Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-27-2017, 01:35 AM   #29
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
from the last event at the Ridge (RMP):

And OEM vs NT01 tires from ORP:

glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #30
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post

And OEM vs NT01 tires from ORP:

Man I wish we had tracks like that out here
Old 06-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #31
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post

The more I see that track, the more I want to head up your way. It looks like a roller coaster. Your track-out strips seem smaller than what I've seen. At a lot of tracks we have in Cali, the soft section just before the entry as well as track-out rumble strips have holes. It would cause me concern to get off-line from a pass or, just bad driving and hit the turf by mistake and bend rims. Do you find the smaller strips problematic?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #32
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Man I wish we had tracks like that out here
Pacific Raceways is another track with the good layout but the problem is that it's dangerous ( a brand new ZL1 totaled there like a month ago) on a few spots and it seems like they don't seem to be fixing those certain areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
The more I see that track, the more I want to head up your way. It looks like a roller coaster. Your track-out strips seem smaller than what I've seen. At a lot of tracks we have in Cali, the soft section just before the entry as well as track-out rumble strips have holes. It would cause me concern to get off-line from a pass or, just bad driving and hit the turf by mistake and bend rims. Do you find the smaller strips problematic?
Same here! "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" for sure

I want to add different tracks in the mix so NorCal tracks (Sonoma Raceway, Laguna Seca and Thunderhill Raceway) might be an option maybe during winter as I cannot track my car here that time.
I want to go the PIR (Portland International Raceway) sometime also but it doesn't look like the other tracks here in PNW when it comes elevation changes, and rollercoster-ness

I am not certain about those strips TBH with you. I only bent one wheel in the past 5 years and that happened very recently when I ran off the track going over 40 mph

Is this what you're referring to?

Here's another video taken from that day:

and how it happened. I bent the passenger front wheel:

ordered another one right away after that happened and had them install within a couple of days to make it to another event
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #33
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Due to the music I had playing, I had to mute it before youtube.... theres was a car that blew the engine and they had to put down the kitty dust stuff, youll notice it about half way thru on the uphill section. there were two other SS 1LE out that day. ItSSlow and FNxR3DNECK

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #34
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Due to the music I had playing, I had to mute it before youtube.... theres was a car that blew the engine and they had to put down the kitty dust stuff, youll notice it about half way thru on the uphill section. there were two other SS 1LE out that day. ItSSlow and FNxR3DNECK
Yea look at me go at the beginning there! Haha good run brother!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #35
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Extremely fast driving there. Please let me know what you think of the stiffer sway. Solid!
Thanks man! I hope to get it soon. Still waiting for it but I have a month before my next event so it better be here by then.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:23 PM   #36
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Here is a quick autocross run in Packwood, this was good enough for #1 overall on index:

https://youtu.be/asogaxx5cio
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:05 AM   #37
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
I was just at FedEx Field last week for the U2 show and parked right there. Of course it looked a lot different. Wish I could have drove like that after the concert. Leaving FedEx after an event is a nightmare.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:10 AM   #38
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Here's a lap from SCCA Track Night at Gingerman I did last week. 2nd time at an open track day, first time tracking the 1SS 1LE. Still have to work on apexing earlier, but still got a 1:46.46. Easily shaved 3-4 seconds from the first track day I did with the 2016 1SS!

Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #39
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Here's a lap from SCCA Track Night at Gingerman I did last week. 2nd time at an open track day, first time tracking the 1SS 1LE. Still have to work on apexing earlier, but still got a 1:46.46. Easily shaved 3-4 seconds from the first track day I did with the 2016 1SS!
Apexing earlier or getting in tighter at the apex? Hard for me to tell in the somewhat dark video.

I tried searching Youtube on the stuff in between your [u 2 b][/u 2 b] tags but wasn't getting anywhere.

Norm
Old 06-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #40
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I LOVE watching AutoX. I get bored watching track, but that AX stuff is cool beans.

Speaking of boring...Here's the full race version of the SpeedSF Challenge from Saturday. I finally got the steering dialed in. Just the day before I had horrific understeer on this whole 2 mile section. So I did what every dumba$$ with credit card does to fix it...put on hoosiers. The vid is posted in another thread, so sorry if you already watched it. I intended to put it here originally but used it to illustrate how tires can help the turning, elsewhere.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #41
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
I LOVE watching AutoX. I get bored watching track, but that AX stuff is cool beans.

Speaking of boring...Here's the full race version of the SpeedSF Challenge from Saturday. I finally got the steering dialed in. Just the day before I had horrific understeer on this whole 2 mile section. So I did what every dumba$$ with credit card does to fix it...put on hoosiers. The vid is posted in another thread, so sorry if you already watched it. I intended to put it here originally but used it to illustrate how tires can help the turning, elsewhere.

I happen to prefer track...cones are boring to me. Nice video btw
Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #42
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I find autocross to be the more difficult to follow unless it was of an event that I ran (so I'd know where the course was going to go next before the car started to turn that way).

Perhaps the solution to 'boring' track videos is to limit them to no more than about two complete laps at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a couple of the video posting "rules" on a site dedicated to corner-carving
Now, there's a catch or two...

I don't want a 20 minute, paddock to paddock race - just one clean lap. Two if absolutely necessary.

I don't want an overdub of "Crazy Train", "In da Club", "Smooth Operator" or any other music - it sucks in driving videos.

Norm