Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #15
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
DA was -294 @ 8:56 am
+1 @ 9:56 am
The pass was made at 9:36 am so in negative DA.
Still not bad for a big stock 6.2L pushrod that have been out on the road for more than 2 year!
It was +22 where I checked. I used late 9 am not late 8 am. It’s far closer. It was 9:38 am so i used data from 9:56 am. 18 minutes lol. You can call it negative if it makes you feel better Only way to know for sure would be a kestrel at the track. And btw this isn’t his only 11.8 slip. He has gone 11.8 in higher DA.

According to your mustang br0s even -500 -600 DA is just an average day. So this should really be impressive to them.

And the motor is actually pretty small compared to a coyote. It’s insane how massive they are.

They actually been on the road for 4 years now. Since 2013 in the 14 stingray

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 12-12-2017 at 07:04 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Proves my point on my video I uploaded. For some reason, those guys.........on the other forums think the new GT is gonna slay anything and everything. Their hero run out right now..........stock is 12.11. His conditions were better than the OP's conditions. Which brings me back to the........."other" guys still claiming a tune/fuel/tire upgrade will bring down a Zl1. smh.
its because they've been lying to themselves that the 15-17 GT was a drivers race with the SS. Now that the GT can actually run they think they are super car fast and all come out of hiding to troll.

In SS land 12.11 is called average.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #17
MaxxRPM

Drives: 2016 Camaro NFG 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
C: You're trolling.
If I were trolling I wouldn't be saying "I" got beat in "my" Camaro. I believe the Camaro is a little faster stock, yes....But NOTHING like I hear the asshats on here spout off about...........If you come across a Coyote with these cars its definitely not a guaranteed win.......That's what I now "know".......
MaxxRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #18
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxRPM View Post
If I were trolling I wouldn't be saying "I" got beat in "my" Camaro. I believe the Camaro is a little faster stock, yes....But NOTHING like I hear the asshats on here spout off about...........If you come across a Coyote with these cars its definitely not a guaranteed win.......That's what I now "know".......
So a couple GTs beat you and you don't know what mods they have or not you just know the Camaro sucks? Only time a Mustang ever beat me stock was when I got a bad launch and missed a gear and ran like a 14 lol.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #19
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Both stock it is in fact an ass whooping. It’s not close or what would be called a drivers race.

Same day comparisons show them a good half second apart. That’s 5-6 car lengths in a 1/4. A beating

I don’t consider myself an “asshat” and know my way around a dragstrip. When my car was cai and tire stock tune I was consistently a half second faster than the tune and tire mustang auto at my track.

Anything can happen on the street or any given day etc. but a fair an honest run from both with equal drivers both getting traction the Camaro dominates the 15-17 mustang GT stock for stock. It’s not an opinion or fanboy BS. Just a fact period
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:13 PM   #20
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Dilly Dilly
Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #21
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Both stock it is in fact an ass whooping. It’s not close or what would be called a drivers race.

Same day comparisons show them a good half second apart. That’s 5-6 car lengths in a 1/4. A beating

I don’t consider myself an “asshat” and know my way around a dragstrip. When my car was cai and tire stock tune I was consistently a half second faster than the tune and tire mustang auto at my track.

Anything can happen on the street or any given day etc. but a fair an honest run from both with equal drivers both getting traction the Camaro dominates the 15-17 mustang GT stock for stock. It’s not an opinion or fanboy BS. Just a fact period
That's an articulated bus length. Wow.

It's great that Ford has gotten into the game. Great job guys. Keep up the good work.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:34 PM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you lost to a 15-17 GT and you are in a 6th Gen SS then either he is a much better driver than you are, something is wrong with your car, or he is modded and you aren't.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #23
MaxxRPM

One was a S197 and one S550.....Nah, they wasn't stock but I had a 14 Coyote before with a few mods and didn't seem to make it any faster. This things got stupid foeking torque but it didn't pull on either of these Stangs on top. Was actually losing ground to the S550......Maybe just mine sucks......
Old 12-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #24
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
One was a S197 and one S550.....Nah, they wasn't stock but I had a 14 Coyote before with a few mods and didn't seem to make it any faster. This things got stupid foeking torque but it didn't pull on either of these Stangs on top. Was actually losing ground to the S550......Maybe just mine sucks......
Are you modded? Do you know what mods they had? If the S550 had a GT350 IM with tune, LTs, cai then I could see him giving you a run up top or even beating you. But he would need the LTs or the GT350 IM...at least one of those. I roll raced a few 5th Gen SS Camaros when I had my 15 GT with cai, catback, GT350 IM/TB, and custom tune and they were no match even the modded ones.Even when I was just custom tuned with cai and catback I would pull on the 5th Gens. I never got the chance to race a 6th Gen tho. A friend of mine has a 17 SS and he beat a S197 Boss 302 on a roll race. He has a video of it. The guy he raced said he had LTs and a tune but I don't know. So it really depends on what mods they had...or admitted to having, lol!!
Old 12-13-2017, 01:36 AM   #25
MaxxRPM

My Camaro is stock. It's not a race car and don't want it to be.......But still, all the talk I hear on here I didn't expect to lose to even modded Stangs. Now just so we are clear and I understand, the Mustang is not in the Camaro's league, but add LTs and IM, and then it is? That don't sound like different leagues to me and in my personal opinion (and experience) you guys are trash talking the Coyote way too much.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:32 AM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
My Camaro is stock. It's not a race car and don't want it to be.......But still, all the talk I hear on here I didn't expect to lose to even modded Stangs. Now just so we are clear and I understand, the Mustang is not in the Camaro's league, but add LTs and IM, and then it is? That don't sound like different leagues to me and in my personal opinion (and experience) you guys are trash talking the Coyote way too much.
I had a 15 GT. And trust me, LTs and GT350 IM/TB on that car makes a world of a difference. Those two items with an intake and custom tune can put the S550 GT in the 450+ range to the wheels. I've seen them as high as 460s. One of my best friends has a 15 GT with those items. Well he is supercharged now but before the blower he was FBO. With FBO he was running neck and neck with our other friend's stock 16 SS. They both were low 12s. I did everything on my GT except for the LTs. When I did the GT350 IM/TB was when I felt like the car was finally fast. I actually had ordered LTs and they came in but I never got to install them.

And they are in different leagues. The GT is a fast car. But the Camaro is just so fast that it makes the GT look slow. As far as trash talking, well what do you expect? They do the same thing over there. All the time. It's part of the game. You have a Camaro SS. So why is it bothering you that we're trash talking? Go over there and defend the Camaro for 1 second and let me know how it works out for you. We all talk trash. But at least we have the better performing cars!!
Old 12-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
But I will say that Mustangs leave us behind once you start modding both cars. Especially when adding boost. My friend is making well over 700 to the wheels on boost in his GT. Once you mod and boost the GT it is very tough to beat. Mod for mod I think they're faster on their fast list than we are. They definitely have the aftermarket advantage.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 AM   #28
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
2015 GT is Gen 1 Coyote, 2016-17 Gen 2, 18 is gen 3. Coyote went from 420 Hp crank gen 1, to 435 Hp crank gen 2. Other internal parts were upgraded as well. Gen 3 is 460 Hp crank DI & port. This is all out of 302 CI. displacement vs 6.2 in the Camaro. Both are 12 sec. cars easily. I enjoy running thru the twisty's but have never found a Camaro SS or ZL1 to run with off track. This duo of sports cars put a hurt on most any other RWD cars sold today & it's a great time to be a Gearhead! So let's enjoy our respective pony cars and Drive.