#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #15
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback16 View Post
It came down at the worst time, right as everyone was getting off work. I had to drive from Little Rock to Benton in the middle of all that (was not in my Camaro) it took forever trying to find a road that did not look like that with all the cars piled up.
I don't envy you on that drive, it's stupposed to get bad again at 11pm tonight, so fingers crossed people maybe we can get some better video tonight.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #16
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
I take the camaro everywhere, it's the people that can't drive in the snow/ice that worry me. That and since when does Arkansas have much of a winter, I can only imagine what the summer will be like.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #17
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
The rear tires on my 2wd blazer xtreme are at 50% or less and I haven't had a single problem in our storms up here in the Northeast yet. It's all about knowing how to drive and unfortunately, those folks have no clue. Kinda surprised that the 4wd trucks were having issues. Just goes to show you that even with all the technology of these new vehicles that you still can't prevent stupid people from doing stupid things.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #18
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I don't know how old you guy's are,but I lived in Jonesboro in my teen years 76-80 and we got some pretty heavy snow some winters,I went to Little Rock in 84-86 in the Air Force and saw some good snow and icy roads.But yeah you usually don't have to deal with that stuff,but I don't care where you live if it ices over,you aren't going anywhere!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #19
pocketcthulhu

I was old enough to go play in those snow storms but that's about it.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I know its mean, and if the tables were turned I wouldn't be laughing, but after watching all of those videos I couldn't help but lol after the first few videos. its like they came out of nowhere sliding sideways....that hill must be more steep than it looks in the video.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #21
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I know its mean, and if the tables were turned I wouldn't be laughing, but after watching all of those videos I couldn't help but lol after the first few videos. its like they came out of nowhere sliding sideways....that hill must be more steep than it looks in the video.
Doubt it. Its probably just that everyone has summer tires on the car. In a dusting, just the pitch of the road from the middle to the curb was enough to cause my car to slide. Getting all season tires fixed this. Just the slightest amount of incline with summers is enough to turn your car into a sled. I drove around for years in an Iroc-Z 5.7L in the worst of storms and never got stuck. Had all seasons on them. You'd be suprised how much more traction you get with a good tire, RWD or not.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #22
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Oh no! VVS!!

Old 02-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #23
pocketcthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
with the first 3-4 wrecks we were out checking on people but after a long enough time span I just stopped giving a rats you know.

the section of the hill that's seen where the cars are stuck isn't that much of a hill but it's Much steeper to the north (left side from the video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Doubt it. Its probably just that everyone has summer tires on the car. In a dusting, just the pitch of the road from the middle to the curb was enough to cause my car to slide. Getting all season tires fixed this. Just the slightest amount of incline with summers is enough to turn your car into a sled. I drove around for years in an Iroc-Z 5.7L in the worst of storms and never got stuck. Had all seasons on them. You'd be suprised how much more traction you get with a good tire, RWD or not.
the top of the hill is about even with the roof on the 3rd story of these apartments it just starts to level out about even with my apartment, so yea this is a genuine case of the video doesn't do it justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Oh no! VVS!!

I am so showing that to the gf, she was So proud of her videos.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #24
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
wow, hope it doesn't really snow down there!