#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #71
jgenestra2012

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
You will want to get a set with similar diameters if possible, that way the computers won't get confused. But if you won't be doing much spirited driving it's not a big deal. I ran a set of 285/30/20 front and 285/35/20 rear Michelins last winter with no issues.
Hello-
I picked up a slightly used 2018 2 SS 1LE from a forum member a few months ago. I’m using the car as my daily driver and will need to change to an All-Season tire. I really like the look of the stock wheels, so I’d like to keep those on year-round. I’ve been researching All-Season Tire options on this site and found this thread. I’m leaning towards purchasing Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and I see that you ran Michelin’s 285/ 35/ 20 for the rear tires. Did you run the Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on the stock rims?

Thanks in advance for any comments/feedback.
jgenestra2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #72
RynoSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
wait are you guys saying if i was to pick a different tire size it can actually confuse the computer and effect my performance?
like right now im running 17s with MT 305s. 28 tall.
The worst I've seen happen, at least on my car, when I'm running 28x10-17 Hoosiers at the track is a Service ABS System warning, due to the tires being much taller than stock. It goes away after swapping back to stock and driving a few miles. However, if you were to run an odd sizing as a daily set up, there could be potential issues. Definitely recommend staying within the parameters of the overall stock sizing, at least in height, for daily use.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:15 AM   #73
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
I will call your all-seasons on your 1LE and raise you a pair of full snow tires for the rears.

Currently got michelin AS/3+ on front of 61k miles 2015 SS Sedan - they are awesome tires. J'aime les Michelins. Conti DWS on the back, the two brands work great together, surprisingly. Staggered/stock setup. I was reminded with SS Sedan that having 2 worn tires can really screw up the a cars tracking, when I replaced the fronts separately from replacing the backs. Problem resolved when I replaced the backs even though different-brand.

In future I will continue to prefer Michelins, 4 AS/3+ either staggered or square, 3 seasons. For real any winter use of SS Sedan or my next Camaro, I plan to find snow tires for the rears, exact size, and keep AS/3+ in front. I have a cruze diesel stick with blizzaks for winter, for now and it is unbeatable in snow or ice.

If I trade cruze with its heated-steering-wheel for a 2SS 1LE camaro with heated steering wheel, I'll will drive it in winter/spring/fall for sure! Crazy talk, 1LE in winter snow, splitter 2 inches off the ground cutting through the 3 inch fluffy snowfall, laughing as we go , ho ho ho.

I drove Z28s/IROCs through decades of new england and upstate new york winters using Eagle M+S tires in the rear and lots of driving sideways up hills occasional lift-throttle snap-oversteer near-spinouts. Pretty sure I've seen that our modern RWD GM cars will engage the brakes on the fronts to prevent lift-throttle snap-oversteer/spinout, but I do not recommend anyone test that on a public road, save that test for empty parking lot with minimal light-poles & curbs.
JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #74
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRockford View Post
I will call your all-seasons on your 1LE and raise you a pair of full snow tires for the rears.

Currently got michelin AS/3+ on front of 61k miles 2015 SS Sedan - they are awesome tires. J'aime les Michelins. Conti DWS on the back, the two brands work great together, surprisingly. Staggered/stock setup. I was reminded with SS Sedan that having 2 worn tires can really screw up the a cars tracking, when I replaced the fronts separately from replacing the backs. Problem resolved when I replaced the backs even though different-brand.

In future I will continue to prefer Michelins, 4 AS/3+ either staggered or square, 3 seasons. For real any winter use of SS Sedan or my next Camaro, I plan to find snow tires for the rears, exact size, and keep AS/3+ in front. I have a cruze diesel stick with blizzaks for winter, for now and it is unbeatable in snow or ice.

If I trade cruze with its heated-steering-wheel for a 2SS 1LE camaro with heated steering wheel, I'll will drive it in winter/spring/fall for sure! Crazy talk, 1LE in winter snow, splitter 2 inches off the ground cutting through the 3 inch fluffy snowfall, laughing as we go , ho ho ho.

I drove Z28s/IROCs through decades of new england and upstate new york winters using Eagle M+S tires in the rear and lots of driving sideways up hills occasional lift-throttle snap-oversteer near-spinouts. Pretty sure I've seen that our modern RWD GM cars will engage the brakes on the fronts to prevent lift-throttle snap-oversteer/spinout, but I do not recommend anyone test that on a public road, save that test for empty parking lot with minimal light-poles & curbs.
Was this you? https://youtu.be/XqZUWKAJ_ok

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #75
bkfamus

Drives: '19 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
I haven’t had any running issues. Sits perfect
Still no issues?

I Just traded in my '15 SS 1LE for a 19 SS 1LE.. Living in MD I DD, mainly highway and don't Track... I'm looking for some all seasons as well and I'm considering the Potenza RE980AS.. Just a little leery about any potential impact of using 295 on the front tires..

Also wondering if I should mix tires and go with the Potenza 305/30/20 on the rear and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 285/30ZR20 up front...

Any thoughts on mixing these tire brands?

Would appreciate any thoughts, experiences or suggestions..
bkfamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:46 AM   #76
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfamus View Post
Still no issues?

I Just traded in my '15 SS 1LE for a 19 SS 1LE.. Living in MD I DD, mainly highway and don't Track... I'm looking for some all seasons as well and I'm considering the Potenza RE980AS.. Just a little leery about any potential impact of using 295 on the front tires..

Also wondering if I should mix tires and go with the Potenza 305/30/20 on the rear and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 285/30ZR20 up front...

I would suggest buying a set of dedicated wheels and tires instead of swapping tires on the oem rims. I went that route with OEM SS Silver 5 spokes and purchased General GMAX AS-05s in 255/35 and 275/35 size. Those sizes are VERY CLOSE to OEM SS 1LE diameter so you won't notice any speedo or fitment issues. The important part is to get the 255/35 front and not the standard Camaro 245/40 as those are quite a bit taller than SS 1LE diameter. The images below are the sizes on SS wheels with 20mm spacers so I could get the right flush fit with fenders.

Attached Images

Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #77
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Still no issues?

I've had the Bridgestones on mine for around 8000 miles (since last fall) now with no issues. Even drove a few times the 40 miles to and from Indy in a few snowstorms last winter. The 295's fit fine on the front without rubbing. They're actually a pretty decent tire IMO. And being able to drive through standing water without hydroplaning makes the "sacrifice" of switching to all-seasons worth it to me as I don't track my car and it is my daily driver.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #78
bkfamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
I've had the Bridgestones on mine for around 8000 miles (since last fall) now with no issues. Even drove a few times the 40 miles to and from Indy in a few snowstorms last winter. The 295's fit fine on the front without rubbing. They're actually a pretty decent tire IMO. And being able to drive through standing water without hydroplaning makes the "sacrifice" of switching to all-seasons worth it to me as I don't track my car and it is my daily driver.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #79
bkfamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I would suggest buying a set of dedicated wheels and tires instead of swapping tires on the oem rims.
Thanks for the feedback.. I considered getting another set of wheels too... Just not in the budget right now, and the weather seems to be getting colder every day... I'll prolly pursue that option in the future though...
Old 11-06-2019, 04:56 AM   #80
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Still no issues?

DO NOT MIX TIRES!!!!!

No issues at all. Winter wasn't an issue at all last year, I wasn't going out in deep snow but if i needed to move my car or get around it was great.

Of course being moderate with the throttle, set it on snow/ice so that way accelerator map is low etc..typical weather driving.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #81
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone have any experience with not to nt05s on the rear for s 1le?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #82
bkfamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
DO NOT MIX TIRES!!!!!

No issues at all. Winter wasn't an issue at all last year, I wasn't going out in deep snow but if i needed to move my car or get around it was great.

Of course being moderate with the throttle, set it on snow/ice so that way accelerator map is low etc..typical weather driving.
Thanks!
Old 11-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #83
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Just to pipe in here I've used the BFG comp 2 tires for the cooler weather and the G3s for the warmer. The BFGs don't need to get warm nor do they heat up so you will never have the same grip as the G3s or any summer tire requiring a warm up. That being said their performance has been fantastic in spirited driving and if these BFGs are breaking loose you're gonna be doubling or tripling the speed limit already.

Heres my thread from a while ago about these great bang for your buck tires: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511686

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #84
bkfamus

Thanks for the info..

Gonna choose between the Potenza RE980AS, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and BFGoodrich comp2 A/S this week.. decisions, decisions....