Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #71
Deadwood

Drives: 2ss/rs Black droptop
No Thanks

Looks like the size of the new mustang & front end of a Pontiac
Deadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #72
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
We're all Camaro fans here, needless to say. But there comes a time when you have to become a realist and let go of personal bias.

This car is shaping up to be really, really ugly. Fake body paneling aside, prototype headlights / tail light aside, the latest photos provide a real glimpse of how the car is shaping up. And it looks like some weird parody of the former 5th gen Camaro. It doesn't take a tremendous amount of imagination to visualize what this car would look like in production form, now. Even with a killer paint job, better lamps (who wants to place a bet that that they will basically use the Bumblebee frankencamaro headlights from transformers?), and an improved fascia, it looks like it's honestly going to fall flat.

In summary: They kept the body lines similar even though it's based on a totally different platform and are making a lot of bad design decisions while obviously trying to make the car seem like something evolutionary rather than revolutionary. It's like a band failing miserably in an effort to recreate their one-hit wonder. They should have taken a page from the team that worked on the Corvette to create something that's special and iconic in its own right.

I'm sorry, but this is where I officially drop interest in the 6th gen. I might read about the reveal on an auto blog in a few months, but otherwise, I really don't care anymore. If God forbid my car is ever wrecked, stolen, etc., I am going to get another used 5th gen. Or a Corvette. Like I said, Chevy did a pretty great job with that car. In the meantime, the Camaro is getting uglier ever since 2014. :P
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #73
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Starting to look like a GTO.....and we all know how that ended.
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #74
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
The more I see, the less I like it.
Im with you on this so far. Looking a little trans-am ish with that split higher grille. Whats with the massive uni muffler across the whole rear too?
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #75
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
The hips do look narrow in back. The hood line with the dual nostrils... not sure of yet. May be a plus. The front personality I kinda like. Definetly looks smaller and lighter. Might be a performance monster in higher up packages.

Really hard to tell, but it is taking post sixties look. Might be a good thing.

I wanna see it nekkid and not all covered up.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #76
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
More I look at it the more I think it's the 4 Turbo with the ATS exhaust
Old 09-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #77
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
it might not even be the same front end they will use or lights.
Looks like 6 piston brakes up front not sure. I like parts of it and if it is in the 3500lbs range i will really like it. with the lt motor it will put a hurting on the mustang.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #78
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Not to impressed so far! Looks like pretty much the same...
I was expecting something drastic
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #79
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Toned down the hips :(
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #80
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Yeah the rear from the door handle back kinda hits a mustang chord for me and not sure why?

+1
rvnmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #81
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Toned down the hips :(
Smaller ass ='s less weight. That is where it looks like the camaro went on a diet.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #82
Dennis Northwest

Drives: 16 1SS A8 NPP
Not Feelin' It

The sixth gen. looks are moving away from the unique American muscle car look and going more towards the typical look of the imports. I hope I'm wrong but I am not excited about it so far.
Dennis Northwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #83
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Front Looks great,

Looks like a blend of the TF3 front end (lower half) and the T4 Upper half together. I sure hope those are not the hood lines as it really rounds out the car.

One thing for sure is that its going to have a killer front end and great wheels and performance, now that rear...hoping GM pulls through with something great
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #84
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
Looking back at the car scoops rendering now, either they've seen the car or they took a very very good guess. Of course all the trim, light styles ect. aside, the shape of the car, lower front bumper, headlight and grill cut outs, the "shape" of the rear lights all match the car scoops rendering damn near spot on. When you compare, look at shapes not finished details...
You know...you are correct. The conservative carscoops rendering is very close when it comes to certain shapes, and even the tail light outline is very close. That's kind of sad considering how everyone pretty much dogged it as being almost too conservative or too close to the 5th gen.

Here's that article if anyone cares to look back: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/nex...#disqus_thread

The one thing I find really interesting, is the side, where they basically flipped the sideways "V" indention from front to back compared to the 5th gen as I have highlighted below. I find it funny since this is a design that "Doc" came up with in his personal 6th gen rendering months ago. I always kind of liked it.

I'm definitely not sold on the car at this point. The huge front grille opening, which again is very similar to the carscoops rending, is almost too damn big. I'm also sad that it looks like they took the exaggerated hips down, more to proportion like the 2015 Mustang....I'd rather see the big hips like the 5th gen has! That said...they still look good.

I;m also definitely not writing this car off. Overall it looks nice, and the right trim pieces, lamps, and other details we don't yet know can make a huge difference.
Attached Images

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation