Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-11-2015, 02:25 AM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
It's obvious when the 6th gen Camaro will be revealed...

I haven't seen anyone else speculate this yet, but it seems to me that it's a good bet that the 6th generation Camaro will be revealed at none other than... Camaro5 fest VI... It's only fitting. If I end up being right, I'll go buy a crap load of lottery tickets, feel free to donate toward my cause... If I'm wrong. Well, I guess I should stop speculating things and quit buying lottery tickets, but still... Feel free to donate to my cause
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
no way dude
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lol thats in August, I think half of the people waiting for the design would die from a heart attack by then

But if you do end up being right, I owe you a lottery ticket!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:05 AM   #4
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Nope
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:54 AM   #5
Iroc Drew

Drives: 2015 1LE 2SS/RS CRT NPP AYZ NAV SUN
Indianapolis 500 Pace car.

1989 IROC Z L98.
2015 Silverado LT.
2015 2SS 1LE.
Iroc Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Ideally. Reveal right before production starts.

But this is General Motors so no.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #7
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Fen you'd know better than I, but how would it be ideal to show it right before production? My thinking would be to generate some interest/ sales before production starts.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
It's a double edged sword. Reveal it ahead of time and you generate interest and anticipation. You also lose sales on your current model and your competition gets to work on improving their product, plus less-informed customers go to dealerships only to be disappointed that what they want is still months away. If you reveal it right before production you miss out on all the buzz (unless you generate some yourself) but your customers can buy right away.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Once the Commemorative Edition starts hitting the dealership lots. Then we will be one step closer to the unveiling!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #10
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
It's a double edged sword. Reveal it ahead of time and you generate interest and anticipation. You also lose sales on your current model and your competition gets to work on improving their product, plus less-informed customers go to dealerships only to be disappointed that what they want is still months away. If you reveal it right before production you miss out on all the buzz (unless you generate some yourself) but your customers can buy right away.
On the inventory side of things, is it possible they have enough historical and current data to ensure they are left with as little inventory as needed before 6th is available?

I also wonder how many folks even know about the 6th Gen vs. those who are at a dealer and do a spontaneous purchase. I'm sure with a car like this, there are more folks aware of coming release as compared to the average daily driver type cars though.

It would be fun to be a part of this process.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #11
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I've said several times that I believe a far fewer percentage know the 6th gem is coming than we want to believe. The vast majority of sheeple just wander in. No research, no clue. Or they are drawn in by a commercial offering a discount
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #12
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I haven't seen anyone else speculate this yet, but it seems to me that it's a good bet that the 6th generation Camaro will be revealed at none other than... Camaro5 fest VI... It's only fitting. If I end up being right, I'll go buy a crap load of lottery tickets, feel free to donate toward my cause... If I'm wrong. Well, I guess I should stop speculating things and quit buying lottery tickets, but still... Feel free to donate to my cause

Do you think there is any credibility to this article?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/12/...place-in-2015/
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I've said several times that I believe a far fewer percentage know the 6th gem is coming than we want to believe. The vast majority of sheeple just wander in. No research, no clue. Or they are drawn in by a commercial offering a discount
This is probably true, they were a hair over 100k members registered on Camaro5.com, there have been almost 500k 5th gen Camaros sold since 2009... That means that roughly only 20% of all Camaro owners are, or have been active on Camaro5. A lot of members go dormant after a period of time. So for the sake of keeping it easy, only 20% of current 5th gen owners may know the 6th gen is coming... The rest of the general public probably has no clue, and may or may not even care. Current new era Mustang owners may know it's coming, but like I said, they may or may not care either. In essence, the general public doesn't really know until they see magazine ads, or tv commercials that it's actually coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Do you think there is any credibility to this article?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/12/...place-in-2015/
Quote:

I have not a clue to the credibility of the article, but that's the first time I've seen it mentioned myself? It does nothing but further strengthen my conspiracy theory.

Fen, I'm not sure when actual production would typically start, but based off of most other previous new gm vehicles start production, late summer, early fall seems common? If so, that further confirms that IF GM can keep their cards close to their chest, Camaro fest VI would be an idea place to reveal the 6th gen, just prior to ramping up production.

Furthermore, if thread were to... disappear... I would consider that a solid confirmation that I am right... OR just another way to throw people off into thinking that Fest VI actually IS where it will make it's first appearance.

Also, looking at the "clearer" teaser picture, why wouldn't you save the best for last? The out of the bunch pictured, the Camaro will clearly generate the most excitement. No one cars about sparks, malibus, volts or bolts until they show up at the dealer and the unsuspecting Joe Public stumbles in and somehow decides to buy one.

The plot thickens... So if you're reading this now, and it's deleted later... It will really give you something to think about.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #14
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
This is probably true, they were a hair over 100k members registered on Camaro5.com, there have been almost 500k 5th gen Camaros sold since 2009... That means that roughly only 20% of all Camaro owners are, or have been active on Camaro5. A lot of members go dormant after a period of time. So for the sake of keeping it easy, only 20% of current 5th gen owners may know the 6th gen is coming... The rest of the general public probably has no clue, and may or may not even care. Current new era Mustang owners may know it's coming, but like I said, they may or may not care either. In essence, the general public doesn't really know until they see magazine ads, or tv commercials that it's actually coming.

I have not a clue to the credibility of the article, but that's the first time I've seen it mentioned myself? It does nothing but further strengthen my conspiracy theory.

Fen, I'm not sure when actual production would typically start, but based off of most other previous new gm vehicles start production, late summer, early fall seems common? If so, that further confirms that IF GM can keep their cards close to their chest, Camaro fest VI would be an idea place to reveal the 6th gen, just prior to ramping up production.

Furthermore, if thread were to... disappear... I would consider that a solid confirmation that I am right... OR just another way to throw people off into thinking that Fest VI actually IS where it will make it's first appearance.

Also, looking at the "clearer" teaser picture, why wouldn't you save the best for last? The out of the bunch pictured, the Camaro will clearly generate the most excitement. No one cars about sparks, malibus, volts or bolts until they show up at the dealer and the unsuspecting Joe Public stumbles in and somehow decides to buy one.

The plot thickens... So if you're reading this now, and it's deleted later... It will really give you something to think about.

.............and the plot thickens................

WHERE is "Shunt" when you need him most?

(do a search about his involvement with the 5th gen.........)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=shunt