Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 06-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #29
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
I had the dealer do the first one, they let me get under the car when it was jacked up. I checked the oil level before they left and they used Mobil 1 5w30. I will change my own down the road like I have my whole life.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #30
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Put in a valve. Google stahlbus valve. So much easier, never overshoot your drain pan, in fact, eliminate it! I've Use this on my last two Chevy V-8's (Camaro and Corvette), works great....use a Ziploc on the filter, and you won't spill a single drop.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #31
edillen1

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Put in a valve. Google stahlbus valve. So much easier, never overshoot your drain pan, in fact, eliminate it! I've Use this on my last two Chevy V-8's (Camaro and Corvette), works great....use a Ziploc on the filter, and you won't spill a single drop.
Yeah, I have had Fumoto valves in previous cars. Very handy. It would prob take a couple days for it to drain 10 quarts though!
edillen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #32
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by edillen1 View Post
Yeah, I have had Fumoto valves in previous cars. Very handy. It would prob take a couple days for it to drain 10 quarts though!
That's why I moved from the fumoto to a stahlbus, faster drain, wider, more precision:

https://www.stahlbus-us.com/oil-drai...20plug%20valve
Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #33
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
I used a Fumoto Valve on my WRX. I liked it a lot, except for the fact that, having longer threads than the stock drain plug, it extended further into the pan, causing some (more) oil to remain in the pan as it was below the threads sticking up from the valve. I should say, the valve extends further than the threaded part of the oil pan. I would assume the same for the stahlbus drain valve as well. I like the simplicity of the Fumoto valve.

Last edited by LtColumbo; 09-28-2017 at 08:27 PM.
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #34
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColumbo View Post
I used a Fumoto Valve on my WRX. I liked it a lot, except for the fact that, having longer threads than the stock drain plug, it extended further into the pan, causing some (more) oil to remain in the pan as it was below the threads sticking up from the valve. I would assume the same for the stahlbus drain valve as well. I like the simplicity of the Fumoto valve.
Don’t assume, no threads stick up… I researched it with Stahlbus when I bought it.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:06 AM   #35
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Getting ready to do my first oil change. 1000 miles. Ain't no way I'm letting anyone else do it. It's not just the dealerships. It's getting harder to find people that like to do a good job and respect other peoples property. No one is touching this baby but me, unless I can't do it. Then they have to let me watch or I will take my money elsewhere.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #36
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
Getting ready to do my first oil change. 1000 miles. Ain't no way I'm letting anyone else do it. It's not just the dealerships. It's getting harder to find people that like to do a good job and respect other peoples property. No one is touching this baby but me, unless I can't do it. Then they have to let me watch or I will take my money elsewhere.

"Nobody cares the way I do..."
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #37
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Do it yourself.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:36 AM   #38
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
For anyone coming along reading this later, I thought I'd mention that even though Fumoto says on their website that the Camaro SS may require an extension, I found that not to be the case. There is plenty of clearance for the regular F-107N. Just did my first oil change over the weekend and installed the valve, I'm glad I only have to unscrew the OE plug one time . Hard not to get a little messy when taking out that plug with 10 quarts of oil behind it...

I considered the Stahlbus but honestly, the ball valve design of the Fumoto gives me warmer fuzzier feelings and in all the cars I've used these on, I've never had so much as a single drop of leak ever. I feel especially safe on the Camaro because the valve points sideways and anything that might come along and try to take it off would have to take off most of the bottom of the car first.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #39
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
I was just wondering if they make a magnetic version of the valves for metal in the oil?
Would much rather deal with a small oil mess once in a while than metal in my engine oil lol.
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:40 AM   #40
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
it's an either vs. or thing, not both.

Magnetic Stahlbus or Fumoto valve? Not sure how that would work. If you attracted metal to the valve, it would likely foul it and prevent the valve from closing & sealing, causing leaks.

At which point you would have to remove the valve and clean it... which defeats the purpose.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:04 AM   #41
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Magnetic Stahlbus or Fumoto valve? Not sure how that would work. If you attracted metal to the valve, it would likely foul it and prevent the valve from closing & sealing, causing leaks.

At which point you would have to remove the valve and clean it... which defeats the purpose.
now that you say it I cant believe i didn't think of it. Which one do you think is better in the long run?
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:30 PM   #42
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Don't blame you one bit. If I had to do it over I'd simply request the oil and filter to take home.
They won't do that, already tried
Rustydaytons is offline   Reply With Quote