Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #15
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Well
Got the Zl1 and tried it above 200...
When you switch us to metric everything changes:
Mph to kph
Fahrenheit to celcius
Psi to bar
The right gauge will indicate kph instead of mph!
The needle will displace to the right value
(Will switch from 70mph to 110kph...)
What will happen above 200kph?
The answer is:
Your needle will stay at 200kph on the right gauge when your digital speed will show 257kph on your screen and in your hud....

Right. Thats what I noticed. So trying to just replace the gauge overlay on it wont work. I guess ill just have to stick with looking at a 0- 270 gauge. Its just the aesthetics of it that would bother me. Besides that everything will read correctly when switched to US in the DIC settings.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #16
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
There is a company that can change the gauge then reprogram the cluster to read properly but thats $250. Not sure if i feel its worth it.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #17
Luccasmed

Drives: Camaro SS 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramac2016 View Post
There is a company that can change the gauge then reprogram the cluster to read properly but thats $250. Not sure if i feel its worth it.
What company is that? Is it good?

Do I have to buy a new cluster from another country with the desired unit so they can reprogram it with the vin# mileage and that stuff?

OR, is it possible to use some overlay and they reprogram the analog speedometer (needle one)?

Im asking this last question, because i initially thought about using an overlay and recalibrate the speedometer needle to read properly via OBD, could work... BUT: if u mess with the needle, the digital speedo and head-up display will get a wrong reading because they will change too. I hate how the needle changes its behave when you switch from kph/mph, would be much easier if the needle wasnt changed. Is there a way in this reprograming stuff to change the needle reading and dont mess with the digital speedometer and head-up? If its possible, there is no need to buy another cluster... just use some overlay and reprogram only the needle.

Sorry if I'm confused.. newbie alert.
Luccasmed is offline   Reply With Quote