Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #29
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Lol

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:37 PM   #30
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Comments like "I don't plan on tracking a the car so the suspension doesn't matter" is really an odd statement because getting a car that has 455HP can easily follow that same logic. Maybe you should have gotten a V6 or 4 cylinder. Just saying.

It's all about ones personal preference period.
I was trying to help the OP out as to why I chose the 2SS over the 1LE, if you don't like it.. tough. I will agree with you though that it is about personal preference.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #31
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I was trying to help the OP out as to why I chose the 2SS over the 1LE, if you don't like it.. tough. I will agree with you though that it is about personal preference.
and vice versa!
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #32
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
I appreciate all the opinions and its giving me a lot to think about.

Off the forums i've talked to a lot of people regarding the 6 speed transmission. Is the Skip shift feature really that irritating? and is the skip shift eliminator a pain to install / does it void warranty?

and to answer questions, No i don't plan on tracking the car, I work downtown, so will only be driving the car over the weekend and such.

Is Nav, cooled seats and Lighting the only difference with the 2ss?

But if the 6speed issues are that bad, I might just go 2ss and get an automatic.

Previous cars:
2014 V6 Spring Edition
2018 WRX
2022 K5
2022 Stinger
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:33 AM   #33
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
2SS:
Leather
Memory Package recalls 2 driver "presets" for 8-way power driver seat and outside mirrors
Audio system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system
Seats, heated driver and front passenger
Seats, ventilated driver and front passenger
Sill plates, illuminated
Wireless Charging for devices
Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, frameless
Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
Lighting, interior spectrum 24 different color selections
Interior trim, aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap
Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change alert

I don't believe the 1LE gets any of that. It does get the HUD from the 2SS.

I drive an M6. Purchased the skip shift eliminator and I never installed it because it's not that annoying. Half the time it lets you shift anyway. I love the M6 and the rev match feature is sweet.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #34
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
2SS:
Leather
Memory Package recalls 2 driver "presets" for 8-way power driver seat and outside mirrors
Audio system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system
Seats, heated driver and front passenger
Seats, ventilated driver and front passenger
Sill plates, illuminated
Wireless Charging for devices
Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, frameless
Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
Lighting, interior spectrum 24 different color selections
Interior trim, aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap
Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change alert

I don't believe the 1LE gets any of that. It does get the HUD from the 2SS.

I drive an M6. Purchased the skip shift eliminator and I never installed it because it's not that annoying. Half the time it lets you shift anyway. I love the M6 and the rev match feature is sweet.
Correct, the 1LE only gets the 2SS HUD and leather seats front and rear because of the Recaro seats. The items in bold are the only ones I would really like to have on my 1LE to be honest that it doesn't have now.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #35
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If you plan to track or race the car, go 1LE, if you plan to daily drive it or just need leather and the many other great extras 2SS seems like the better option. If you have no plans to track the car, or race, and you don't need leather or any other goodies you can save a lot of money with just a 1SS. Just depends on what/how you will use the car for.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #36
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
If I had to do it over after a year and a half of ownership, I'd still get a 2SS. I've never even come close to the driving limits of this car on the street, and the only track racing I do is 1/4 mile. I'd rather have the comfort and convenience than the race ready 1LE without the 2SS option.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #37
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
You want the 2ss if you want bose, heated seats/steering wheel, etc.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #38
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philar299 View Post
and to answer questions, No i don't plan on tracking the car, I work downtown, so will only be driving the car over the weekend and such.
OP, you'll be best served by a 2SS.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #39
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:

Off the forums i've talked to a lot of people regarding the 6 speed transmission. Is the Skip shift feature really that irritating? and is the skip shift eliminator a pain to install / does it void warranty?

But if the 6speed issues are that bad, I might just go 2ss and get an automatic.
I just ignore the skip shift and put it in second gear. But then, the way I accelerate, it rarely tries to force me.
And, there's an easy mod if you don't like it.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #40
TWick72

Drives: '17 2SS M6
Quote:

I think either would work for you. The 2SS is a way better daily driver imo, the comforts really are nice, but If you are planning on only driving on weekends as a fun car then you might like the 1LE more. You wont need the comforts as much, and will just be using it as a spirited driving car. For your use, really the biggest difference will be the seats and looks.
For me, as my daily driver, I would absolutely choose the 2SS over the 1LE every time.

As for the skip shift, it gets activated when you are in 1st going between like 16 and 20 mph. It is about where i like to shift so I installed the eliminator. Its like a $20 part and i installed it myself by just rolling the car onto ramps and squeezing under. Its a tight fit, and kind of awkward, but can be done by yourself.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #41
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
You should definitely go 2SS
Old 04-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #42
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
No skip shift = take 1st gear over 20mph. Simple.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote