Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 11-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #15
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
If we find out that this time is legit then I wonder how the Shelby guys will feel after spending crazy ADMs on their car just to have it get beaten by a GT with much less hp. And I wonder how the GT will do on the track and if Shelby sales will take a dive.
Shelby sales are already down I think. We have a dealer here that can't sell one after two years. Ford won't continue them after this year. The Voodoo has been a nightmare if you ask me.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #16
ISHLISS
Chevy & Ford Enthusiast

Drives: '21 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
That's a 10th faster than I've ever been able to achieve with my M6 ZL1. I'm pretty confident GM will have the A10 in the 2019 SS (if not before). When they do I hope they have a software update ready for the guys who bought the '17 M6 ZL1s.

I know the A10 is better suited for drag racing, but come on... With ~190 more horsepower, the manual transmission ZL1s should at least be able to keep up... It should be embarrassing to GM that their manual transmission ZL1s can't launch.

Plenty of M6 ZL1s in the 11s man, think you just need a lot more seat time.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #17
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
That's a 10th faster than I've ever been able to achieve with my M6 ZL1. I'm pretty confident GM will have the A10 in the 2019 SS (if not before). When they do I hope they have a software update ready for the guys who bought the '17 M6 ZL1s.

I know the A10 is better suited for drag racing, but come on... With ~190 more horsepower, the manual transmission ZL1s should at least be able to keep up... It should be embarrassing to GM that their manual transmission ZL1s can't launch.
Sounds like you need the driver mod big time. My friend ran 11.7 in his bone stock M6 ZL1...
Old 11-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #18
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHLISS View Post
Plenty of M6 ZL1s in the 11s man, think you just need a lot more seat time.
This.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #19
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Just because a few people can figure out how to manipulate the car to get a reasonable launch doesn't mean there isn't an issue with the car.

Currently 77 out of 97 people (~80%) feel the car has an issue launching.
(http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9959946)

I've been told in person by one of the lead Camaro engineers that they are aware of the issues launching the car and that there would be a software update.

In some ways I agree with you guys. Sure, more seat time couldn't hurt. However, I'm positive there is an issue with the car that makes it much harder to launch than it should be.

So don't laugh too hard. You'll see if/when this software update is ever released.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #20
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Just because a few people can figure out how to manipulate the car to get a reasonable launch doesn't mean there isn't an issue with the car.

Currently 77 out of 97 people (~80%) feel the car has an issue launching.
(http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9959946)

I've been told in person by one of the lead Camaro engineers that they are aware of the issues launching the car and that there would be a software update.

In some ways I agree with you guys. Sure, more seat time couldn't hurt. However, I'm positive there is an issue with the car that makes it much harder to launch than it should be.

So don't laugh to hard. You'll see if/when this software update is ever released.
Does this bog even effect normal driving for you M6 ZL1 guys?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #21
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Does this bog even effect normal driving for you M6 ZL1 guys?
The daily driving issue is more of a wheel slip issue. A small amount of wheel slip at low speed causes an overaggressive response to try to regain traction.

It boils down to the fact that GM uses a wheel slip calculation that is based on a percentage. So when you are moving slow on take off, say 1 MPH, if you have 1 MPH of wheel slip... which is almost imperceptible... that's 100% wheel slip! The computer panics because it thinks there's no traction and pulls a severe amount of ignition timing (in an attempt to regain traction)... This leaves the driver with a WTF just happened feeling.

I'm not exactly sure why, but the 6th Gen SS and the SS 1LE do not seem to have the same problem (at least not to the same extent).
Old 11-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #22
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Lets face it, M6 cars (SS and ZL1) cannot compete against comparably prepped automatic cars. Not sure if Chevy can do anything to close that gap.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #23
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Lets face it, M6 cars (SS and ZL1) cannot compete against comparably prepped automatic cars. Not sure if Chevy can do anything to close that gap.
I agree 100%. But when a manual transmission car with 190 more horsepower and 230 more ft-lb of torque can't at least keep up with an otherwise similar automatic car, that's an indication of a problem.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #24
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
No point in closing the gap. You want a drag car, get an automatic, you want a fun track car get a manual...

You just want a fun car in general, get a manual. Every time I buy an automatic performance car, I get bored and sell it within a year. No more of that nonsense lol...
Old 11-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #25
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
The daily driving issue is more of a wheel slip issue. A small amount of wheel slip at low speed causes an overaggressive response to try to regain traction.

It boils down to the fact that GM uses a wheel slip calculation that is based on a percentage. So when you are moving slow on take off, say 1 MPH, if you have 1 MPH of wheel slip... which is almost imperceptible... that's 100% wheel slip! The computer panics because it thinks there's no traction and pulls a severe amount of ignition timing (in an attempt to regain traction)... This leaves the driver with a WTF just happened feeling.

I'm not exactly sure why, but the 6th Gen SS and the SS 1LE do not seem to have the same problem (at least not to the same extent).
Wow, that would drive me nuts...thankfully not an issue on mine.

Quote:
I agree 100%. But when a manual transmission car with 190 more horsepower and 230 more ft-lb of torque can't at least keep up with an otherwise similar automatic car, that's an indication of a problem.
Yes, but you are comparing the slowest M6 ZL1 times (many have gotten into the 11's) with a possible "hero" like time of another car. Too many variables too.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #26
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
No point in closing the gap. You want a drag car, get an automatic, you want a fun track car get a manual...

You just want a fun car in general, get a manual. Every time I buy an automatic performance car, I get bored and sell it within a year. No more of that nonsense lol...
Actually if available, I would opt for an a10 and get the best of both worlds. Its only a matter of time.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #27
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I can't find any info on this anywhere. But I wonder why they're only posting the tweaked numbers. I'm thinking it must not have done well at all in off the showroom floor condition otherwise they'd be posting up those numbers to. For them to post tweaked times is a bit misleading if you ask me. When the 6th Gen SS came out we had times that were official and in full DD trim with stock tire pressure. So they get the GT and tweak it and put it on a rented track making multiple passes and post the best one...lol!! That thing is a mid 12.
According to the video they put on their facebook page they got 6 passes in.

12.1 @ 116

12.2 @ 116

those were the three best passes they made according to the video. Take it for what its worth
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 11-01-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #28
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I think it will turn out to be a driver's race once we see more and more acceleration tests / comparison tests between the two. I'm anxious to see the reviews!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph

Closed Thread