Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #1
SUMMITWHITE1SS

Drives: 2017 A8 1SS
Unhappy So what know?

Well after all this reading about the dreaded "Torque Converter shudder" it finally started happening on my car. What are my options seeing as i have longtubes and tuned on e85? Where do i start as im pretty sure warranty issues are gonna come into play at the dealership even though this is such a common issue.
SUMMITWHITE1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
Ponyeatr16ss
retired badass

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Ponyeatr16ss Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyeatr16ss
Based on what I no, you have just void the warranty with the mods. Know it looks like you gotta foot the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMITWHITE1SS View Post
Well after all this reading about the dreaded "Torque Converter shudder" it finally started happening on my car. What are my options seeing as i have longtubes and tuned on e85? Where do i start as im pretty sure warranty issues are gonna come into play at the dealership even though this is such a common issue.
Ponyeatr16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
since you're already tuned on E85....and worried about warranty since the tune.... in true reality, I would look into this:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510599

theres apparently a way to tune out the shudder because all it is, is slippage. read through the whole posts. there are others who have said they tried it and it works. and if all it takes is a simple tune to correct the inherent issue from GM... and you are already tuned (for e85)... seems like a small tweak could save you easily.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:34 AM   #4
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
since you're already tuned on E85....and worried about warranty since the tune.... in true reality, I would look into this:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510599

theres apparently a way to tune out the shudder because all it is, is slippage. read through the whole posts. there are others who have said they tried it and it works. and if all it takes is a simple tune to correct the inherent issue from GM... and you are already tuned (for e85)... seems like a small tweak could save you easily.
No that won't work. I had my transmission triple flushed and now have it tuned like that but the shudder has returned
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 AM   #5
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
I had my car tuned and the dealer sill did the triple flush. No issues there. But my shudder has returned so I'm going aftermarket instead of going to the dealer for a stock replacement that could shudder again
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Go with Circle D
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:28 PM   #7
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
No that won't work. I had my transmission triple flushed and now have it tuned like that but the shudder has returned
It apparently has worked. For quite a few, even locally im finding out. Most have upped the line pressure and zero'd out slippage in all gears, not just 7 & 8th.

If it doesnt or hadnt worked for you, then your problem may simply be the converter is too far gone, out of balance, or something other mechanical and time to replace it. Stock or aftermarket.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote