Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #15
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
other than the initial launch the driver plays no part in how fast the run is, it's an auto and all he is doing is trying to push the pedal through the floor and steering.
And nearly everyone would agree that the launch is the most important thing.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #16
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
And nearly everyone would agree that the launch is the most important thing.
absolutely...

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
So, bone stock Convertible ZL1 3/4 tank of fuel. Me knob newby Driver- 11.40 at 125 and 11.54 all day. I have not raced in years. And even that, I only have maybe 20 passes in my life My first pass ever in the car was 11.98 and I didn’t even get the burnout right... so if this premium pass on a perfect day for a mustang excites you, well.... I have video and time slips. Just think if I had tires and a track prep... 1/8th tank gas I believe 10.9s are very doable in my big 4000 lbs of Convertible rolling permagrin.

When they bust 11.5s all day at 4000lbs of car I will put my stock ZL1 against any of the new cars.

oh wait I’m 4th on the fast list for bone stock car..
Your post just makes what the Mustang achieved look even better. That's the entire point.

A lot less power, alot less cost. Only .48sec slower than you. Pretty damn impressive.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #18
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your post just makes what the Mustang achieved look even better. That's the entire point.

A lot less power, alot less cost. Only .48sec slower than you. Pretty damn impressive.
1 - Nobody wants less hp.

2 - Half a second is an absolute ass kicking. If you lose by half a second, then you got completely and convincingly obliterated with no chance of winning. And even more so if your run was max effort with a pro driver who spends all his time at a track against a minimum effort regular Joe who goes every now and then.

3 - If YOU want to be impressed by such lame performance then go ahead. Nobody here is trying to stop you. That just shows us how poor in performance the GT has been from 15-17 when you finally get to our level and are extremely impressed and go around giving the GT handies. But don't sit here trying to get us to be impressed because we aren't.

4 - There is way more to the allure of a ZL1 than simply what it can do in a straight line. You guys are hanging on to these runs because that is all the GT has. Our ZL1s handle somethin crazy, they have a shit load of options, have way better braking capability, will hold higher value, it'll roll the shit out of any Mustang Ford has out right now, it has a bullet proof drivetrain, and all under warranty...and no matter how you slice it, it'll STILL beat any Mustang Ford has out in a quarter mile. So keep on trying to fluff the GT up. It isn't anywhere even close to the level of a ZL1. It is cheaper by far. And that extra money spent on the ZL1 means that there is no performance or objective category that the GT will win over the ZL1.

Just in case you weren't aware.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #19
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
1 - Nobody wants less hp.

2 - Half a second is an absolute ass kicking. If you lose by half a second, then you got completely and convincingly obliterated with no chance of winning. And even more so if your run was max effort with a pro driver who spends all his time at a track against a minimum effort regular Joe who goes every now and then.

3 - If YOU want to be impressed by such lame performance then go ahead. Nobody here is trying to stop you. That just shows us how poor in performance the GT has been from 15-17 when you finally get to our level and are extremely impressed and go around giving the GT handies. But don't sit here trying to get us to be impressed because we aren't.

4 - There is way more to the allure of a ZL1 than simply what it can do in a straight line. You guys are hanging on to these runs because that is all the GT has. Our ZL1s handle somethin crazy, they have a shit load of options, have way better braking capability, will hold higher value, it'll roll the shit out of any Mustang Ford has out right now, it has a bullet proof drivetrain, and all under warranty...and no matter how you slice it, it'll STILL beat any Mustang Ford has out in a quarter mile. So keep on trying to fluff the GT up. It isn't anywhere even close to the level of a ZL1. It is cheaper by far. And that extra money spent on the ZL1 means that there is no performance or objective category that the GT will win over the ZL1.

