Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Which is the worst state to drive in? 😂😂
FLORIDA 11 42.31%
FLORIDAAAAA 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #15
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
How about from a guy that travels the world and has driven in all 50 states many times...

FL, MA, and CA take the cake.
Also travel. Has to be FL. Too many old people who can't see, hear, turn their necks, or drive over 50 on a highway. Parking lots are the worst. And somehow they manage to hang onto their big Caddies forever. Wish the stereotype wasn't so accurate, but...
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:13 PM   #16
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Texas without a doubt! No turn signals, driving under or right at the speed limit in the fast lane or two left lanes, Absolute most discourteous drivers that block holes to keep you from making turns. Females (usually) that stop at lights that are about to turn yellow lol.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #17
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet757 View Post
I can only speak of states I've lived in and driven in(about 20 total), that being said...VA takes the cake, to the point I now have a dash cam for this reason. Between the ridiculous speed limits(55 on a 4 lane freeway) and the idiot drivers going 35 on the left lane holding everyone back during rush hour, most people merging at 10mph on a freeway for no reason and the reaction time when a light goes from red to green of an average of 5 seconds... VA is the only state I have adjusted my work hours just to avoid traffic.
You just named almost evrything that gets me riled up on the road lol along with people turning into your lane and feathering the gas peddle forcing you to either slam on your brakes or switch lanes
Old 02-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #18
TWick72

Drives: '17 2SS M6
Maryland. Hands down the worst (and craziest) I have experienced. PA might be the most inconsiderate with going slow in the left lane though.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #19
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
You just named almost evrything that gets me riled up on the road lol along with people turning into your lane and feathering the gas peddle forcing you to either slam on your brakes or switch lanes
Im glad Im not alone after seeing this thread lol
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #20
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
I like NJ drivers in that they usually drive AT or slightly above the posted speed limit. I think they go a bit far on the Parkway and Turnpike. But we all get to GO when that light turns.

Here in Montana FEW seem to be the slightest bit in any hurry...taking their vehicle for a walk. A light turns in town and if you are 6 or 8 cars back....By the time they all get going....You may not make the green. Drives me nuts!

Same thing with two cars one in rt lane, the other in the left, holding up a mess of vehicles while they go -10 or more under the limit....side by side.

I'd rather be around aggressive drivers than clueless ones.

Back when I was on the job I investigated a two vehicle accident in the middle of nowhere, MT. FLAT with not a tree, hill or any view obstruction in sight. One pickup going south the other east. NEITHER one LOOKED as they approached the intersection....too busy looking at weeds, wheat or cows.

There is your fairly typical rural driver.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #21
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Quote:
I know a state popped into your head as soon as you read the tittle I live in NJ, for those of you who couldn't tell and I swear I'm best driver on these streets Based of my personal expertise of road operations, I nominate PA drivers and NY a close second, they all like to drive in the fast lane going only maybe 5 over the speed limit I know different places have different traffic patterns and people get used to driving where they're from but nobody cares when they're cursing out the car in front of them Sooooo which state do you think has the worst drivers???????
There are two specimens in NJ:
The Slow coaches on the GSP who want to hog the fast lanes at 40 mph and then the ones who want to cut through all lanes without any care for the remaining drivers.

Of course not to forget the AMAZING roads we have in NJ and NY
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #22
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Looks like NJ and NY are about tied for this.......
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #23
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS! PERIOD.
Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #24
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m666etal View Post
There are two specimens in NJ:
The Slow coaches on the GSP who want to hog the fast lanes at 40 mph and then the ones who want to cut through all lanes without any care for the remaining drivers.

Of course not to forget the AMAZING roads we have in NJ and NY
I only pass on the right in the middle lane, when someone wont move over and i hardly ever use the right lane for any reason idk if you've ever driven on rt 70 through cherry hill, that's my all time fav
Lol
Old 02-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #25
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWick72 View Post
Maryland. Hands down the worst (and craziest) I have experienced. PA might be the most inconsiderate with going slow in the left lane though.
If I see you coming up on me in your car in the left lane....it's on like Donkey Kong

Quote:
I only pass on the right in the middle lane, when someone wont move over and i hardly ever use the right lane for any reason idk if you've ever driven on rt 70 through cherry hill, that's my all time fav
Lol
Their is no driving fast in Cherry Hill...period. I avoid it at all costs.

Mini van dad's driving 5 mph over in the left lane is the worst, you lost your man-card dude, move it on over.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #26
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Having traveled a large portion of the country in a truck.....I can honestly say the worst place to drive in my experience has been Chicagoland. Once you get more then 50 miles from Chicago, everything is nicer. Even having driven on Long Island days after Hurricane Sandy hit, I'd rather be there then Chicago. We get traffic at midnight in weekends.....just because. That's if there aren't any drive-by's on the Highways. It's kinda nuts as of late, but it's always been bad.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #27
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis7 View Post
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS! PERIOD.
This. TX wins hands down, people. Only in TX will you find a freeway shut down because a person manages to create a 1 person accident by rolling their car in 100% clear weather on a straight 6 lane highway.

I remember a few years back, we had an ice storm. 2200 accidents by 9 am. Nuff said.
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #28
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
From the states i've driven in i would list in no particular order

NY, NJ and colorado... specifically Denver.
It's the people that moved here from California and other states.
We need to close the border to Colorado. No more people from other states!
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote