Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #43
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
At the beginning of the thread the A8 problems easily could have been due to no to low miles on the car. The A8 will adapt pretty quickly to how you drive but until that happens it can and does feel sluggish. Also the jerky 2>1 shift mostly happens with the car is new or after it has not been driven for a while and is cold. I don't know much how my car shifts in D as it never is in D. Always in M. One reason is that the A8 in M on the Z06 keeps the AFM from putting the car in V4 mode and the less V4 to V8 and back to V4 mode the better for wear on the Torque Converter.

Now that you have some miles on the car it should be shifting normally. Find a buddy on the forum or that has a Corvette A8 non Z06 (same motor same tranny) that lives near you and drive his while he drives yours and see what each of you say.

The other thing I would do is check and see if my problem with the lazy acceleration is in V4 mode. In the Z06 we have a setting on the dash that will show the AFM mode we are in. If you do, go to it and do your acceleration. If in V4 mode you have your answer. If that is the case get a Range Technology AFM disabler and keep yourself out of V4 that way. I presume Range makes one for the new Camaros also.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #44
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Have you watched the dash indicator to see if you are in V4 Mode? I'm pretty sure it wont activate in 1st but I think it will in second. At lower speeds the V4 to V8 transition is a lot more noticeable and it will lug until it transitions.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #45
Meteorma

Drives: Camaro ss
Yeah , only way I can describe it is the car feels like it's towing something under normal acceleration , I watch every other car just jet out at a stop light and I literally have to give it half gas to keep up , the power is there if I mash the gas but to me my 2015 impala seems faster off the go , when I come to a stop I feel the gears down shift and just before a stop I get a push like the torque converter is staying wrapped up, my impala did the same thing until I got around 10k miles as well as the 2014 Silverado I had until it got around 10k, I'm really loathing Chevys new transmissions, can we just go back to 4 speeds, the new transmissions get no better than the 4 speeds did back in 2004 . The dealer saus all is normal but the cars they got feel fast mine is a slug a clunky slug , only way I mitigate the deal is to drive it in manual mode . Oh well guess that's what I get for buying a demo car good think I got that extended warranty .
Meteorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #46
Meteorma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Have you watched the dash indicator to see if you are in V4 Mode? I'm pretty sure it wont activate in 1st but I think it will in second. At lower speeds the V4 to V8 transition is a lot more noticeable and it will lug until it transitions.
Def not in v4 mode I've checked
Old 04-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #47
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I had the trans reprogram bulletin applied to my car because of this and it felt good for like a day and now is feeling like this again. Not sure what to think.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #48
Meteorma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I had the trans reprogram bulletin applied to my car because of this and it felt good for like a day and now is feeling like this again. Not sure what to think.
It pisses me off , car feels so slow and clunky......wasnt like this when I test drove it, same shit happened with my Silverado with the A6 so I traded it for this clunky shit, should have stayed in the truck , this is worse than the truck....chevy just has crappy transmissions, I've owned 4 new Chevys since 2014 and they all did this , my 2013 Elantra shifts smooth as butter .
Old 04-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #49
BlueThunder2SS

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue 2SS
I've noticed that when cold, the fuel computer wants to rev it at 1100-1200rpm, but the guy who coded the autotrans shift for the A8 somehow did not know this and the shift to 2nd and 3rd in parking lots is a head snapper as the trans computer fights with the fuel computer.

2nd thing I noticed is the old adage about "blowing the carbon out", is very much true with this car. Give it a legit 0-60 blast and the next tank or so of gas will have better throttle response than before under light throttle.

Anyone else notice these things?
BlueThunder2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #50
Kamaro223
Kamaro223

Drives: 2016 RS/LT Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorma View Post
Yeah , only way I can describe it is the car feels like it's towing something under normal acceleration , I watch every other car just jet out at a stop light and I literally have to give it half gas to keep up , the power is there if I mash the gas but to me my 2015 impala seems faster off the go , when I come to a stop I feel the gears down shift and just before a stop I get a push like the torque converter is staying wrapped up, my impala did the same thing until I got around 10k miles as well as the 2014 Silverado I had until it got around 10k, I'm really loathing Chevys new transmissions, can we just go back to 4 speeds, the new transmissions get no better than the 4 speeds did back in 2004 . The dealer saus all is normal but the cars they got feel fast mine is a slug a clunky slug , only way I mitigate the deal is to drive it in manual mode . Oh well guess that's what I get for buying a demo car good think I got that extended warranty .
This is not limited to the SS. I have the T4 with the A8 and I feel the same thing (among many others) It's the transmission, not the motor.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:23 AM   #51
Paully104
Novice Driver

Drives: 2016 2SS Silver
I would consider a Vitesse throttle controller or something similar if you can. The 0~20% press of the pedal is a dead zone for the most part so the car can drive pretty mild. Like others are saying if you floor it I am assuming your car feels fun, it is just when you are mildly pressing the pedal <50% of the way correct? I have a throttle controller and usually keep it at level 5 so the pedal is pretty linear and feels appropriate for the car. Another option is to get a tune for the vehicle but that will void your warranty.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #52
Meteorma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully104 View Post
I would consider a Vitesse throttle controller or something similar if you can. The 0~20% press of the pedal is a dead zone for the most part so the car can drive pretty mild. Like others are saying if you floor it I am assuming your car feels fun, it is just when you are mildly pressing the pedal <50% of the way correct? I have a throttle controller and usually keep it at level 5 so the pedal is pretty linear and feels appropriate for the car. Another option is to get a tune for the vehicle but that will void your warranty.
Yes indeed flooring it does feel fun , I wish that this car was as smooth shifting as my impala , I floor that thing or even in casual driving I feel as if I'm taking off , I drive a spotter truck at work and my camaro feels like I'm driving a spotter truck with a heavy load , I will say track mode is slightly better but only way to make the car feel peppy under normal driving is to shift it myself , I really hate the multiple gears Chevy is putting in , seems like all the other car companies can make a 1000 speed and it will shift smooth but not Chevy, let's make it clunky and inconsistent...thats our promise to you . Lol....car is fun pushing the gas but not in daily driving I'd rather be in my Elantra or impala
Old 05-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #53
Meteorma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Do you have the information on that ?