#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-31-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Studio RSR Harness Bar

This just popped up on my Instagram feed. Looks pretty nice. I don't see it on their website yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eric SS; 08-02-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:41 PM   #2
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I commented in the IG post hopefully I get a message in reply!
Old 08-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Solid find Eric. I've been debating full cage or harness bar for a bit. I think I've decided to go harness bar (when I found one) if i cannot source a Z1LE just to get something to hold me in my seat better. If I can get the 1LE I'm going cage to meet sanctioning req.

This bar looks impressive. I'm anxious to see how it mounts and the measurements. Some of these one-size-fits all bars are too low for my 6'-5"ness.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #4
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Great Find!
Old 08-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #5
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but that harness bar looks way to low to give a good angle to the harness.
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXtacy View Post
Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but that harness bar looks way to low to give a good angle to the harness.
They just posted another with Sparcos mounted, seems decent for the harnesses.

BUT keep in mind guys, this is the company that had a seat bracket group buy, and as far as I know, still haven't produced brackets to anyone in the group buy from 3+ months ago.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #7
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post

BUT keep in mind guys, this is the company that had a seat bracket group buy, and as far as I know, still haven't produced brackets to anyone in the group buy from 3+ months ago.
I need to look into that for myself. Can't support that type of stuff.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I'd strongly recommend against a harness bar/harness with stock seat!
Old 08-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #9
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Ya. Untold number of emails and excuses. Even some phone calls. Finally asked for my money back for.the seat brackets. That only took 5 minutes lol

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:43 PM   #10
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Hmmm interesting. Sorry all. I just saw It and thought it might be a harness solution.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
Thirty3

Drives: SS 1LE
Has anyone thought about going this route?

It's $2,195 and you can get 10% off... so $1,975.50

Thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #12
Thirty3

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post
They just posted another with Sparcos mounted, seems decent for the harnesses.

I know nothing about this company but in a comment below in this link they wrote this yesterday: "studiorsr@beyond_garage it's being shipped brotha. You'll be receiving a nice thank you surprise along with your bracket. Thank you for waiting ����".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXOUoMMBQSL/
Thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #13
Mrwanton

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 4cyl Turbo
I've ordered some braum seats from them along with the brackets that they make in house. The braum seats were back ordered so it was a month wait time. When I called back, the day that they said the seats would be available, they said there were a couple orders ahead of me and that I would have to wait until late July, early August. I called braum directly to confirm this and they told me they had the seats in stock. Turns out, whoever made my order, ordered the wrong seats. I'm fairly certain that studio rsr is dodging my calls, I called them 8 times on my phone, and 5 mins later I used my friends phone to call them, picked up right away. We got that fixed and braum shipped the seats to studio rsr. Again, tried calling multiple times different days, different hours, no luck. Decided to go down to the shop myself to pick my order up after confirming with braum that the seats were shipped out and had arrived to them. When I showed up, the seats were there and there was one guy working in the shop, he didn't work in sales and had no idea what I ordered. Took him a good 30 mins to reach his boss. They told me that my bracket was at the powder coat shop and they would ship it out Monday, over night it, so I would have it Tuesday. Called multiple times Monday, finnally picked up around 5pm. They told me they were going to bring it to the post office and email me the tracking number. Never got the tracking number. Tried calling on Tuesday for the tracking number, no answer. Wednesday I called back throughout the day, picked up around 5 again. Told me that there was a scratch on the bracket and they sent it back to the powder coat shop and that he was heading the the post office right now. Thursday, called back. No answer. Friday called back, told me they forgot to put the included hardware in the box and that he would personally bring the package to the post office and again, overnight it so I can receive it Saturday so I can install it over the weekend. Called Saturday, Monday, Tuesday. NO ONE picks up. Still have not received my brackets and no word on anything. Now the seats came with 4 bolts to bolt on the the brackets, it's only 2 bolts to bold the bracket to the car, 2 bolts for the seat belt, so... What hardware kit do they include?

I'm trying to go through my bank for a dispute now. It seems like a small company and I'm not trying to ruin their business or anything, this is just the experience I had with them. There's no reason not to update your customer with how their order is going along. I made this order 2 months ago, how is the only thing that they had to make in house, NOT DONE. Very frustrated with this company. Their website may look professional but their business is definitely not to me.
Mrwanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #14
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
man.... was all happy and then reading the last few posts, its like the pac man dying noise played...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote