired Camaro on a new platform with a seriously upgraded interior. It's lighter and faster. Sounds like a winner to me.. But wait until you see it in person and test drive. If then you don't like it, dance your a** on down to the nearest Ford or Dodge dealership!! (Just joking)..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #25
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
I do not understand the lack of power complaint when you have not driven the car yet?
Nor the fact that the Vette is not at 500hp base. Additionally there are already OPTIONS to go way past 500hp via GM & other mfgs TODAY. So really do not understand the "we deserve" theory at all when you can already have it.

The exterior changes look great in my opinion. But that is the thing with vehicle appearance. It is opinion.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #26
Chief Mario

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th on order..
The sixth gen is a nice car with lots of amazing new technology compared to the fifth gen but, it is not enough for me to trade in my 2014 ZL1 for one. I owned a 2010 2SS/RS and now a 2014 ZL1 but won't be owning a 2016. I simply don't feel the changes, I love the lines and body on my fifth gen but for some unknown reason everytime I look at the sixth gen, I feel something is missing and am not sure how to describe it, but it's doesn't come across as a wow factor. The good thing is that I will be saving lots of money by not trading in my ZL1
Old 05-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #27
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Really dude? Insult someone's car just because he knows more than you? What are we? 12?

I drive an Edsel... So does that mean I know absolutely nothing about cars just because it's not as powerful as your 5th gen? Childish.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #28
PurgeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2010 Tundra SR5
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
"Not enough"??

Last time i check the 6th gen makes more power than the current stang and weighs about the same.

grow a pair and slam your "friend" back.
Does NOT weigh the same, people need to stop saying yeah! Now we're the same, no.. We are at least 121 lbs lighter trim for trim, and I'm sure it'll be more than that. Plus with 20 more horsepower and a chunk of lb/ft. Be happy guys, we are about to be the class leader, in not just our class but a couple above too!
2010 Camaro 2SS; BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR Polyurethane Bushings, Pfadt 1.25" Drop Springs, Pfadt Front and Rear Sways, Pfadt Subframe Connectors, 1LE 3.91 Differential with Jannetty Racing Posi Mod, LMR Short Throw Shifter, Skip Shift Eliminator, LED's all around, SCE 102mm Throttle Body, Rx Catch Can, ACS Front Splitter and Side Rockers, Forgestar 20x9 w/ 275's Front and 20x10.5 w/ 315's Rear, NOW INSTALLED: Kooks long tube headers 1 7/8 w/ high flow cats, CAI, Jannetty Racing SCE tune.
PurgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote