Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #29
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I was in the market for a mustang at one point but the ugly interior was too much for me.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:08 AM   #30
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
I was in the market for a mustang at one point but the ugly interior was too much for me.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of the chrome toggles. Too much bling and in the wrong place. A brushed nickel look would have been better, something like the finish in the Camaro.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #31
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
I'm headed up to NAIAS next weekend to make a decision between that and the ZR1, which I already have an allocation and ordered. If so, I'm trying to figure out how to auction off that ZR1 allocation or if I just buy it and sell it LOL. I've never owned a Mustang, but we work on the new ones and I like the bodies. While I can't stand the look of that dated blue oval, the styling on the car itself has me for sure.
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #32
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
No way in hell would I subject myself to the experience that I went thru for the GT350R.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #33
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
No way in hell would I subject myself to the experience that I went thru for the GT350R.
I think Motorhead has the right idea. You wait it out - I think patience is key if you want to get the GT500; shopping around (including out-of-state) and especially working with the right dealer - i.e. a dealer who has a great customer rating and a no-adm policy (there are some dealers who do). I like the ZL1, but for whatever reason it hasn't piqued my interest enough to pull the trigger, but the GT500 does - especially if it can get the power down to the ground effectively (drove a 2013 and that was a spooky car to drive because of the lack of traction. That's a major reason I went with the 6th gen Camaro, including the great looks and interior).

I'll do some research and see what I find.
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #34
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
I'm headed up to NAIAS next weekend to make a decision between that and the ZR1, which I already have an allocation and ordered. If so, I'm trying to figure out how to auction off that ZR1 allocation or if I just buy it and sell it LOL. I've never owned a Mustang, but we work on the new ones and I like the bodies. While I can't stand the look of that dated blue oval, the styling on the car itself has me for sure.
Haha -- that sounds exactly like something I would do. Don't think you'll have trouble either way. I doubt very seriously that you'd have difficulty auctioning off your allocation spot. By the way, I'm not sure what all of the hubbub is about with the 2019 GT500 being a 200+ mph car. That was also the claim of the 2013 GT500...
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #35
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Are actual allocations even available? Last I heard GM wasn't giving out real allocations and orders, just trying to "gauge interest" from dealers. (in regards to Zr1)
Old 01-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #36
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
You've gotta be kidding me....

Was this before you knew how it performed - and especially against a ZL1 for instance?
Not kidding at all, they still wanted $130K for this particular "demo" which already had about 500 or so miles on her at that time.

This was before the ZL1 was even confirmed to even be officially built...the ZL1 was still in the rumor stage. But I had already rode in my co-workers GT350 which had a $12K mark up at that time brand new. I'll be honest, I really like the look of the GT350's...that does not take away my love for my ZL1 or any of my Vettes. The GT350 has a flat-plane crank (like my R1), naturally aspirated powered motor...it's quite special. The handling is very good, just lacking the supercharger and muscle of the ZL1, but still a really good car. There are different companies out there now coming out with supercharger setups for the GT350, so power is available for those who want it...as is More power for the ZL1 for those who want it....point is, for any car with a good platform, more power can be had if you want more.

I have no doubt the GT500 will be better than the previous version, but the cost may be painful for those who want one. I can't wait to see how many they are limited to...1000?...2-3000? that will help determine how crazy the pricing is going to be...not the MSRP...the "real" price lol
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #37
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Do you know when you're going to be there? I'm going to be there too.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #38
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
The Alpha chassis is so much better than the Mustang platform. The ZL1-1LE will outperform th GT 500 is my prediction.... plus a 100k for a Ford......

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #39
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I'll be at the NAIAS on the 20th. This should be an excellent show!

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #40
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
The worst things about mustangs are their dealer markups and their inability to handle torque. Let’s go and make a 200mph 750hp Carbon fiber and aluminum jack-of-all-trades Mustang, because what can possibly go wrong? The base price will be $75,000 and the optioned Out ones will reach $83,000 and then dealer markups will make them $120,000 and don’t go crying to Ford when you swap pulleys and the engine blows. Al said that the Camaro team wants to focus on improving the middle and bottom of the lineup. Go Al.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #41
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
In all seriousness, the big three are just flexing their muscles and showing off what they can do to impress the uninformed public. Impress them with a Hellcat, sell them an R/T. Oh, you like the GT350? We don’t have any available right now, but this Mustang GT has the performance pack so it’s almost as good, right? Like that ZL1 pace car? Well sorry, you have to settle for this SS. It’s almost stupid how expensive muscle cars are getting. Remember when a Camaro SS was $32,000? That’s less than what the average American pays for a new car. It’s relatively affordable. We need a Cheap Camaro SS again.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #42
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
In all seriousness, the big three are just flexing their muscles and showing off what they can do to impress the uninformed public. Impress them with a Hellcat, sell them an R/T. Oh, you like the GT350? We don’t have any available right now, but this Mustang GT has the performance pack so it’s almost as good, right? Like that ZL1 pace car? Well sorry, you have to settle for this SS. It’s almost stupid how expensive muscle cars are getting. Remember when a Camaro SS was $32,000? That’s less than what the average American pays for a new car. It’s relatively affordable. We need a Cheap Camaro SS again.
I waited over 4 decades to be able to afford & enjoy my ZL1 that supports performance of supercars for half the price. It is my FIRST sports car & I'm almost 50. I paid cash. I walked away from every Ford dealer on the 350 because of adm until I found the ZL1.

I drove 10-15 year old vehicles, lived frugal, paid off my mortgage and avoided keeping up with the Jones's...Then I went looking. EVEN If the buying public should beg for a $30k SS that you have to finance most of, then you should actually be driving a reliable paid off vehicle be it $10k or less & get your finances prioritized. Nobody 'needs' a sports car at any specific price point one deems reasonable...you simply 'need' transportation. Wants & needs are different.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote