Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #197
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Now that is the attitude all the teens driving a machine like this should have!
He was at his Moms for mothers day and posted that up. As his Dad I can attest that he will not be driving the SS unless I am with him. He will be going to a track so that he can experience the limits in a safe environment. He has already been to a competitive driving school and seems to have some natural skills but he realizes that nothing can replace experience and taking in the big picture. Good kid and very proud of him. Glad to see some of the beatings have soaked in.lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 05-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #198
infamous00827
Heartless-1

Drives: 2008 nissan altima coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
We do see the picture of the smashed car, so that much we know. But how can we take any of what DertyBr says seriously when he said he was driving the car 176 mph the night before?
yeah i'm sorry friend but i'm gonna have to go with him, something is very off.

i've been in two accidents both caused (yes i said Caused because both of the times i was stopped at a redlight and the guys hit me from the rear)by a 30yr old, and a mid 40 yr old guy. Both were idiots and cocky.the 30yr old claimed he was going 35 when he saw the red light he pressed the clutch instead of the brake. Now the insurance company found out that the 40yr old was going 70mph and said that he thought i was gonna turn
(where i was gonna turn is still a mistery )
age shouldn't be a factor but intelligence should, i mean how can you hit a non moving car at a redlight?

oh by the way i'm 20 lol

Last edited by infamous00827; 05-10-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: age
Old 05-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #199
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
if it had been a ford product it would have blown up from a rear impact like that.
sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #200
RSm1thX

Drives: 2005 Acura RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by spi View Post
i just read 8 pages of comments and this is what i have come up with....

I agree with Marvb549, i dont think we are gettng the whole story, so i dont feel sorry for this guy at all, it just doesnt make sense or add up at all...

Also i'm 19,i drive a 06 vette andi have a 2ss on order and hope to get it any day now...most teenagers cannot drive worth a poo and think they are unstoppable, idk how many times ive seen another guy at a redlight and wanted to race me in the vette, kids that just get new cars and dont have to pay for them selves dont care, and even some that do pay for them their selves dont care, but just for you doubters out there that dont believe none of us care...i do care, very dearly about my vette and i will care just as much about my camaro and ive worked my ass off for what i have since i was 9 years old, but point is, not all teenagers are stupid and cant drive and dont care about nothing or anybody...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optical View Post
I have been on the forums since last August when I found this awesome Camaro site. I have never joined until recently and well...here is my first post.

On the current subject I have read all the comments of the last 8 pages and I want to give my input on a lot of different subjects discussed throughout this thread:

I am 20 and have driven a 1993 Chevy Silverado Ext cab truck with the V8 5.7 in it since 16. For a Truck with 2wd and 350 horsepower it goes pretty fast. I have learned throughout my 4-5 years of driving that MOST teens are bad at driving. As much as its a joy to get our licenses at 16 legally here I wish we were more like Germany in terms of driving rules and being able to get a drivers license. They are much more stricter on everyone and you cant get a license until at least age 18. Anyhow, for the small percentage of "teen" drivers that can drive with care I am going to stand up for in some aspects because I am one of those safe drivers. I, personally am a Pilot and being one has made me a safer driver as being an pilot requires more precision and dicipline to getting a license to fly. Now there are idiots drivers in every age group and STATS show that people under 25 (esp teens) are most susceptible to getting in an accident. I personally have never been given a ticket and have never been in an accident.

I went to a high school where mommy's and daddy's bought their teens BMW's, Cadillacs, and Lexus' for them and let them roam free. I agree with you all who say that these cars are WAY too much of a automobile to handle for new drivers and they are just spoiled and want to show off. I get it. ive been there recently. But just don't discredit drivers like me who actually obey the law.

All of these raging adults I ask you to consider one thing: BEFORE you rant on a forum about how stupid teens are at driving and why they shouldn't be allowed out on the streets. Consider two things: Remember when you were a teen and first got the freedom to drive AND consider people under age 25, like me, that actually follow rules and drive with care. After contemplating those two things then choose to rant. We ALL break rules and speed and anyone who says they have not sped is a liar. Just THINK before you RANT.

I apologize for the varying topics in my "thoughts and inputs" in this forum but I needed to express my two cents as everyone else has.

Thanks so much for reading and hopefully we wont see another picture like the crash photos anytime soon.... Lets show them Challengers and Mustangs who is boss ... safely of course!

DRIVE SAFE!
i have to agree with both spi and optical...i myself am 18 and getting a camaro ss. which i am paying for every cent with my hard earned money ive been saving up ever since this car was unveiled. i have never been in an accident nor received a ticket (knock on wood) and ive been driving since i was 15 (with permit/which i drove on for a year until my 16th birthday). i am one of those teenagers that went to a rich high school also where many of them had beemers and lexus as many of them wrecked them and received new ones. my best friend also for his first car had a 99 corvette in which both him and i have never been in any sort of fender bender of any sort. i have only been pulled over once...and that was for not having a front license plate (let me go without anything). so this thread really disrespects all those who are mature enough to know whats right and whats wrong. everyone was a teen before...just which generation will learn that first? i have to also admit...just like everyone else...there are sometimes you really want to see what your car can do.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #201
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post

Graduated licenses NAO DURBAMA! NAO!! Seriously. Nobody should have an unlimited license until AT LEAST 25 (I'm 22, BTW). Said it before, saying it again. End of story.

Sue their parents, and file criminal charges against them as well. Seriously.. I'd do the same even if they did it to my truck.

They DIDN'T have a license
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #202
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
I would be curious to see how the Ford made out in this....any pics of that?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #203
LSP2010
IM A GURL

Drives: 2010/2SS
i hope u wasnt racing with those trolls they hit u hard as hell u can see the tires from tha rear
Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #204
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by als 011 z28 View Post
ARE YOUR PARENTS CRAZY? 426HP IS TOO MUCH POWER FOR A NEW DRIVER.
Agreed 100% If the parents of a 16 yo are buying a high-powered sports car for them, then w/o any doubt there are 3 things that come to mind.

#1 They want to show off their wealth to other wealthy parents by getting Jr. the baddest car on the block with no regard to the kids actual driving ability. I mean really 99% of 16 year olds have only driven mom's sedan and then only while the parents were in the passenger seat.

#2 They want to collect on that kids insurance when they die (or worse yet, kill some innocent people). B/c with a 16 yo driver behind the wheel of ANY car, much less a 400=HP Camaro, the odds are....................there will be a crash and it probably won't be just a fender-bender.

#3 The parents are just plain stupid.

My two cents.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #205
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
I am with you. Story seems a lil loose.

I also have twin 18 year old children. I dread the fact that my honor student, church going, band member kids are on the road in a Pontiac Grand Am SE. Put em in a Camaro SS? No Fing way. Their grandfather and I are buying them a car each for college, Bless the econo boxes. When they are old enough and make enough cash, they can get their sports car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvb549 View Post
I think that there is much more to this story than anyone on this board will ever know. I have an idea in my head that I just have to share. New Camaro owner gets on the street with his new toy and just has to prove its worth. Dusting a Challenger, driving 176 , and who know what else. My story continues with new Camaro owner running across a car of young teenagers and they also decide to race. New 2010 Camaro SS is way more car and he blows by and pulls in front with ease, but runs out of road or decides to slow it down. Big Brembo brakes slow camaro down in a really big hurry, to 25 MPH, but Ford in back does not have big Brembo brakes coupled with inexperienced driver and does not even stand a chance. The brake for the Ford is the tail end of a shiny new Camaro.

There are just too many things not adding up. I also find it hard, if not impossible to believe that this guy will get a second Camaro to trash and wreck before most even get their first. I also want to check my meter on that one.

