Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Trunk won't open with new key fob remote

I have a 2015 SS/1LE that I bought used that only came with one original working key and remote. I have since purchased 2 new remotes (one aftermarket and one OEM). I programmed them via the method of inserting in the ignition after the working one. Both new remotes will start the car, lock and unlock the doors, and the panic button works but neither will open the trunk.

I have searched the forum and found a couple others who have experienced the exact same thing but have not seen any solutions yet.

Does anyone know what might be going on or how to fix it without going back to the dealership?

Thanks in advance
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:09 AM   #2
scruffy_joe

Drives: '81 z28 '12 Camaro
Have you found any solution to the trunk issue? I'm having the same problem.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
I have one key that will open the trunk and one key that will not. I do know that both FOB's open the trunk. In the old days, one had a valet key that would not open the trunk. I wonder if the FOB's have the same security measure built in??

joe...
Old 09-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy_joe View Post
Have you found any solution to the trunk issue? I'm having the same problem.
No I never got the solution. I'm still without a second key that opens the trunk. I've been wanting to get it going but had to put it on the back burner and was hoping someone would have known what the issue was by now.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:02 AM   #5
scruffy_joe

Drives: '81 z28 '12 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
No I never got the solution. I'm still without a second key that opens the trunk. I've been wanting to get it going but had to put it on the back burner and was hoping someone would have known what the issue was by now.
Bummer. I went ahead an ordered a shell and just gonna transfer the guts to it from the old key fob. I guess I'll have a back up key now haha
Old 10-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #6
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Have you tried holding the button down for a few extra seconds? Mine has a delay.

Yep, first post but not my first rodeo. Dealer had to program a new fob for my new-to-me '15. Book directions won't work anymore.
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #7
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
I know that my second key will not open the trunk if the other fob is in the car. Not sure if that has been your scenario. If I take all keys away. Either will open the trunk.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote