Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-23-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
frozin

Drives: Summit White v6
How-to Bumper/Fog Light Fix

Hey everyone,

Was driving through San Antonio today and had a wooden board, that came out of nowhere, hit my front bumper on the interstate. At the moment the clips are visible on the driver side front bumper (bottom) and one is broken. I also had my driver's side foglight hit, which detached it from the bumper, but it is still wired and functional.

I had a few questions:
1. Can I purchase replacement clips for the bumper? I've never detached it so I'm unaware if there is a way to remove them individually.
2. Do I need to purchase a new foglight or do they also sell just an assembly to get it back into place on the bumper?
3. Would I only need to remove the bumper to remount the foglight and get the clips back under the grill?

Thank you very much for any assistance! Pictures below.
Attached Images

Last edited by frozin; 12-24-2017 at 02:47 PM.
frozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
Raph

Drives: Camaro 2.0t
Had the same thing happened to me,buff it out and take it to the dealer and tell them that that you’re fog light and grill popped off, fixed under warranty
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
frozin

Drives: Summit White v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Had the same thing happened to me,buff it out and take it to the dealer and tell them that that you’re fog light and grill popped off, fixed under warranty
Thanks Raph, I assumed they would consider it accidental damage and not cover the damage under warranty. I'll contact them again and see what they say. They turned me down on the phone earlier, but I believe they think I need the fog light rewired or something.
frozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #4
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Need to remove bumper to get the grill back together. It's not hard to do. You can get a replacement for the fog light on eBay for pretty cheap. It's pretty obvious that something hit it. Don't think trying to scam the dealer is the way to go.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper, fog light, foglight, front bumper