Maybe my story is a fairy tale, but my guess is that if the truth be known, this is probably pretty close to what went down. I am almost positive Camaro driver did not realize the stopping power of the brakes in his machine and closed a gap too fast for any other car to respond to.

Please keep that in mind when driving and someone is on your tail. I assure you, you can stop much faster than they can.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #206
Marvb549

Drives: 07 Silverado, 1975 LT 350 CID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I would be curious to see how the Ford made out in this....any pics of that?
I have been wondering that myself. I have also been wondering why a rear end collision rips the back end of the car off from left to right and has all the sheet metal piled up on the drivers side.

I am also wondering where the imbedded pieces of the Ford and paint transfer are that would surely be left behind in the Camaro with an impact of this maghnitude.

I am also wondering where the Ford is at all. Beautiful thing about a new Camaro is the shiny new polished paint. In looking very carefully at this polished paint is that there is absolutely no reflection of the offending Ford in any of the reflections, from any angle, or any remote sign of it. Looking at the marks on the concrete, this Camaro came off the curb to its final resting place.

This car was not hit dead square in the back. This car was hit or hit something that ripped the back end off from passenger side to drivers side and it came to rest from off the road onto the road. The fact that the body metal is pushed from left to right would also mean the car would be in an orientation with the nose towards the curb instead of the back had the rear collision been dead on or a little slight of center to the passenger side.

The more I look at this the more I think this car was the victim of a driver that lost control and hit a stationary or parked object, with the tail end.

I also would like to agree with the young drivers that are defending themselves in this thread. Stereotyping any group of people as a whole for the actions of a few is in itself not a responsible act. Age has nothing to do with resposibility or experience. There are just as many old farts that are irresponsible and inexperienced as there are young ones. All ages share the affliction and there are responsible young drivers. I do definitely agree that they are not experienced, but I know many older drivers that also share that affliction as well.

And the driver of the dead Camaro, he was equally irresponsible for openly declaring racing on public streets and even moreso if it is true. Also, driving at 176MPH should land him in jail if it is true, which I doubt, Otherwise we are about to have another recall because the speed limiter is not functioning. And I am just joking so let's not start another rumor and bash GM!

2010 Camaro RJT SS/RS M6 #1049(Soon),2009 CrewCab Z71, 2007 Silverado (Trade on 2010), 1998 Brickyard 400 SS Z28 Convertible #3, 86 CJ7 SBC 305, '75 Camaro LT 350CID
New Shopping list: Third Gen IROC-Z and 69RS and will complete my Generations collection!!!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #207
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
You definitely can't make such general statements about a group of drivers and apply it to everyone. Leave that to the insurance companies...that's why they have higher rates!

As for this particular case, I say impound the kid's car (what's left of it), bar him from getting a license or another car until he is at least 25 (that will put the peer pressure on when friends/relatives get pissed at him for asking to bum a ride all the time), and send him to jail for a few months! That'll learn 'im! Driving without a license or insurance is not cool. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are that you don't need ins or a license...accidents happen!

Not to mention...if hes a minor...sue his parents to get back the value of your car! Maybe his POed dad will put a beat down on him he'll never forget!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #208
RPO F55

Drives: 2005 C6 Corvette
About the only thing that is clear is that "Dertybr" or whoever did not own any Camaro and certainly not this one. Nice act, not sure what is most obvious about it - the 10th grade sentence structure or the 176mph speed. LOL. Oh well, can always dream.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #209
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
But it actually was a teenager who hit his car, and most teenagers drive like idiots that is not opinion that is real world fact.
if it has the word "most" it is just about never a fact.
its like saying most people over the age of 60 drive 20 mph under the speed limit.
what percentage of teens (16-19) have wrecks that are not their fault?
not a guess, but actually the number of teens that have had wrecks before turning 20, divided by the total numbers of people 12-19 who have license.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #210
AH17708
Side Showin

Drives: 96 Impala SS

Closed Thread