Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: So why are you on Camaro5??
I am a loyal Camaroist 226 79.58%
I am a Loyal Mustangist looking to defend my ride 2 0.70%
I am switching over to the Camaro from the Mustang 26 9.15%
I just join any and all car forums! 30 10.56%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #113
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Actually, I don't think the econoboxes are the enemy. They leave more of the limited supply of gas for pony car users, and they help manufacturers meet CAFE so pony cars don't need to save gas.

Maybe it's SUVs?
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #114
spooky
spooky

Drives: camaro
i'm a Mustang person, but i also like Camaros. don't like one more over the other. however, if you're talking appearance wise the 2010 Camaro looks better than the 2010 Mustang imo.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #115
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
I don't care for the mustang, but I don't care about the Ford/GM "rivalry" either. I'm here because I like the Camaro, I like hearing news about it, and I like talking about it. Can't that be a poll option?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #116
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
i like both, i even like the GTO
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #117
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
I own a Mustang because at the time I needed a new car neither GM nor Dodge had any muscle car available.

Frankly I'm not a fan-boy for any particular brand. I love American muscle cars and will endeavor to own the best available at any given time, it just so happened that earlier the best and only was the Mustang. With the Camaro coming out, it gets that title and will thus earn my business as well.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 AM   #118
MustangMnky

Drives: 2004 Mustang GT
The Camaro makes me drool...Juz Say'n. I'm in College full-time, and I barely have time to work, cuz I'm devoted to Ministry, so..I can't afford a Camaro yet, but I will someday..for now..I'm very happy with my Stang...it's a blessing..
MustangMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #119
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
I own a Mustang because at the time I needed a new car neither GM nor Dodge had any muscle car available.

Frankly I'm not a fan-boy for any particular brand. I love American muscle cars and will endeavor to own the best available at any given time, it just so happened that earlier the best and only was the Mustang. With the Camaro coming out, it gets that title and will thus earn my business as well.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 AM   #120
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
I like em all! What I don't like is people who think they are better than someone else because they own one that the other don't! Whoopy Doo if you think you got a fast car.... somebody out there has more money than you and a car faster than you! Just be glad you can buy a truely great American car once again from the big 3! I still remember back in 1979 when the annoncement was that the Trans Am would be the last big block ever made so I very happy that the Big 3 brought back some American icons! So why don't we all put the "My dad can beat up your dad" stuff to rest! All 3 cars have good points and bad points depending on your taste! Rant is done!!!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:19 AM   #121
MustangMnky

Do you need a hug? Cuz I think you deserve one..
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #122
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMnky View Post
Do you need a hug? Cuz I think you deserve one..

I'm tell'n my dad.... LOL!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 AM   #123
MustangMnky

Whooops...Dang it..Not again...

welp..Canada, here I come!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #124
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
I like the body style of the Challenger but when I sat in it at a car show it just didn't feel right. I don't really care for the Mustang but I do like the way the V8 sounds. I used to own a couple of 69 Camaros which were my favorite car that I have ever owned. This new Camaro is making me feel like getting back some of my younger days..........but this time I'm only going for the look. I have had the power and the tickets that go with that power. I love the fact that the V6 Camaro has 304hp and gets really good gas mileage and this car will be around my house for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. I made a mistake and sold my other two and this one isn't going anywhere. The only thing I didn't like about the 69 Camaro was the stupid dash would curl up due to heat.

I think there is a place for everyone on this forum to voice what they think about their cars as long as they are respectful to others on the site.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #125
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
I like all cars. Hell I even like some of the ricers. Hell...the first performance car I ever owned and modded was a 1970 240z with a scorpion 6pack. Weighed 2300lbs and made 325 at the wheels. 4spd. Talk about hit the gas and hold on......

I like reading about all of the newer cars. I reply because I have a opinion on things. I will correct bad facts here like I will on a mustang site. Other times I am trying to get knowledge. People who truly enjoy cars can talk about them no matter what brand it is.

Besides...to quote a very good line from one of my favs movie..

"It is wise to know the ways of one adversaries....no ?"
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #126
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Food for thought.

The focus of this site is Camaros. As such we expect all our members to have an interest in the new Camaro. That also means we expect all members to be able to discuss it's strengths and weaknesses with an open and even critical mind.

What we won't tollerate any longer. Members that are here who refuse to discuss the Camaro and only focus on other vehicles. Again, Camaros first. If the only thing you have to contirbute here are threads and posts about non Camaro topics, then you should go to another forum that is more appropriate for that discussion.

Also, we won't tollerate using Camaro5 as a mouth piece for GM bashing or even Camaro bashing. We certainly want to discuss problems with the cars. And we expect there to be a few. However, we expect our members to be able to do so with an attitude of "we expect GM to do whatever they can to fix it." Not and attitude of, "Holy Hell GM is the biggest wast of _____!!! I can believe they missed it, this car should be perfect." That thought process is unfair to any car company.

Please keep this in mind as all of you participate here.

This site is growing faster than we can imagine. And these are the growing pains. I love the fact that we have such a diverse member group.

But the bottom line is this site is for enthusiasts who have an interest in the Camaro. And are willing to objectively discuss the good and the bad.

Respectfully,

Chris
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote