Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
Hasti

Drives: 2017 Hot Red 2ss Auto adrenaline
Bolt pattern conversion spacers?

I have some meaty tires and wheels from my mustang but are the 5x120. Have any of you guys used bolt pattern conversion spacers on any car? if so how have they gone?
Hasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
hmmm, youll need some good math for sure.
I dont recommend adapters but if you must here is what you will need to do.

check the Mustang wheels you have on now for size and width. grab the off sets for both front and back.

remember adapters are a minimum of 1 inch thick ( 24.5mm )
this means that for the wheels to fit properly with out sticking out of your fenders the front wheel needs to be a minimum of 45et so when you add the 1 inch adapter it becomes a 20et which fits on the front if the wheel is a 20x8.5, 9, 9.5 or 10 wide
similar process for rear wheels..
hope this makes sense.....

another option is to find a machine shop that can re-drill the 5x114.3 pcd and insert to a 5x120 then if the off sets are off by a little you can just use spacers.

now when going with spacers or adapters make sure they are both 1 end hub centric to the car and also to the wheel. if not when your rolling your going to vibrate like a old Motorola pager ( damn I said pager ) you can do all the above or just sell you mustang wheels and buy some camaro wheels
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote