Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
arkguy188

Drives: 2017 camaro 2.0 6 speed manual
Pedal max ?

Hey guys! I’m new here . I purchased a 2017 2.0 a few months back. So excited to own a camaro again! I had an 89 RS when I was 19 or 20. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has installed or knows anyone who has installed the (I believe) pedal max that’s supposed to cut out the GOD AWFUL delay between when you touch the pedal and when it actually goes. I just want to know #1 will it void the factory warranty by installing this and #2 does it actually work? I don’t wanna waste $300 on some snake oil product.
arkguy188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
It fixes the lag by sending more voltage to the TPS opening it faster. Adds zero power but does completely change the driving experience. You'll hear the whiners and snake oil critics say tune is better and it is but if you have a 2017 well that's alot of money. There are cheaper versions Vitesse is one whiskeyfed just got one used for like $40 on here so maybe look around and check ebay. It will not void your warranty in fact if there's a warranty related issue just uninstall it for the visit.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
arkguy188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
It fixes the lag by sending more voltage to the TPS opening it faster. Adds zero power but does completely change the driving experience. You'll hear the whiners and snake oil critics say tune is better and it is but if you have a 2017 well that's alot of money. There are cheaper versions Vitesse is one whiskeyfed just got one used for like $40 on here so maybe look around and check ebay. It will not void your warranty in fact if there's a warranty related issue just uninstall it for the visit.
Awesome . That’s what I wanted to hear. Yeah I knew t wasn’t going to add any power but if it does in fact change the driving experience and make it more pleasureable and easy to drive I’m all for it! I’ll have to check because yes, $300 is $150 why of the car payment lol.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkguy188 View Post
Awesome . That’s what I wanted to hear. Yeah I knew t wasn’t going to add any power but if it does in fact change the driving experience and make it more pleasureable and easy to drive I’m all for it! I’ll have to check because yes, $300 is $150 why of the car payment lol.
Just wait and see if you can get one from a private seller used. I definitely would not have bought it if it was full retail price. I got good jump on a guy selling his on here for $40 shipped. I couldn't pass it up. Even if i hate it, it was only 40 bucks.

If you can't find one for less than retail, save for a tune. I have not used one before but since I am not going to tune any time in the near future, this was a no brainer, especially for less than 50 doll hairs. Good luck! Good group of 2.0 guys here.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #5
15CamaroV6

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro I4 Turbo
my pedal max wasnt 300. they must have raised the price. i bought 1 for my 15 camaro when i had it and the 16 i have now. 150 was what i paid from jms.
15CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #6
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
You want a Vitesse TC? I have one I'll never use again. I only had it in my car for about two months last year and while it did help with the ridiculous OE throttle delay, it doesn't completely cure it.

I never had an issue with it until the first track day I ran with it last May. It caused the computer to put the car in a decreased power limp mode, twice! I took it out and it never happened again.
Other than the track experience, it worked perfectly on the street and also when I ran the car in two autocrosses with it installed.

You have a PM.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
arkguy188

$289 is what JMS has them for now. I did find one on vitesse for I think it was $179. I would love to get a tune BUT I absolutely do not want to void my warranty. Believe it or not I’ve already had to use it and I’ve only had the car a little over 3 months. I was cruising down the interstate at about 90 and all of a sudden the car started shaking and lost all power. The dealer explained that something caused one of the lifters to get out of place . When they gave me the car back I had to send it right back because somehow, the 1st and 2nd Gear syncros had went out .
Old 01-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Like i said get one cheap your mostly hearing issues from people who had a bad experience for any number of reasons or ones who don't even own the 2.0T camaro. I wouldn't pay the 230 or 180 for either one get it cheap used it helps and i stated what it does and others have as well cept for the couple tide pod challenge survivors on here.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #9
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
Hey guys! I’m new here . I purchased a 2017 2.0 a few months back. So excited to own a camaro again! I had an 89 RS when I was 19 or 20. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has installed or knows anyone who has installed the (I believe) pedal max that’s supposed to cut out the GOD AWFUL delay between when you touch the pedal and when it actually goes. I just want to know #1 will it void the factory warranty by installing this and #2 does it actually work? I don’t wanna waste $300 on some snake oil product.
I bought one used for $100 on offer-up app. used it for 3weeks. was not very impressed. Its feels ok at first but gets old real quick, they work better on an naturally aspirated engine like the v8 . I had to remove it cause I had to take my car to the dealer for some unrelated warrantee claim, but never bothered putting it back. after 3or 4 weeks of it just sitting in my garage put it on ebay and sold it for $120 which took care of fees and shipping, so I broke even. Now I have a tune and Ohh lord what a difference. I read after I sold it that in conjunction with a tune the vitesse controller gives a better result and feel but I wont be buying another one to find out. To me it s a waist of money to buy it new
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #10
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I spent $7.25 on Amazon and got the exact same results as these throttle products. Best part was there is NO way it could ever effect warranty!!!

Here is what I picked up!
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:47 AM   #11
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
I don't have any delay from pressing the throttle, and the engine gaining RPM. On the LTG, I believe people are incorrectly labeling both boost threshold and lag as the 'delay' reason. Woudln't waste any money on one of these products. If you search, you'll find that many people have tripped 'reduced power mode', which creates a new headache.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

See Post #2 lol it's not some boost threshold or thorttle lag it helps bypass the delay in GMs drive by wire system don't make me sound like the smart internet mechanic we were all doing so well.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Don't worry, I can guarantee you over the course of internet past history and future to come, Literally NO one has or will EVER make that mistake.
Says the guy who wears wooden sandals.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #14
arkguy188

Well I would LOVE to get a tune, but I won’t be able to for a few years.