Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
Forgotten

Drives: 79,89,94
Price on a 2018 Redline 1SS or 1SS

I'm in Oklahoma, and I just test drove my first sixth gen. WOW! I've driven Camaros since I was 15, have owned six. I could not believe the difference.

So the car I drove is a 2018 1SS w/ Redline Edition. I didn't care for the colors at first, but it's grown on me. I'm pretty terrible at buying cars, car salesmen just annoy the living hell out of me. But this is MSRP at 41k, 39k with discounts.

I've seen people on here discussing that they managed an OTD 32k on a 1SS, but I'm not sure if those were 2018s.

What is a good price to shoot for on this vehicle? There are actually two dealers here who both have almost the exact same car, so I'm sure I could bounce it off them both.

Thanks in advance!
Forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I'd recommend finding which dealers have the car you want and then working out the deal online or over the phone before even stepping foot in the dealer. Negotiate an out the door price including taxes and all fees. If you're not eligible for supplier discount, look into getting a farm bureau membership (~$50), which gives the same discount. Confirm all GM incentives you qualify for ahead of time.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Nicelyb

Drives: ‘18 2SS Redline edition
Not the greatest deal, but I drove off the lot with this one 2 weeks ago, exactly the way you see it (no aftermarket stuff added by me) for $46k (tax, tags, title, gap, etc..included). I’m in NC
Attached Images

Nicelyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicelyb View Post
Not the greatest deal, but I drove off the lot with this one 2 weeks ago, exactly the way you see it (no aftermarket stuff added by me) for $46k (tax, tags, title, gap, etc..included). I’m in NC
Congrats! Looks good!

Old 12-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
vtirocz

If you're looking for a "best case" target, I'd shoot for 20% off - probably won't get that, but it's goods to have in mind as a point of reference. On my 1SS this past March, I was able to get it for a little over 17% off w/ various offers stacked up. I found the exact car I wanted, sent the dealer an email and called them with my OUT THE DOOR offer and within 24hr purchased the car.

The critical thing is to negotiate the out the door price so ALL dealer fees are baked into that. If you negotiate MSRP, then they'll tend to tack on a bunch of BS fees.

People who got the best deals were around when Camaros could be tagged w/ the 20% off red tags (on 2016 models).

Old 12-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
If you're looking for a "best case" target, I'd shoot for 20% off - probably won't get that, but it's goods to have in mind as a point of reference. On my 1SS this past March, I was able to get it for a little over 17% off w/ various offers stacked up. I found the exact car I wanted, sent the dealer an email and called them with my OUT THE DOOR offer and within 24hr purchased the car.

The critical thing is to negotiate the out the door price so ALL dealer fees are baked into that. If you negotiate MSRP, then they'll tend to tack on a bunch of BS fees.

People who got the best deals were around when Camaros could be tagged w/ the 20% off red tags (on 2016 models).
Thanks! Just got back with my wife after looking at a Hyper Blue 2018 1SS. They started at 39k, gave me 1500 Loyalty, 1000 Consumer, and then said they "used Flex Cash" and explained what that was to get down to 35.3k Out the door.

I also asked them to figure in a military discount, which as far as I can tell, they did not do. I asked multiple times. Looking at the calc paper they scribbled out, I don't see it anywhere.

They of course asked what they could do to get us to take it home today, and I said if it was white, it would have been better. They went and found one that they say they can get delivered. For the same price.

So my issue is that hyper blue is a premium, 400 dollar add on. Summit white is not. The summit white car also has no sunroof, so that's another 995 difference in price. They don't think they need to come down 1400 in price on this other car.

Am I being too anal about the price after they got it down to 35k?
Old 12-23-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
Nicelyb

Drives: ‘18 2SS Redline edition
IMO if $35k is your number, then stick to your guns. Do not be afraid to walk away for a few days if they don’t meet the number. From why I’ve heard if it’s on the lot then they can sell it for whatever they want. If you special order something, then you don’t have as much leverage to get the price down.
Nicelyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #8
Forgotten

Might as well keep this a running thing.

Found a Summit White 2018 1SS far outside the main city here, not worth the drive if the price isn't right.

It has performance exhaust and the Ground Effects package. They have it listed at 37.9. I emailed them and asked for the best price, with consumer cash, loyalty, and a military discount.

Came back with 39,685.

They literally went up almost 2k. Didn't say "Out the door price".

I'm just dumbfounded. I contacted them through the damn website, through the car's page. Was I supposed to forget they have it listed lower? And really, military discount included in this price???

And I'm not really interested in "my price". I want the lowest price possible. Period. I got a 2014 1SS for 32k. Yes, different gen, but I've seen lots of gents getting 6th gens for close to this, as well. And I'm sure this was without a military discount.

Gee, I hate buying cars.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #9
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Like this is blowing my mind.. I paid 53k special ordered my 16 2ss Tax/ GAP/ Protection Plan.. I have 3,900 miles on it year and half later. Took it to the same dealer about possibility of going with a ZL1 they offered me $29,500. So, these things depreciate super fast just a heads up.
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaHyperblue2ss View Post
Like this is blowing my mind.. I paid 53k special ordered my 16 2ss Tax/ GAP/ Protection Plan.. I have 3,900 miles on it year and half later. Took it to the same dealer about possibility of going with a ZL1 they offered me $29,500. So, these things depreciate super fast just a heads up.

That blows. yeah, that's insulting, knowing what you paid for it. I had to sell my 2011 SS for a four door, a year ago due to custody changing to me. So I went to the dealer I bought it from and they offered me 10k off what I paid for it. Went to another Chevy dealer, they gave me payoff. That's all I was asking.

It's practically impossible to find a dealer that won't rake you over the coals every chance they get.

And I've learned you can get GAP coverage from your insurance company for like 35 bucks a year. I've always paid hundreds, if not over a thousand for dealer GAP coverage.

We need a forum just for what people have managed to get on their car prices, or for people to post here. I'd love to hear what other people managed to get their Camaros for. I'm sure it would help lots of people.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #11
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicelyb View Post

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #12
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
That blows. yeah, that's insulting, knowing what you paid for it. I had to sell my 2011 SS for a four door, a year ago due to custody changing to me. So I went to the dealer I bought it from and they offered me 10k off what I paid for it. Went to another Chevy dealer, they gave me payoff. That's all I was asking.

It's practically impossible to find a dealer that won't rake you over the coals every chance they get.

And I've learned you can get GAP coverage from your insurance company for like 35 bucks a year. I've always paid hundreds, if not over a thousand for dealer GAP coverage.

We need a forum just for what people have managed to get on their car prices, or for people to post here. I'd love to hear what other people managed to get their Camaros for. I'm sure it would help lots of people.

Just want to warn you.. I paid like 895 for gap insurance dealership 100% total gap is covered no small print.. I once used the GAP INSURANCE from progressive unfortunately my wife totaled that car in a bad accident luckily she was fine other then some whiplash the gap insurance did kick in but we had to pay out of pocket about 1k to the bank after all said and done. Lots of fine print. Their gap insurance doesn't cover Deductible so those that run with high deductibles ur screwed.. Also they only cover max cash value of 6,500 upside down. So say my perfect example i am upside down about 10k currently if I total my car tomorrow and I had insurance gap I would lose 3,500 plus my 500 deductible. So, honestly dealership ones cost more but there is a reason they cost more. So read ur fine print specially GEiCO OR PROGRESSIVE gap plans.
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaHyperblue2ss View Post
Just want to warn you.. I paid like 895 for gap insurance dealership 100% total gap is covered no small print.. I once used the GAP INSURANCE from progressive unfortunately my wife totaled that car in a bad accident luckily she was fine other then some whiplash the gap insurance did kick in but we had to pay out of pocket about 1k to the bank after all said and done. Lots of fine print. Their gap insurance doesn't cover Deductible so those that run with high deductibles ur screwed.. Also they only cover max cash value of 6,500 upside down. So say my perfect example i am upside down about 10k currently if I total my car tomorrow and I had insurance gap I would lose 3,500 plus my 500 deductible. So, honestly dealership ones cost more but there is a reason they cost more. So read ur fine print specially GEiCO OR PROGRESSIVE gap plans.
That's interesting to hear. Definitely a "do your homework" thing.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #14
edjtyer

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red 1SS Manual
My 1SS MSRP was 38900. They took 6500 off sticker. They added back tax, tags, and 600 doc fee. After I got the the deal all set I pulled out my GM card and got another 1500 off.
I did talk to other dealers and 6500 off MSRP on SS models was the best anyone offered. I hope this helps. (NC)
edjtyer is offline   Reply With Quote