Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
The leaf blower part is NOT crazy in the least bit if you care about swirls in your paint, I ended up buying a leaf blower specifically just for that purpose for my former DD, an '11 LS in black. After a year or so, I finally had enough and got rid of it (plus I had a kid), my new rig is IOM, so although the swirls might still be there I can't see them nearly as easily. Plus, this time around, I accepted that the car is a DD and just try to look the other way.

That being said, if I nutted up for a real deal 1LE, SS, or ZL1, I would still be LOSING my mind trying to keep up with the paint and detailing... I'll wait a couple of years before I buy a 1LE garage queen...
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #16
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
crazy like a fox huh, OP.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #17
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Oh yeah, my wife's a weather checker too. She'll grab the iPad, laptop or her phone, check multiple sites for the forecast and checks the Doppler Radar for anything in the area. I keep telling her "it's a car" but she is quick to tell me otherwise. If she wants to drive in the rain, crap, deal with parking lots or potential trouble she's taking the truck.......

It's bad enough I swear when I get home I'll either have to take off my boots before getting in the car or she'll have a box of those paper type over-booties to slip on over my boots so I don't get the all weather floor matts dirty lol.

t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #18
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
DD. she stays clean though.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
I also never drive the car in the rain but have been caught twice in a freaking downpour!!!!
It never freaking rains in Phoenix but has too when I am 20 miles away from home.
My engine department looks better than when the car came off the floor.
Everything is spotless and I try to keep it that way.
You still can see all the stickers underneath and factory markers throughout the car.
Change my oil every 3-5 k miles and already changed the rear differential fluid twice with only 18K on the car.
Transmission fluid also have been changed.
I pamper my car and she knows it
Car looks and drives awesome
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #20
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
Sort of sounds like my wife. Anytime the car goes out it gets cleaned when it comes back. Maybe not a full wash and detail but at least a good going over with a cloth & spray. Talking to her this morning (her evening) she'd just gotten home from a little cruise to town and she said she had to clean the car, there was a dead bug on the front bumper....... When she does wash the car under the hood gets detailed, door jams, of course wheels & she reaches inside the wheels too, mits the wheel wells and the tires (thread portion too) then dries everything. She uses the 2 bucket 2 mit method and when done gives the car a once over with Adams detail spray.
Nice!!!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #21
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
Let me guess you also drive 10 under and leave a 300ft gap ?
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #22
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
My car is FILTHY!, with me getting ready for my move from Georgia to Vegas I have been neglecting it....and it shows. The good thing about dirt is it comes off and I will give her a good scrub down here pretty soon.
The problem out here in GA lately is all the DAMN rain we have been getting! That and the mud from my dirt road is a combination that is practically impossible to fight.
I know that once I get to Vegas, all this will change and keeping her clean will be easier, however I wont have a garage or driveway to keep her in for a while.
But thats the price I gotta pay in order to move somewhere I can find work and be able to pay for her
Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #23
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Anyone else out there this anal? - My 2012 Vert has NEVER been driven in the rain*, NEVER been wiped dry with a towel - only been blow-dried with a leaf blower and NEVER been washed without being waxed. NEVER had the oil under 50% life and only driven to church on Sundays.

Ok, the last line is not true but all the rest is.

* Live in N. CA so it's pretty easy in the summer...

Do you take up two spots when you park too?
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #24
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
There are many cobbwebs under my Camaro. I found a couple of black widows too. I guess now I am realizing that driving it would be best.

Name:  coverses.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  141.3 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #25
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
It's a car go enjoy it. Drive it until the car is well worn and then restore it. Then REPEAT
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #26
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
It's a car go enjoy it. Drive it until the car is well worn and then restore it. Then REPEAT
Or trade it in for a new one with Prelude taillights
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #27
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Anyone else out there this anal? - My 2012 Vert has NEVER been driven in the rain*, NEVER been wiped dry with a towel - only been blow-dried with a leaf blower and NEVER been washed without being waxed. NEVER had the oil under 50% life and only driven to church on Sundays.

Ok, the last line is not true but all the rest is.

* Live in N. CA so it's pretty easy in the summer...
Good for you! Unfortunately, none of that is gonna matter in the end to anyone but you. That car won't be worth any more than one with decent paint and similar miles that's been kept clean except to another car nut who's as anal as you are about it.... and he/she won't NEED a car because the one the have is like new!
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #28
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I thought I was crazy.. Whenever I have a car meet later that day, I'll go out and dry my car after every rain show (living in FL, you get use to afternoon showers in the summer), and if a garage is available, I'll stick my car in there until the car meet. Even if that means it sits for a day or two. But most of the time it's outside because I have a classic car in my garage.