Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #57
Tridon

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrakcer View Post
This! I get the same thing but in the Vancouver area. I know there are a few guys on the forum in the area, but we just haven't crossed paths on the roads yet.

I get BMW 3 series trying to pick a fight, and you can imagine how that ends for them and it seems to be only at a light. I usually come across Mopar and Stangs on my side of the road. The odd time I see a Camaro on my side, I try to catch them, or slow down a little to let them catch up, but traffic just gets in the way. A couple of weeks ago, I was heading home from work and of course there's a grid lock and I was creeping up on a 5gen that was in the right lane. Once I got beside it, there was a cute girl driving, and it was a SS, we just smiled at each other and she turned off the next exit. That's the second time in 2 years I came up beside a Camaro and had a cutie driving, it is a nice thing to see.
Metro Vancouver drivers can be the worst. Some will do anything just to get one vehicle ahead of you, like they have to be in front no matter what.
I've had my Gen 6 V6 less than a week, but on the first day driving we got a thumbs up from a Gen 6 SS driver. Very cool feeling indeed
Tridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #58
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffyduck View Post
Also every person driving a truck with dual exhaust think their fast, not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor View Post
LOL at this! The other night, bubba with his diesel pickup with one of those fat pipes in the back, smoking like an old coal fired steel mill, wanted to play at the traffic light.

I heard his turbo spin up when we were leaving the light; then saw his smoke trail in my rear view a second or two later.
This was always one of my pet peeves. I wish people would just accept their vehicle for its intended uses. For example:

-Pickups: hauling/off-roading
-SUV's: passenger transport and possible off-roading (mostly in the case of Jeeps)

I'm not going to hit the nearest off-road mud trails in my Camaro and start challenging Jeep Wranglers so why do they act like they are race vehicles? Likewise, I'm not going to go to my local Home Depot and pick up a load of lumber or a refrigerator and throw it in my Camaro trunk.

I could probably go on about some other cars but you get my drift...
Old 05-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #59
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Don't know why people drive 4 and 6 banger turbo cars because when you add the turbo their gas mileage is not much better than our V8.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #60
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridon View Post
Metro Vancouver drivers can be the worst. Some will do anything just to get one vehicle ahead of you, like they have to be in front no matter what.
I've had my Gen 6 V6 less than a week, but on the first day driving we got a thumbs up from a Gen 6 SS driver. Very cool feeling indeed
Make sure to wave or something when you see the white SS with black stripes on the side and blue plates, cause that's me!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:35 PM   #61
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Don't know why people drive 4 and 6 banger turbo cars because when you add the turbo their gas mileage is not much better than our V8.

Price. Or in my case premature ejaculation, aka having an orgasm before properly deciding which orgasm to enjoy every time I'm horny (FYI: this analogy is in no way referring to sex or self gratification).
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #62
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
This was always one of my pet peeves. I wish people would just accept their vehicle for its intended uses. For example:

-Pickups: hauling/off-roading
-SUV's: passenger transport and possible off-roading (mostly in the case of Jeeps)

I'm not going to hit the nearest off-road mud trails in my Camaro and start challenging Jeep Wranglers so why do they act like they are race vehicles? Likewise, I'm not going to go to my local Home Depot and pick up a load of lumber or a refrigerator and throw it in my Camaro trunk.

I could probably go on about some other cars but you get my drift...
+1.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #63
Swayse

Drives: GTPP
When I owned a C5Z, I was shocked at the respect that car received. Traffic would part to let me through, waves, smiles, and shouts across parking lots, "Hey, nice car!". Only cars that harassed me, where LS1 trans ams and Camaros.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #64
v111pilot

Drives: '16 2SS
+1 with extra giggles everytime you stuff it into a corner in track mode and it automatically does a rev match downshift!
v111pilot is offline   Reply With Quote