#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #15
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I tried to clearance the header so I could leave the valve cover on and it didn't work but I did get amazingly luck because now I got a lot from between my starter.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #16
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
I took the passenger side valve cover off as well. i have two inch ARH and they fit absolutely perfect. The lower pulley is a better way to go in my mind. You get better belt wrap and maintain a balance on the drive pulley/idler/tensior track
So did you drop them in from the top? Do anything to the starter? My original plan was to remove the big stiffening plate and starter and go in from the bottom.

Any yeah, belt wrap is a good thing. I learned a lot about that on a Magnuson MP122 build I did about 12 years ago. On this car, I just want to do what’s least intrusive.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:44 PM   #17
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
So did you drop them in from the top? Do anything to the starter? My original plan was to remove the big stiffening plate and starter and go in from the bottom.

Any yeah, belt wrap is a good thing. I learned a lot about that on a Magnuson MP122 build I did about 12 years ago. On this car, I just want to do what’s least intrusive.
yeah passenger side is from the top, remove valve cover, starter shouldn't need to come out but every header is different but with my ARH 2" I did not have too and fitment/clearance is perfect. driver side goes right up in from the bottom no sweat. Man I miss the MP112/MP122 days!!! those things screamed! I had one on my GTO back in the day and on a TBSS
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:52 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

2000 mile update headers working and looking fine..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #19
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
yeah passenger side is from the top, remove valve cover, starter shouldn't need to come out but every header is different but with my ARH 2" I did not have too and fitment/clearance is perfect. driver side goes right up in from the bottom no sweat. Man I miss the MP112/MP122 days!!! those things screamed! I had one on my GTO back in the day and on a TBSS
Well, I ended up putting my Kooks in from the bottom. The big stiffening plate had to be removed to get the driver side in, so I just did the passenger side from the bottom at that point. There’s a bunch of screws and bolts, but it’s something I’m very used to. Not bad at all if you have good electric/pneumatic tools and a lift.

Oh, and I’m with you on the old 122 blowers. Mine was on a heads/cam LS1 that was in a ‘67 Camaro. It “only” made 540 whp with 11 psi and meth, but damn did it sound good. That blower screamed.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #20
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
praying for a Kooks vs ARH vs TSP header video soon...I was ready to push the button on the ARH but TSP has been proven now and in the past to produce a product that gets you a lot of bang for the buck! I have to really argue the pricing point when it comes to headers in particular. Most other parts I'm like meh whatever heres my Visa card.....lol
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #21
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I won't lie I'm the 1st one to say I spent more than you or I have blah blah blah on my car. But these are every bit as nice as kooks that I had on my 5th gen. I never saw a set of ARH so I can't say, I've seen stainless works they are just as nice.

The flanges are perfectly straight, the primaries are thick and 304, the welds are good and beautiful there no disruption in the flow where it mounts to the flange. They came with stock gm new gaskets O2 extension which aren't even needed atleast on my car.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:08 PM   #22
Zl1steve

Drives: Zl1
Who did tuning and with what tuner?
Zl1steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:55 PM   #23
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1steve View Post
Who did tuning and with what tuner?
The "famous" Matt Sorian is who he mentioned in other threads.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:21 AM   #24
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Yes.. Matt Sorian hp tuners.. I would trust powfab, Matt from 21st century, alex from peitz performance, and Ted from jannetty.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:11 AM   #25
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Here is underside pic of TSP headers I got the car bak on lift and was able to make the headers go straight down the center.. I cur a tad more off stock exhaust and barely cut the mid pipe or cat delete so it would not run up against the bend. So disregard being off center from previous install critique.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #26
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I won't lie I'm the 1st one to say I spent more than you or I have blah blah blah on my car. But these are every bit as nice as kooks that I had on my 5th gen. I never saw a set of ARH so I can't say, I've seen stainless works they are just as nice.

The flanges are perfectly straight, the primaries are thick and 304, the welds are good and beautiful there no disruption in the flow where it mounts to the flange. They came with stock gm new gaskets O2 extension which aren't even needed atleast on my car.
the difference between them are ARH are USA made 304 Stainless steel and headers assembled in NY. Stainless Works are assembled in USA were they get there steel I dont know. Kooks are assembled in USA steel I dont know. TSP are made in china. as far as quality ARH Kooks and Stainless Works are all at the top with ARH being the only 1 who says were there steel is from. They are the only ones you can say has the best steel.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #27
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

The TSP were thick, the flanges were straight. They still look beautiful 7k miles later. . A 3 or 400 dollar difference okay.. but a 1500 difference cmon.. I'd could put 3 sets on my self for that price.

I heard the same debate on Chinese cranks.. the callies low end stuff steel from China machined in USA I never had a problem.. the dragon slayer all american..the Chinese metal made a lot 1500 hp happy camaro owners w no failure.

The story I got the one of the kooks designers left and started ARH

Old 04-08-2018, 07:30 AM   #28
wallyj

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, Mosaic Black
Don't know how I missed this thread when you originally posted it.
Thanks for all the detail and pics! I hope to start down this path next year when I'm travelling less and have more time to work on the car.