Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #15
InitiaL-T

Drives: 2016 Camaro I4 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
From the feedback I've read on here, and owning one for at least 6 months, it's a worthy investment for the I4 and V6 crowd. Most V8 owners don't see the benefit from it. That's at least what I've found to be true.
That's exactly what I'm thinking, I have never driven a V8 before but the throttle response has got to be way more, er, responsive comparing to an I4. I really want to improve the throttle response and reduce turbo lag on my I4 so I'm just gonna give it a try and see how it is, until I get a proper tune that is.
InitiaL-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 AM   #16
Dennis Northwest

Drives: 16 1SS A8 NPP
I have had one for nine months and loved it until a couple hours ago. I hopped on the throttle and got a check engine light and the car went into limp mode. The code for the CEL is P2138 which makes the throttle controller the likely cause. I'm going to remove mine and hope it clears the CEL.
Dennis Northwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #17
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Northwest View Post
I have had one for nine months and loved it until a couple hours ago. I hopped on the throttle and got a check engine light and the car went into limp mode. The code for the CEL is P2138 which makes the throttle controller the likely cause. I'm going to remove mine and hope it clears the CEL.
Every great once in while they may do this. It's just a glitch. Mine has done it maybe three times in three years on my Gen 5. I found that a simple recalibration will do it. I do have a code reader and clear the code at the same time.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #18
Dennis Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Northwest View Post
I removed my throttle controller this morning and used a code reader blue toothed to my phone to clear the code and my CEL light is gone. I really liked the Vitesse throttle controller but I have no patients for anything that causes a car with 5,000 miles to throw a CEL and go into limp mode. I know I could have recalibrated the controller and kept it in but I don't want to deal with this same problem again in a few months.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #19
v111pilot

Drives: '16 2SS
FYI- I had the same problem WITH NO THROTTLE CONTROLLER installed, kept happening, dealer replaced the accelerator pedal, still went into limp mode after full throttle (Yes annoying as hell). Had it back to the dealer last week and they found high resistance in the circuit and greased the connector, now I haven't had any issue. (I also only have 5000 miles on the car) took four trips to the dealer to get it fixed. Don't blame the TC too quickly.
v111pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #20
Dennis Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by v111pilot View Post
FYI- I had the same problem WITH NO THROTTLE CONTROLLER installed, kept happening, dealer replaced the accelerator pedal, still went into limp mode after full throttle (Yes annoying as hell). Had it back to the dealer last week and they found high resistance in the circuit and greased the connector, now I haven't had any issue. (I also only have 5000 miles on the car) took four trips to the dealer to get it fixed. Don't blame the TC too quickly.
Thanks for posting. That info might help me if I get the same problem again.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #21
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Just an update, had to remove the VTC after it put my car into limp mode. Was fine for almost a full year. I'm 100% positive it was the controller. Pulled over, shut off the car, removed the controller and restarted the car. CEL remained on but car drove fine. Light eventually went away after a couple hours. What a bummer. It's been sitting in my truck for a couple months now. Anyone want to buy on the cheap? LOL
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #22
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Imho I'd have to say NO! But that's just me...��
Old 05-21-2018, 12:16 AM   #23
CamaroGen6

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Just an update, had to remove the VTC after it put my car into limp mode. Was fine for almost a full year. I'm 100% positive it was the controller. Pulled over, shut off the car, removed the controller and restarted the car. CEL remained on but car drove fine. Light eventually went away after a couple hours. What a bummer. It's been sitting in my truck for a couple months now. Anyone want to buy on the cheap? LOL
Do you still have it and if so for how much including shipping to TX?

Tags
4 cylinder 2016 camaro, throttlecontroller