Just in case you weren't aware.
Wow! Upset much? You dont get the point either. I have 707HP dodge ,as it looks like you do too, and will beat that 2018 Mustang Gt also. So I'm not allowed to be impressed with what Ford has done with that car? I forgot that you cant complement anything but the Gen6 Camaro on this fourm. Good bye.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #20
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Fully aware, but if anyone knows the tricks, Evan does. Pulling the air filter, disconnecting front sway, removing various parts, staging shallow, etc. The man can drive a stick car for real.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #21
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Wow! Upset much? You dont get the point either. I have 707HP dodge ,as it looks like you do too, and will beat that 2018 Mustang Gt also. So I'm not allowed to be impressed with what Ford has done with that car? I forgot that you cant complement anything but the Gen6 Camaro on this fourm. Good bye.
I simply replied to your comparing of the GT to a ZL1. I don't really care what impresses you or not. But when you sit here comparing a car like the ZL1 to something like a GT then don't be surprised when we correct you.

For argument's sake, what would have happened if you trolled on over to the Hellcat form and made the same comparison between the Hellcat and the GT? They'd have eaten you alive. By comparison I went easy on you. And for the record, why would you be surprised that on a Camaro forum there are people who strictly like the Camaro? Should I be ashamed of myself that I like Camaros more? Is this forum about all cars or is it Camaro specific? Just curious.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:38 PM   #22
motorhead

Quote:
I simply replied to your comparing of the GT to a ZL1. I don't really care what impresses you or not. But when you sit here comparing a car like the ZL1 to something like a GT then don't be surprised when we correct you.

For argument's sake, what would have happened if you trolled on over to the Hellcat form and made the same comparison between the Hellcat and the GT? They'd have eaten you alive. By comparison I went easy on you. And for the record, why would you be surprised that on a Camaro forum there are people who strictly like the Camaro? Should I be ashamed of myself that I like Camaros more? Is this forum about all cars or is it Camaro specific? Just curious.
I never ask if you cared. Did I? I dont even know you. Im not sure why this site has a seaction to talk about other cars when many of its members can't seem to keep things from getting childish when someone does (well unless we bash the other car then it's okay)
I wasn't comparing it to the ZL1 in the sense you believe (not trying to make the ZL1 less of a car or some crap). I was replying to the post. I think everyone with half a brian that follows American muscle knows the ZL1 is far superior to the Mustang GT. It still doesnt take away from what the 2018 GT has achieved. You should learn to not get so excited over the small things in life. You'll live longer.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #23
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:

Actually, eh, wrong. What he's saying is he sux as a driver. Give Tony Stewart a Zl1 for a whole day in primo air on a prepped track and watch the times he rips off. We wouldn't stop hearing it from the Mustang crowd.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:06 PM   #24
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Actually, eh, wrong. What he's saying is he sux as a driver. Give Tony Stewart a Zl1 for a whole day in primo air on a prepped track and watch the times he rips off. We wouldn't stop hearing it from the Mustang crowd.
Nobody in their right mind is comparing the 2018 GT to a ZL1 unless they are just plain idiots. That has nothing to do with what this new Mustang can do with what it has. It's no different than what the Gen6 Camaro SS can do with what it has which is also very impressive. The Gen6 bested the Gen5 ZL1 in many ways when I had a Gen5 ZL1. Did I whine about? No. I was impressed at what GM did with the Gen6. You guys just arent getting what Im driving at. Im not hung up on one brand over another. I appreciate any car that performs well or impoves over it's previous model. Ive owned all of these cars from all three company's since the 05 Mustang came out with multiples of all in different models except for a Gen6ZL1; which Im working on now. I've a lot of fun and each had good and bad points. What I enjoy is seeing these marked improvements in technology and performance. Im not running anyone's car down because I like them all.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I never ask if you cared. Did I?
Yea well I said it. Nobody asked you if you were impressed by the lame-ass GT but you proudly proclaimed your fascination with it. So that's where we are.
Quote:
Im not sure why this site has a seaction to talk about other cars when many of its members can't seem to keep things from getting childish when someone does (well unless we bash the other car then it's okay)
This isn't the section to talk about other cars. That sub-forum is way at the bottom and is called "General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion". THIS section is about the CAMARO VS other cars. Emphasis on Camaro. If you wanna discuss other cars then scroll to the bottom. BTW, you won't see me there. Have fun.
Quote:
I wasn't comparing it to the ZL1 in the sense you believe (not trying to make the ZL1 less of a car or some crap). I was replying to the post. I think everyone with half a brian that follows American muscle knows the ZL1 is far superior to the Mustang GT. It still doesnt take away from what the 2018 GT has achieved. You should learn to not get so excited over the small things in life. You'll live longer.
If you wanna believe I got excited over nonsense then go right on ahead. I won't try to stop you. But you made a statement in comparing the GT to the ZL1 and then tried to insinuate that the GT was somehow a better deal. "A lot less power, alot less cost. Only .48sec slower than you. Pretty damn impressive.". My point was to inform you that half a second is an ass whupping and that not only does the ZL1 slaughter every Mustang in the quarter mile but also in every performance related category that these cars are based on while also offering more options. Which is exactly what I did. So the entire comment you made was completely ridiculous. Again, if I bought a $35K GT, modified it, and then beat a stock Hellcat, could I make your statement that the GT is cheaper and beats a Hellcat for less money spent and that makes it impressive? How stupid would it sound if someone went to the Hellcat forum and said that? You don't have to answer that.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #26
motorhead

Quote:
Yea well I said it. Nobody asked you if you were impressed by the lame-ass GT but you proudly proclaimed your fascination with it. So that's where we are.

This isn't the section to talk about other cars. That sub-forum is way at the bottom and is called "General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion". THIS section is about the CAMARO VS other cars. Emphasis on Camaro. If you wanna discuss other cars then scroll to the bottom. BTW, you won't see me there. Have fun.

If you wanna believe I got excited over nonsense then go right on ahead. I won't try to stop you. But you made a statement in comparing the GT to the ZL1 and then tried to insinuate that the GT was somehow a better deal. "A lot less power, alot less cost. Only .48sec slower than you. Pretty damn impressive.". My point was to inform you that half a second is an ass whupping and that not only does the ZL1 slaughter every Mustang in the quarter mile but also in every performance related category that these cars are based on while also offering more options. Which is exactly what I did. So the entire comment you made was completely ridiculous. Again, if I bought a $35K GT, modified it, and then beat a stock Hellcat, could I make your statement that the GT is cheaper and beats a Hellcat for less money spent and that makes it impressive? How stupid would it sound if someone went to the Hellcat forum and said that? You don't have to answer that.
You're still missing the point. Im not trying to argue with you. You were reading it the way you wanted it to interpret it to be. Whose to say the GT isnt a better deal to someone. Just because you dont think its a better deal doesnt mean someone is wrong who thinks that is. Perception plays a large roll in what people think is a good deal in the car buying game.
Oh, and I completely understand tenths of a second in racing. I've been around it all my life. I currently sponsor two dirt track cars. I under stand distance and time. Thanks for reminding me though. Appreciate it.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
You're still missing the point. Im not trying to argue with you. You were reading it the way you wanted it to interpret it to be. Whose to say the GT isnt a better deal to someone. Just because you dont think its a better deal doesnt mean someone is wrong who thinks that is. Perception plays a large roll in what people think is a good deal in the car buying game.
Oh, and I completely understand tenths of a second in racing. I've been around it all my life. I currently sponsor two dirt track cars. I under stand distance and time. Thanks for reminding me though. Appreciate it.
Ok. I just wanted to clear that up then. People tend to come to this forum and think that their GT with enough mods to blow their warranty that can max effort beat a lazy effort stock ZL1 makes the GT a better deal. Or make statements like yours except they mean it in a different way than you say you meant it. We both know that is not the case by a long shot.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:46 PM   #28
motorhead

Quote:
Ok. I just wanted to clear that up then. People tend to come to this forum and think that their GT with enough mods to blow their warranty that can max effort beat a lazy effort stock ZL1 makes the GT a better deal. Or make statements like yours except they mean it in a different way than you say you meant it. We both know that is not the case by a long shot.
I agree ,and they would be the idiots I spoke of above. Ford wouldn't be building a GT500 if the GT was even close to the same company of the ZL1. Hell, the 350 didnt cut it either, thus a GT500 is coming. I'm going to asuume it will fall short of the ZL1 especially the 1LE version too. That still doesnt change my mine about the 18 GT, but I understand that no one cares about my opinion as you so eloquently stated as I wouldnt expect them too here. After all they dont know me. Others that do know me, well that's a different story. It all good.