Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First off, you are one in over a hundred that have their car damaged and then have a note left. I know...I deal with this crap every single day...someone comes out to their car, sees a ding or dent, and nothing. ALL THE TIME. Only twice have I taken reports in over 5 years where someone actually left a note. And I've actually taken MORE (about 3 or 4) where a witness saw the guy hit the car and leave a note with license plate, make, and model of the car that hit it). Crazy huh? Again, be HAPPY you go the info...but sure, by all means, be ticked that your car was hit in the first place. I would be too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
A GM bodyshop will be able to give you a perfect match with GM paint.

I only have mine painted by the GM Chevy guys (for my last cars). Perfect job every single time. And, your paint has not faded yet, so once done, you would NEVER notice a difference.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #58
bilydean

Drives: One of the rare ABM camaros
Where in the Bay Area did you get hit?

Dean
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4B00 7/16 Released from QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
bilydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #59
jonny716
Stay thirsty my friends

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Update: It happened in the City of Alameda, right next to the City of Oakland. Yes, if you look at the pic there are still leaves on the lawn like nobody cut the lawn. I was perplexed by this myself. I did get a call back finally from the person that did it. Researched his name and number and he happens to be a dentist. What was he doing with a lawnmower in front of another business when his office is around the corner still eludes me. Going to take it to the claims adjuster tomorrow morning and then take it to a GM authorized body shop. Got a rental car lined up thanks to GEICO. I am paying my $500 deductible to hurry up and get my baby fixed and I am having my insurance co. deal with him to get reimbursed. One thing I have to say is my insurance co. GEICO was right on top of it. BTW, the movie I saw was "Gamer". It was okay (wait for the dvd) Thanks again for all the support.
jonny716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #60
RPO F55

Drives: 2005 C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Sorry dude but accidents don't just happen. They are caused by mechanical failure, an act of nature, or human negligence. If someone runs a red light and you t-bone them, is that an accident? Hell no, it's a crash caused by an a**hole
Wouldn't matter to me if she's Megan Fox or the circus fat lady, I'm still gonna go off the same if they damage my personal property.

Wow, speaking of people acting like a**holes, gotta love your perspective!

Give me a break Captain Perfection, never made a mistake in your life right?

What planet are you from?

Guy made a mistake, left a note and owned up to it. Bigger man than someone who condemns anyone else while pretending to be perfect.
RPO F55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #61
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
no matter how careful one is, there is a perfect match for everyone out there as opposites attract. You have to stay with your car at all times and foresee stupidity b4 it happens.
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #62
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I didn't get a note either.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #63
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
that makes me fing sick. assholes

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #64
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I didn't get a note either.
Did you ever get yours fixed?

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #65
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Sorry dude but accidents don't just happen. They are caused by mechanical failure, an act of nature, or human negligence. If someone runs a red light and you t-bone them, is that an accident? Hell no, it's a crash caused by an a**hole
Wouldn't matter to me if she's Megan Fox or the circus fat lady, I'm still gonna go off the same if they damage my personal property.
Sorry man, but accidents DO just happen. Have you never dropped a glass? Food? Made a mistake on a report? Done ANYTHING when you didn't mean to? That is an accident. An unplanned happening.

Its legit, you just need to fill out a bunch of boring surveys.
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #66
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
First of all, he's not an idiot since he did leave you a note. Accidents happen, and most people would have not done what he did. Especially on his salary.
Couldn't agree more. Sounds like an accident and you're really lucky that the person was considerate enough to leave you his information. I'd be upset that it happened too, but you're really lucky you won't be paying for it yourself!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #67
jonny716
Stay thirsty my friends

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Went to Auto body shop this morning and claims adjuster says that I will be getting a new door which I am happy about. Reallly did not want it repaired. Now it will be like new again. Problem is that now they have to acquire a new door and it might be awhile. In the meantime I will driving my Camaro with a black eye until the door comes in. :(
jonny716 is offline   Reply With Quote