Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Haunted edition Camaro? MyLink Issue

For the past month or so, my touchscreen not only hasn't responded to my touch, but also it acts on its own. I will be driving on my way to class and my car will open up settings, change the language, turn on and off the interior lights, and cycle through the list of radio stations constantly choosing a new station. I have taken it to the dealership twice for this issue and it is never completely fixed. Also, I have multiple videos on my phone of it acting on its own. Ideas?
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Warranty!!!! as many times as it takes!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
+1!!!!! Don't stop till they fix it.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #4
clrkmr

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Try getting a can of compressed air for cleaning computer equipment and blowing around the edges of the screen. We have similar problems at work on our touch screen computers. They get dust around the edges and the computer thinks someone is touching the screen. They do all sorts of weird actions like someone is just randomly pressing things on the screen. Worth a try before going back to the dealer.
clrkmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV8 View Post
For the past month or so, my touchscreen not only hasn't responded to my touch, but also it acts on its own. I will be driving on my way to class and my car will open up settings, change the language, turn on and off the interior lights, and cycle through the list of radio stations constantly choosing a new station. I have taken it to the dealership twice for this issue and it is never completely fixed. Also, I have multiple videos on my phone of it acting on its own. Ideas?
Haunted edition
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #6
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Mine started doing this two days ago, went back to normal on my drive to the dealership.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #7
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrkmr View Post
Try getting a can of compressed air for cleaning computer equipment and blowing around the edges of the screen. We have similar problems at work on our touch screen computers. They get dust around the edges and the computer thinks someone is touching the screen. They do all sorts of weird actions like someone is just randomly pressing things on the screen. Worth a try before going back to the dealer.
That's typically an issue with resistive (older, "soft") touch screens. Camaro seems to have capacitive (newer, "hard) touch screen. Unfortunately, I don't think dust will cause the problem, or that a can of air will fix it. Hopefully Im wrong.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #8
kasperdsmk

Drives: Hopeful 2017 2ss
Maybe someone has hacked into your cars system. Just like they did on the FCA system a year or 2 back I remember my dodge ram had a recall for an update to fix the software...ie. sounds like hacker work.
kasperdsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #9
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperdsmk View Post
Maybe someone has hacked into your cars system. Just like they did on the FCA system a year or 2 back I remember my dodge ram had a recall for an update to fix the software...ie. sounds like hacker work.
It actually sounds like a loose connection or circuit issues, perhaps water damage. Software acting that insane on its own would be supremely terrible just at that tier
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #10
Johnny108

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Hyper Metallic
This is the same thing that's happenkng to mine. In addition, the screen will stay black for a while until I get home and turn off the car and leave it off for a few hours. I have taken it to the dealer 4 times already and it keeps happening.
Johnny108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #11
The Intimidator

Drives: 2018 Red Hot Camaro ZL1
Yep, same here. The dealership had my car for a week. Still, no solution to the issue. They have GM engineers on the phone now trying to figure it out. So, they have been playing phone tag all week. The car will have the screen go all black, black off and on, radio stay on, touch screen go off and on, voice control go out, and now I have no steering wheel controls at all except heated steering wheel and cruise control. I can't even check my information center no matter how many times I start the car or how long it's been. Not cool. I just keep getting the entire thing about following GM procedures to weed out what it isn't. Well, this is getting ridiculous. They think they have narrowed it down to the HMI or the amplifier. Mostly the amplifier. Well, I they just need to replace both in my opinion. These things are faulty and needs to be a recall to fix whatever is going on. Too many cars seem to be having this issue. I've paid to much for a brand new car to be having more issues than my used car did. Not happy wondering what's going to happen next. I love the car but not the technology right now. I want my car fixed. I brought it home anyway now because it stopped the issue, so they said they couldn't go any further. We are keeping them updated and I hope they come up with a solution while we are updating them.
The Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #12
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Mine started this today. On the way to work, I could not control the screen, and the car changed itself to Spanish. After sitting at the office for 7 hours, the screen would not even turn on; however, it was still making the sound as if you were touching the screen. It will be going to the shop tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:18 AM   #13
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
Mine started this today. On the way to work, I could not control the screen, and the car changed itself to Spanish. After sitting at the office for 7 hours, the screen would not even turn on; however, it was still making the sound as if you were touching the screen. It will be going to the shop tomorrow.
Keep us updated! Mine changed the language to French!
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:50 AM   #14
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV8 View Post
Keep us updated! Mine changed the language to French!
At least I can understand French

I took the car in for several issues on Friday. I should have an update later today. Currently, all I know is they are replacing the front wheels.

1 - MyLink
2 - Both front wheels loosing black paint (http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471076)
3 - Groaning/grinding sounds from rear end when the car is cold (2nd time)
4 - Panel on driver side does not close with top down (just a lubrication issue)
5 - Convertible top molding out of alignement on passenger side (unknown if this is a real issue)
6 - Odd rattling noise from rear passenger side (nothing loose that I can find).

Tags
2016, 2ss, camaro, issue, mylink