Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-16-2016, 04:36 PM   #113
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Good job members. Almost 10 pages of nonsense. Keep going.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #114
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSTedFoST View Post
I bought mine because I love the sound of a V6, I always have, and I liked the look of the 5th gen. Not to mention it was the most powerful car for the price. I'm not a Camaro guy whatsoever, but the 5th gen is just something special. With full bolt-ons and a tune it was plenty fast for me. I wish I would've gotten to run E85 before I traded it in, but it was all in good fun. I am in a minuscule minority though that likes the sound of a V6 and doesn't like the sound of a V8, so it was perfect for me. That though was always a lot harder to make people understand than the reasons listed above when they asked me to justify why I bought a V6. My only gripes were the weight and the Aisin AY6, honestly.
The 2016 V6 sounds pretty awesome.

I love the sound of a lot of V6's, V8's, H-6's, H-4's, even some raspy high revving inline 6's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Who buys an SS for MPG anyways? That's like saying I'm trying to watch how many calories are in this homemade bacon cheeseburger.
I want that burger in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well my 17 year old daughter wants a Subaru sti.....I told her to turbo my Camaro ...she could drive it sometimes and we both would be happy. Not sure if going to work
STi is a great car. Overpriced and the looks ... well I don't like the look but I would still own one for it's capability and that interesting H-4 Subaru rumble. I enjoyed my modded 2002 WRX. Autocross was fun, the torque + grip mid to exit in the corner made up a lot of time on course. 0-80 in that little car was quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I'm not butt hurt judkins75, I hate taking my car to tracks i.e. 2015 NCM and 2016 Gingerman and having to hold up 5th gen and 6th gen SS's and Z/28's that were in my class while on the straightaways. However those same cars had the same respect for me as I kept there rear view mirrors full of my car in the curves. They gave me the point byes as they knew I was faster overall. I just want to end all the bashing until you get to a track and prove you have a faster car. As a person who has worked on my setup has said. "you will find that 75% of the time at tracks, that it is too much car and not enough driver" I've owned big V8's and love them. My '58 Chevy with a 348 BB Tripower was a hoot!! This car I own now was right for me at the time. Had a chance to upgrade to a SGM SS/RS a year later and just didn't do it because of the economy at the time being so shaky. 5 years later and I have spent more on this car than it will ever be worth if I were to sell it. However it is what I have created and it is a blast!! I giggle like a little kid everytime I go by a "V8" As one person on this forum said " Anyone can make a V8 fast, it takes a complete idiot to make a V6 fast" lol.
Had the same experience in my 4 banger Mazda at the track. Lot's of V8 butthurt. Mostly from 'vette drivers. The occasional M3 and 911 driver was also a bit annoyed. Whatever, it's just a track day (though secretly I loved the ego popping that a track day has for noobs and even some seasoned drivers).

This thread and many like it are classic justification psychology. Runs rampant amongst automotive enthusiasts. Same thing happens with Camaro xxx vs. everything else. We seem to have a need to believe our choice, our ways are better than others. I don't GAF. If I can have fun in the car and enjoy the ownership, I'm in. I want it to handle, I want it to at least be able to get out of it's own way at a brisk pace. Do I want the maximum version of whatever car it is? Sure. It's only natural. But price is typically my stopper. I'd have a Turbo Porsche today if they weren't so overpriced. Or a GT3, or a Z/28, or a GT-R, etc. But hey this 1LE is a pretty sweet spot for price/performance, for my particular situation. If money were no object, would I have a V6, or a 1LE? Probably not...
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #115
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
+1 brother

If I wanted to read a bunch a hyper sensitive crybaby B.S I'd make a FB account. Camaro 5 is for men and women that have petro running through there blood end of story ,take your tears elsewhere
lol. these threads are entertaining
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #116
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Had the same experience in my 4 banger Mazda at the track. Lot's of V8 butthurt. Mostly from 'vette drivers. The occasional M3 and 911 driver was also a bit annoyed. Whatever, it's just a track day (though secretly I loved the ego popping that a track day has for noobs and even some seasoned drivers).
I do the same thing at the track with my V6. Some take it well others don't but it sure is fun. Just finished this new build and if I can run high 10's now like I'm planning it will be even more fun...
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #117
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmike View Post
10 page thread by tomorrow
Good call.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #118
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwhite View Post
lol. these threads are entertaining
Next to catch cans threads, this is another favorite.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:57 PM   #119
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
These threads are freaking hilarious. V-8 guys get all butthurt, V-6 guys get all butthurt. I bought the car I wanted , have made some good modifications and am happy with what I have. If you think I need a V-8 Camaro to be happy, I will gladly send you my paypal address so you can send me enough money for me to be happy by your standards...
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #120
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
For those who don't understand "no shade" or "flowing shade", check urban dictionary online.
Great. Now I have to be too young to have a drivers license to understand the latest V6 vs V8 threads.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:35 PM   #121
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
This forum would be so much more enjoyable without all the trolls.
every forum, and the internet itself would be. unfortunately, that's all it really is anymore. just hate and trolling.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #122
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
every forum, and the internet itself would be. unfortunately, that's all it really is anymore. just hate and trolling.
I think on this forum it's much more mindless chatter than hate. Just like most large groups of people who don't really know each other (think 'car show').

All owners offer the reasons for their choice. That how conversations start.

CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #123
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
This forum would be so much more enjoyable without all the trolls.
No wiser words have ever been typed!
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:29 AM   #124
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by judkins75 View Post
Time and time again, you always here people define the reasons on buying a v6. For the gas mileage, cheaper insurance, etc! That's a bunch of bull! I've owned a 14 lfx and now I own an 14 ss and my insurance only went up a few dollars. Mpg is great for this 6.2 monster. I've gotten 30 mpg on cruise control@68 mph and 28 mpg @ 75 and under mph. I had fun in my v6, but nothing compares to a v8. I'm a Camaro guy, so I love all Camaros, but having buyer's remorse is no joke and I had that. Very happy with my ls3, so please stop using those excuses and keep it real with yourselfs. Again, no shade to the v6 guys, just stating some facts! Anybody out there feel what I'm saying? Chime in and let me know. Thank you..
Huh? I'm lucky if I get 14MPG.LOL.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #125
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
I second this... I may only have a V6 but I don't drive it to conserve fuel lol. I do 95% highway driving on my way to work and as of this morning my average is 18.4mpg, needless to say I have a heavy foot and an adrenalin addiction haha
your foot must be really heavy.i do love the fact that the 6 cyl.(rs)can go 150 miles per hour OR get 29 mpg.amazing cars in all respects.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #126
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
My son asked me WHY I didn't buy a V8.....I was 54 yo at time.......buying a CONVERTIBLE was MY priority....paid cash when I bought my car brand new...I didn't want to pay what they were asking for an SS or ZL1 convertible. That being said...3 years later...ZERO regrets that I bought a V6.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote