Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-04-2024, 04:26 PM   #113
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddivinia View Post
Should make a sticky of the garage 56 VIN, dealer info, etc.

D.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Garage 56 just sold on BAT for $260,000.00

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...amaro-coupe-4/
The buyer:

Name:  Screenshot 2024-02-04 162440.png
Views: 76
Size:  81.3 KB
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:55 PM   #114
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
this was car #1, but still crazy money!
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:55 PM   #115
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Yup the guy sounds genuinely happy to have paid that and I hope he enjoy's it.

He must be a true "collector" so I'm sure he has the money to speculate like that for the future values.
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 06:39 PM   #116
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
I would lend towards this too... Hard to believe any dealer let that slip by without knowing what they were doing...
Myself and a couple others tried hard to get one even close to MSRP and contacted many dealers early on. Gave up that search well over a month ago and most were taking bids it was going so high. I'm going to say that didn't happen unless you're way more than just a friend to the dealer.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:06 PM   #117
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
They bumped their head.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 08:51 PM   #118
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Myself and a couple others tried hard to get one even close to MSRP and contacted many dealers early on. Gave up that search well over a month ago and most were taking bids it was going so high. I'm going to say that didn't happen unless you're way more than just a friend to the dealer.
Try the one I mentioned. O'Reilly Chevrolet in Arizona thru said it's on the lot and ready to go but haven't told me if the price online is the price they are selling it for.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 09:03 PM   #119
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
A fool and their money soon part.....

But this is also why GM is complete fools... they would have made BANK offering an LT5 ZL1.... or even a Z06 powered ZL1 1LE..... even a 1 year run, it would have made massive amounts of money

But yeah, let's worry about stickers and wheels....and a few select badges/wings..

For the record, I like how it looks and had it been something more normally priced, I'd have bought one.... because it looked worth the price.... just not 100K+ worth it
Old 02-04-2024, 09:31 PM   #120
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Well, This collector Edition #22 went for $236,500.00 the week before at BJ.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...ARO-ZL1-272570
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:12 PM   #121
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
A fool and their money soon part.....

But this is also why GM is complete fools... they would have made BANK offering an LT5 ZL1.... or even a Z06 powered ZL1 1LE..... even a 1 year run, it would have made massive amounts of money

But yeah, let's worry about stickers and wheels....and a few select badges/wings..

For the record, I like how it looks and had it been something more normally priced, I'd have bought one.... because it looked worth the price.... just not 100K+ worth it
Are you talking about a C8 Z06 engine in the ZL1 1LE? They would never do that because that would mean they would need to redesign the Camaro to make the engine fit and redesign the engine itself to fit onto the transmission. The LT5 would have been better send off for the ZL1.

It'll take a lot more time than you think. Redesigning all that, making it fit, testing it, fixing things, testing more, making sure it works reliabily, etc, etc.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:06 PM   #122
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Are you talking about a C8 Z06 engine in the ZL1 1LE? They would never do that because that would mean they would need to redesign the Camaro to make the engine fit and redesign the engine itself to fit onto the transmission. The LT5 would have been better send off for the ZL1.

It'll take a lot more time than you think. Redesigning all that, making it fit, testing it, fixing things, testing more, making sure it works reliabily, etc, etc.
The Z06 motor wont work in the ZL1 1LE, but GM had time that it could have devoted to try and make it work. My whole entire point was that there were far superior ways to make a LOT more money than simply stickers/rims/wing packages....

Yes, the LT5 would have made entirely perfect sense for the ZL1 since all it would have needed is a slightly bigger scoop on the hood to make it work. Wouldn't have really changed anything else about the Camaro otherwise.

A pulley upgrade option for the ZL1 from factory would have also made more sense...a number of basic swaps to allow for more HP would have made entirely TOO much sense...

And all of those would have generated a boat load of money for Chevy as a whole. I don't even need other fans of Chevy to agree with me, as I watched it all happen with the Hellcat cars (as I owned one). Not to mention, Dodge has factory warranty HP upgrades for the Hellcat/Redeye cars...

Lots and lots of money to be made and people simply too stupid to capitalize (Chevy).
Old 02-05-2024, 07:15 AM   #123
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The Z06 motor wont work in the ZL1 1LE, but GM had time that it could have devoted to try and make it work. My whole entire point was that there were far superior ways to make a LOT more money than simply stickers/rims/wing packages....

Yes, the LT5 would have made entirely perfect sense for the ZL1 since all it would have needed is a slightly bigger scoop on the hood to make it work. Wouldn't have really changed anything else about the Camaro otherwise.

A pulley upgrade option for the ZL1 from factory would have also made more sense...a number of basic swaps to allow for more HP would have made entirely TOO much sense...

And all of those would have generated a boat load of money for Chevy as a whole. I don't even need other fans of Chevy to agree with me, as I watched it all happen with the Hellcat cars (as I owned one). Not to mention, Dodge has factory warranty HP upgrades for the Hellcat/Redeye cars...

Lots and lots of money to be made and people simply too stupid to capitalize (Chevy).
Your "whole entire point" as you say was moot 5 years ago when they disbanded the Camaro team. Performance upgrades were never going to happen after that point because there was no one left to make it happen. Everyone knew Camaro was going away no matter what the clickbait said.

Would 56 cars with a little more HP really make a difference anyway. We would be having a whole different discussion then. My only rub on this car is they should have left the DSSV and 19" wheels on it.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:41 AM   #124
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Your "whole entire point" as you say was moot 5 years ago when they disbanded the Camaro team. Performance upgrades were never going to happen after that point because there was no one left to make it happen. Everyone knew Camaro was going away no matter what the clickbait said.
I actually think the writing was on the wall even before the Camaro team was disbanded. But yes, you are correct for the most part, as without those driving forces, there was no incentive to do it. Could some bigwig made an executive decision to do something? Absolutely... but this is why I say they really dropped the ball overall.

Quote:
Would 56 cars with a little more HP really make a difference anyway. We would be having a whole different discussion then. My only rub on this car is they should have left the DSSV and 19" wheels on it.
I would agree with the DSSV and 19" wheels, would have made it far more collectible. I'd even throw in that yes, a ZL1 with a factory 710-720 hp would have potentially drummed up more interest, same with the Panther cars....would it have fixed sales? No... but eeking out a few extra bucks for little effort on their part would have worked.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:43 AM   #125
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Us poor's tend to have a hard time rationalizing that the folks who buy these types of cars would know no difference between spending 80k or 300k on essentially the same car. It's simply pocket change for them.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:25 AM   #126
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Us poor's tend to have a hard time rationalizing that the folks who buy these types of cars would know no difference between spending 80k or 300k on essentially the same car. It's simply pocket change for them.

Pretty much this! ^^^
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote