Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #57
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedViking View Post
You warranty a 500 hp car that costs roughly 30k.
Your figures not mine big boy..
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:05 AM   #58
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Just go take one for a test drive before you write it off.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #59
Jsafe17

Quote:
Just go take one for a test drive before you write it off.
I know it drives better how could it not.. you really really don't get it..
Old 05-18-2015, 12:17 AM   #60
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Seeing a picture is different than walking around a car, getting in, and driving it. I work on cars, motorcycles, trucks, boats,firetrucks, and antiques everyday. My options get changed all the time. GM has some of the best engineering.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #61
Jsafe17

Quote:
Seeing a picture is different than walking around a car, getting in, and driving it. I work on cars, motorcycles, trucks, boats,firetrucks, and antiques everyday. My options get changed all the time. GM has some of the best engineering.
They sure do we have two Camaro's and a Trailblazer and a Silverado even my Jeep Wrangler has a 5.3/4l60 swap.. This is right now the era of the fastest and some of the coolest cars of all time (and l own a 1969 Camaro) We needed and deserved to have a huge step with our beloved Camaro.. This 2016 bought us a few months of performance lead time.. and there's nothing much you can do about the blah body lines a side from that...The general has it in them they just didn't give it to us this round.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #62
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Lets put it this way. For various picky reasons, I would not consider a 5th gen Camaro. I've driven too many of them and that car doesn't work for me any more. From what we saw yesterday, this may be the car that I buy next year. It's that different.
This. Ive been more vocal about my distain for the 5th Gen. Too big, too heavy, odd interior style. So far the 6th Gen seems more tailored to us enthusiasts and it has my attention in a way the 5th Gen didnt. So for the first time in a very long time I'll be considering a Camaro again.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 AM   #63
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
This. Ive been more vocal about my distain for the 5th Gen. Too big, too heavy, odd interior style. So far the 6th Gen seems more tailored to us enthusiasts and it has my attention in a way the 5th Gen didnt. So for the first time in a very long time I'll be considering a Camaro again.
+1 here as well. I completely agree. I can't wait to sit in the 6th Gen and I hope it looks as good as the photos. With the added benefit of increasing the performance I am excited about this Camaro. Lighter / Faster / Updated Interior . I shopped the 2015 GTs but decided to wait to see the updated Camaro. When they are available Chevy will probably get more of my money.
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:14 AM   #64
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

A car has to develop an identity it can't move in another totally new direction every 5 years. That's one hell of a risk with billions on the line...

I can only imagine some of the frustration that some of the people at GM feel when they read stuff like this. They put in so much time. Constructive criticism is one thing... But this seems like something else at times.

And so much complaining as if the Camaro is your(the ones that are not offering constructive criticism) life work.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 AM   #65
americanaut

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I like the new design a lot, except for three parts:
  • the rear spoiler on the SS (nothing grave, but I prefer the smaller lid)
  • the seat design (nothing a pair of nice Recaro seats can't change)
  • that "indent" in the rear bumper (above the license plate, to the left and right)
I think the interior is a great improvement and I welcome all the new additions to it.

I would not have bought my 5th generation SS with an automatic transmssion; however, I could very well imagine the 6th with the 8-speed!

Overall, it all sounds promising! Weight saving, a bit more power and improved styling inside and out. Also, I think the 455hp in the SS are enough - you gotta leave room for ZL1 and Z/28 versions

Does anyone know this: will the 1LE option be available right from the start?
americanaut is offline   Reply With Quote