Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #29
Est98SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
The problem is that the witness probably wasn't lying. The issue is that eye witness testimony is notoriously bad and unreliable. Our memories are just not made to recall stuff like that, especially considering that the witness was probably looking at their phone until they heard a noise, looked up and THEN noticed that the light was green for the other car AFTER the accident took place. If all you have to rely on is eye witness testimony to clear you of anything you are pretty much screwed. Best to get a dash cam.
Yup according to my adjustor who actually read the police report, you're right. There were two witnesses against me, one heard the accident then looked and saw it was green for the other driver and even worse, the driver of the bus gave a statement saying he was waiting at a red and watched me run a red which makes absolutely no sense.
Est98SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #30
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est98SS View Post
Got a response from my adjustor that's less than exciting.

"The 10 second clip does not show the light. There is a glare from the sun so you cannot see the color of the light. I am unable to download the other file. If you want me to view the entire file you will need to send the CD. The 10 second clip is inconclusive and does not indicate show had the red light. Please forward the cd to me for review. Make sure you keep a copy for you court date regarding your ticket. You can mail the cd to the po box below"

Not sure if she didn't view it in HD or what but I'll be mailing the CD soon. In the meantime I sent her zoomed in screenshots of the traffic light.

It's plain as day that the light is red if you watch it in HD. Even if she can't see the color usually the top light is red, the middle light is yellow and the bottom light is green.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #31
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Ask her this if he did not have a red light, why was the bus not moving?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #32
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Tragic hit, but awesome you were vindicated and rewarded with a new Camaro. Thank God for all those cameras out there, eh? Someone is always watching.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #33
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Got a response from my adjustor that's less than exciting.

"The 10 second clip does not show the light. There is a glare from the sun so you cannot see the color of the light. I am unable to download the other file. If you want me to view the entire file you will need to send the CD. The 10 second clip is inconclusive and does not indicate show had the red light. Please forward the cd to me for review. Make sure you keep a copy for you court date regarding your ticket. You can mail the cd to the po box below"

Not sure if she didn't view it in HD or what but I'll be mailing the CD soon. In the meantime I sent her zoomed in screenshots of the traffic light.
Sounds like you're working with an idiot. I'd ask politely to work with somebody else. Preferably somebody with functioning eyes.

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #34
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Recently, as some of you may know, I was in a pretty bad accident where my 2016 Camaro 2SS got totaled. If you read my thread where I was trying to figure out how much I may get for my car you might have read that I was found at fault for the accident by the police. When I first made the claim to my insurance, they told me not to worry and just because the police found me at fault they would still dispute the claim and take my side of the story. Well about two weeks later I received a phone call from my insurance adjustor explaining that due to the witnesses and the police report they would accept liability for the accident and not dispute it. Not only was I pissed that they weren't going to dispute it after I told them I was sure I was not at fault but I was also stressed because they told me that depending on the other party's medical bills our policy might not cover it which would family's house was at jeopardy. Up until now I thought I was just screwed and would either have to sell my house or be in a lot of debt.

HERE COMES THE GOOD NEWS, I had asked a few people to help me out and get that footage from the bus and now, a month later, a CD with all the footage finally came in the mail. The footage is 18 minutes long and clearly shows the other driver running the red light but due to the way the program that the video is on works I can only save 10 second clips at a time so heres the footage that saved me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3l...dtMEN1NzA/view

To add to the good news, I was able to buy another Camaro with more options, and its a manual instead of an A8, for almost 2K less than what I was paid out for the totaled Camaro even after all fees and taxes and that car is being delivered tomorrow.
What insurance limits do you have that they didn't cover her injuries?
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #35
Est98SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
What insurance limits do you have that they didn't cover her injuries?
The car was full, 2 or 3 adults and 2 kids so that's quite a bit of medical bills
Old 04-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #36
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
The car was full, 2 or 3 adults and 2 kids so that's quite a bit of medical bills
Completely obvious from this pic that they had a red light
Attached Images

irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #37
Est98SS

Well after sending her multiple screenshots:

"I can now see it. Yes, that is pretty good evidence there! I am changing the liability determination and will contact the claimant’s attorney office and advise that AAA will not be accepting liability for this loss. Will also provide them with the clip of the accident. I will also contact the adverse insurance carriers and release the video evidence to both of them as well.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #38
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:

"I can now see it. Yes, that is pretty good evidence there! I am changing the liability determination and will contact the claimant’s attorney office and advise that AAA will not be accepting liability for this loss. Will also provide them with the clip of the accident. I will also contact the adverse insurance carriers and release the video evidence to both of them as well.
Yea it's pretty damn hard to dispute the fact your car has already been T-Boned and spun around and their light is still red!!! haha surely that's the nail in the coffin! Hope all works out well for you!
Old 04-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #39
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
I am glad she finally figured it out, but based on the way she handled it you would think she was the other drivers agent, jeez.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #40
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:

Again, this is f**king scary that you still need to defend yourself to the point where your adjuster can't even be bothered to look carefully at a video that would completely reverse the liability in this situation. I hope not you nor anybody else ever get that adjuster again. They should be fired. It's their *MAIN JOB* to have a hawk's eye for small details. They probably watched the clip once, looked for an overhead traffic light and saw none, and didn't bother to realize there's a poll-mounted light clearly visible on the corner. Freaking sad, man...

And just like that, now its done a full 180 and what could have been a life-destroying event has been rectified. Your life was literally on a sea-saw and you've dropped the 10 ton weight of factual evidence that sent the party on the other end flying into the stratosphere. No contest.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #41
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
WTF...who was the witness, that light was red for at least 10 seconds.

Glad it all worked out in the end - congrats, nice win!
Old 04-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #42
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I would pursue counter sue or something because of the lies and you have to go through all of this.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote