Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #3711
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Well I got the drop springs in on monday... Letting her settle for a week then doing the alignment. I can already feel the improved handling, tight corners, and even just sitting in the car it feels better (aka shouldve been factory). Oh and she looks better Ignore the large wheel gap in the front, it has 245/45R19 in the front instead of the 245/50R19 because the dealer is an idiot.

arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #3712
Earle.Barnes

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
Hey my friend . I voted for your car because it is truly a very nice ride , as for you made it yours with the stuff you have done to it . You actually made an effort to change the stock look . To me 5th gens look all the same unless you take the time and put in the hours to make it truly part of you .

As for me I did take 2nd place in my class , But the girl with the white vert with WV tags , that just came to the show parked it never did anything to it and took 1st place . Well I should say she as a person took 1st place not her car , as the two clubs that didn't even go around and do any voting , They just stayed under their tents and voted for their club members only . To me this was very sad. As I know in in my heart , out of the 4# cars that were in my class The other 3 cars were out of their league compared to my car . Just my Opinion. I just don't feel she or her car deserved it , For 1st place you should have earned that right not just handed it !!!
The rain really made this a non show in my opinion. I don't dig on getting judged to win awards for the stuff I do to my car because my value and some other persons value are often very different. I really went to hang with my crew, under our tent and have some fun.

It's difficult to spend time and money on something that you love and have it be under-appreciated. Although I took first of two cars in my class, the other going to one of my fellow club member, I wasn't really there for that. I go to most of these shows and don't even vote honestly. I'm too busy checking out cars and enjoying the work that people do.

Don't sweat it that seriously man.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #3713
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Agreed 100%! I could care less about the award.

First of all, the GM Nationals is a Participant Voting show as opposed to a real show where they use a 100 Point system. Totally different. Those are the types of shows, where a little award is worthwhile. IMO. Participant vote shows are useless, they are for fun. My purpose was to hang with my fellow club members and have a great time, which I did. No, I didn't even waste time voting at a rained out show. More to me than a damn trophy, is hanging with fellow Camaro Owners shooting the breeze.

I happen to have gotten 3rd in your class of cars whom you believe where not even in your league. Don't get sooo caught -up in your ride man. I personally wouldn't have voted for you anyways.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #3714
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earle.Barnes View Post
The rain really made this a non show in my opinion. I don't dig on getting judged to win awards for the stuff I do to my car because my value and some other persons value are often very different. I really went to hang with my crew, under our tent and have some fun.

It's difficult to spend time and money on something that you love and have it be under-appreciated. Although I took first of two cars in my class, the other going to one of my fellow club member, I wasn't really there for that. I go to most of these shows and don't even vote honestly. I'm too busy checking out cars and enjoying the work that people do.

I respect your opinion , and I know a lot of people don't care about awards. I get it. But then why go to a show and put the reg. Tag in the window ? Why not just put not judged on it . And hang out with your friends and check out cars. This way your not disrespecting the people that do care about the show and worked hard to compete for awards ? Then again why even got to a show if you just wanted to have a club get together? Just asking as it would of been cheaper then paying $40.00 each for just a place to have a get together. Just saying. No disrespect as Im curious and yes I know it's a free world . ..As for my self I did look at everyone of your crews cars and voted for the ones in their classes. Even in the poring rain.

Last edited by BIO-HAZARD; 07-05-2015 at 11:48 PM.
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 PM   #3715
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post
Agreed 100%! I could care less about the award.

First of all, the GM Nationals is a Participant Voting show as opposed to a real show where they use a 100 Point system. Totally different. Those are the types of shows, where a little award is worthwhile. IMO. Participant vote shows are useless, they are for fun. My purpose was to hang with my fellow club members and have a great time, which I did. No, I didn't even waste time voting at a rained out show. More to me than a damn trophy, is hanging with fellow Camaro Owners shooting the breeze.

I happen to have gotten 3rd in your class of cars whom you believe where not even in your league. Don't get sooo caught -up in your ride man. I personally wouldn't have voted for you anyways.

As replied to previous post , same ? As Why go to a car show then ? . A cruise in would of been more in style...just saying....

As for your 100 point show being the only real show , check out next post..:

And I'm happy to herar that you wouldn't of voted for my car anyways. Ditto back to you only because your car wasn't parked in the right class. And the reason I know that is because I gave your car respect and actually looked at it.

One thing is I learned a lot from a few people, And all I was saying is just try to respect the show, Because GM National's is a show a lot of people go to and try to compete. As what was done and said wouldn't go over well with those older guys that have older cars.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #3716
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

BIO-HAZARD went to show number 15# today. This was a judged show, as per the 100 point system. 33# classes. Was in custom modified class 1973 to 2015. I didn't get a award for my class ...But I did score a perfect 100 points to get .....BEST IN SHOW CAR....
Totally never could of seen this coming . ...But very truly thankful . .....

Name:  20150705_232346.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  103.6 KB
Old 07-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #3717
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earle.Barnes View Post

I agree the rain did make the show suck. Friday the weather was awesome and it made the trip out there worth it. We were parked right across from your club and you guys had some impressive looking rides. You guys were hooked up under those tents. I'm not gonna lie we were jealous. My group went to check out everybody else's rides and see all the other cars. We didn't expect to win anything and actually left early on Saturday. The point is everybody goes for different reasons. That's what make our hobby attract so many different types of people.
chetkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #3718
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetkan View Post
I agree the rain did make the show suck. Friday the weather was awesome and it made the trip out there worth it. We were parked right across from your club and you guys had some impressive looking rides. You guys were hooked up under those tents. I'm not gonna lie we were jealous. My group went to check out everybody else's rides and see all the other cars. We didn't expect to win anything and actually left early on Saturday. The point is everybody goes for different reasons. That's what make our hobby attract so many different types of people.

Thats what I have been trying to say .Different reasons but also to respect those reasons . .
Go to a show just do what most do. If you do want to compete for awards or not then just don't enter your car in the judging area . .So the ones that do can have that area. .If you want to do a get together than do but don't take away from the ones that worked hard to compete in the show...

And I agree with the club tents , no one even tried to invite others in with the weather so bad. Kinda hurts when we are all supposed to be the 5th gen. Family . .
Old 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #3719
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

BIO-HAZARD went to show # 16 today , small local show. But had a nice time. They do Best In Class 1st & 2nd place , for Best In Show. Bio-Hazard took 1st place Best In Show.. Turned out to be a very nice day....Tomorrow is show # 17.

Name:  20150711_190250.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  107.9 KB
Old 07-12-2015, 05:28 AM   #3720
verboten

Drives: Black
Anyone heard if GM is going to offer green paint in 2016? Attached is a rendering of a cool green Z/28. The paint has a more yellow in it than SGM.
Attached Images

verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #3721
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
Anyone heard if GM is going to offer green paint in 2016? Attached is a rendering of a cool green Z/28. The paint has a more yellow in it than SGM.

Sweet looking....But I know it's never going to happen . ..
Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #3722
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Krypton and Camaro Krypton were registered by GM rumors are that it will be a green paint code.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:45 AM   #3723
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Krypton and Camaro Krypton were registered by GM rumors are that it will be a green paint code.
That would be awesome . ...
Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 AM   #3724
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

BIO-HAZARD did show number # 17 Sunday . Took home Kids choice 2nd place.
Then took Top 40 #. Which was really great. Because this was a AACÀ car show . A lot of older cars . This was the 1st year they opened it up t p have cars above 1990 . So had a very good weekend . .

Name:  20150713_135547.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  20150713_135609.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  82.9 KB