Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2017, 04:26 AM   #15
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
i dont care if the new mustang has more power or drives better,
because it looks not good..
Totally subjective, of course. For example, I think the current Mustang looks great.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:42 AM   #16
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
Unless Ford's willing to throw $3100 worth of incentives/cashback my way, they've already lost before they even hit the dealership in my case...

'18 1SS 6M + NPP + 56R wheels - $37511 invoice + D/D

'18 GT 6M + PP + active exhaust (and mandatory 301A equipment group) - $40610 invoice + D/D

If that 301A group wasn't necessary, the price difference would've been a bit closer, but still a $1200 difference, but since apparently Ford couldn't be bothered to design a button/switch for the active exhaust on the dash/console on base GTs...

However, not long after making this initial post, for shits/giggles I priced out both cars, same options but 2SS and GT premium, respectively, and came up with this...

2SS - $42311
GT Premium - $42490

Both cars invoice + D/D. Interesting...but too bad for Ford I'm not interested in buying another 'premium' trim ponycar...

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)

Last edited by antimatr; 08-29-2017 at 05:59 AM.
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:08 AM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
Unless Ford's willing to throw $3100 worth of incentives/cashback my way, they've already lost before they even hit the dealership in my case...

'18 1SS 6M + NPP + 56R wheels - $37511 invoice + D/D

'18 GT 6M + PP + active exhaust (and mandatory 301A equipment group) - $40610 invoice + D/D

If that 301A group wasn't necessary, the price difference would've been a bit closer, but still a $1200 difference, but since apparently Ford couldn't be bothered to design a button/switch for the active exhaust on the dash/console on base GTs...

However, not long after making this initial post, for shits/giggles I priced out both cars, same options but 2SS and GT premium, respectively, and came up with this...

2SS - $42311
GT Premium - $42490

Both cars invoice + D/D. Interesting...but too bad for Ford I'm not interested in buying another 'premium' trim ponycar...
Ford has gotten really bad at that. I know all automakers seem to bundle options together, or other options required, but Ford seems to be the worst lately
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #18
show7ime

Drives: 2017 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Totally subjective, of course. For example, I think the current Mustang looks great.

Current Mustang exterior I like. '18? Not liking the front. It looks "smushed" in and less aggressive in my opinion... *shrug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
show7ime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #19
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Maybe View Post
In every comparison, it was an SS Wipeout. Now with the increased power, magnaride, 10 speed, etc. I am interested to see if the Mustang has caught up to the Camaro.
It will catch up, so what? Those interested in Mustang's aren't really swayed by Camaro's performance advantages. The value is now likely to sway them, though. The Camaro will still outperform it(with exception of 1/4 mile possibly). You need the PP to match SS performance(if even). If the PP doesn't match standard SS performance I can't see why one would consider it over the Camaro now that pricing is similar.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:09 PM   #20
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
It will catch up, so what? Those interested in Mustang's aren't really swayed by Camaro's performance advantages. The value is now likely to sway them, though. The Camaro will still outperform it(with exception of 1/4 mile possibly). You need the PP to match SS performance(if even). If the PP doesn't match standard SS performance I can't see why one would consider it over the Camaro now that pricing is similar.
Don't forget PP2 with an even higher asking price is also on its way next spring. Items the likes of better tyres, forged wheels, eLSD, etc. Don't come too cheap. I bet it'll add a similar $6500 as Camaro's 1LE option.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Plenty of reasons still, and most of them land on the subjective scale, looks, interior looks, colors, visibility (had to lol), current incentives etc etc.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #22
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Don't forget PP2 with an even higher asking price is also on its way next spring. Items the likes of better tyres, forged wheels, eLSD, etc. Don't come too cheap. I bet it'll add a similar $6500 as Camaro's 1LE option.
Source? The current PP2 seems to be a tune and increased power figures. I don't see why Ford will add a track pack to compete with the GT350.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #23
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Plenty of reasons still, and most of them land on the subjective scale, looks, interior looks, colors, visibility (had to lol), current incentives etc etc.
I'm referring to the V8 model, unless you're a Mustang loyalist, you will now cross shop since they're at similar price points.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #24
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Source? The current PP2 seems to be a tune and increased power figures. I don't see why Ford will add a track pack to compete with the GT350.
I'm refering to a Performance Pack lvl2 that you can select when ordering, not the Power Packs 1, 2, or 3 currently offered by Ford Performance.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/2017/...mance-package/

The items I listed were simply items that could appear in PP2. They seemed the most logical. Better/grippier, wider, tyres are a given and with those come better wheels. Ford it using eLSD in the new Expedition and Navigator, so its use in a performance application to spread out costs seems likely.

This makes more sence than it seems to on the surface. GT350 cannot be sold in Europe due to not meeting pedestrian safety standards. So a much more track capable car being able to be sold globally is a nice touch. As for here GT350 will sell just for the sake of being a GT350, that may not make any sense to one who looks at this from a logical paradigm, but emotion also plays a part in this kind of purchase.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:14 PM   #25
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If the new Mustang could run low 12's, I think we'd already know about it. Hell, Ford bragged about 0-60 in under 4. My guess is 12.5-12.6
Old 08-31-2017, 07:10 AM   #26
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
If the new Mustang could run low 12's, I think we'd already know about it. Hell, Ford bragged about 0-60 in under 4. My guess is 12.5-12.6
I'm pretty certain that this new A10 with the correct options selected will be very capable of low 12s with an anticipated 0-60 time under 4-seconds. It may actually do better in the right conditions.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #27
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I'm refering to a Performance Pack lvl2 that you can select when ordering, not the Power Packs 1, 2, or 3 currently offered by Ford Performance.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/2017/...mance-package/

The items I listed were simply items that could appear in PP2. They seemed the most logical. Better/grippier, wider, tyres are a given and with those come better wheels. Ford it using eLSD in the new Expedition and Navigator, so its use in a performance application to spread out costs seems likely.

This makes more sence than it seems to on the surface. GT350 cannot be sold in Europe due to not meeting pedestrian safety standards. So a much more track capable car being able to be sold globally is a nice touch. As for here GT350 will sell just for the sake of being a GT350, that may not make any sense to one who looks at this from a logical paradigm, but emotion also plays a part in this kind of purchase.
Or it could be the PP2 will arrive at the same the GT500 does, then the GT350 will no longer be offered. Didn't Ford originally say the GT350 would be a limited to a few years?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #28
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Or it could be the PP2 will arrive at the same the GT500 does, then the GT350 will no longer be offered. Didn't Ford originally say the GT350 would be a limited to a few years?
This makes sense to me. A GT to compete with the 1LE and the 500 to debut around the same time. It doesn't seem likely that Ford will produce the 350 a and 500 at the same time.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote