Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #15
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I have been looking at it an it is quite simple but you must know it may not allow your readiness monitors to set by delaying the cat warm up mode.

If you live in a nazi state I would recommend against it.

Ted.
Thanks Ted, I'm confident your tune will be perfect like the one I had on my L99, but I need to be sure what I'm deciding on with choosing a tune with this extra start up sound issue.

Please explain:
#1 What are the "readiness monitors?"

#2 Wont they just set themselves anyways once the car is warmed up? I can detune the car anyways if its going for testing right?

#3 Send me a private message with the cost breakdown please....
Car is a 2016 ss M6.
- What is the cost of the better start up sound tune?
- What is the cost of just the regular performance tune you have-better throttle response etc.
- Can this be done with my SCT 3400, bought from my last tune with you? What is the cost if I need a new handheld?

#4 Could just your regular performance tune change start up sound as well? It did so for the gen5-silky smooth rumble every time.

Thanks Ted.
Nice to see your name up more often again like in the camaro5 forum days. There has got to be more former gen5 people out there that know how much better the start up sound used to be......and should be!
Old 12-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Thanks Ted, I'm confident your tune will be perfect like the one I had on my L99, but I need to be sure what I'm deciding on with choosing a tune with this extra start up sound issue.

Please explain:
#1 What are the "readiness monitors?"

#2 Wont they just set themselves anyways once the car is warmed up? I can detune the car anyways if its going for testing right?

#3 Send me a private message with the cost breakdown please....
Car is a 2016 ss M6.
- What is the cost of the better start up sound tune?
- What is the cost of just the regular performance tune you have-better throttle response etc.
- Can this be done with my SCT 3400, bought from my last tune with you? What is the cost if I need a new handheld?

#4 Could just your regular performance tune change start up sound as well? It did so for the gen5-silky smooth rumble every time.

Thanks Ted.
Nice to see your name up more often again like in the camaro5 forum days. There has got to be more former gen5 people out there that know how much better the start up sound used to be......and should be!
Readiness monitors are what need to be set to ready to pass emissions.
They are background test on all the emissions equipment and are very stringent tests that is not satisfied they don't go ready.

NO.

I don't know if your 3400 will work on your Gen6 I would suggest you run an update on it, if it updates OK it should work.

Contact me via email for tuning tedj@jannettyracing.com.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
Yosh6

Drives: 2024 Toyota Camry XSE
Startup much better after JRE tune, but that ain't all!

A big shout out to Ted at Jannetty RE. Email ordered a tune from JRE about two weeks ago, re-flashed the PCM/TCM (HP Tuners) and the first thing I noticed was the much quieter, much less obnoxious startup. Healthy sounding, but not offensive. Switches to stelth mode much quicker and idles down much quicker. I like it.

But that was a minor issue as I was looking for better performance, particularly, at the drag strip. Man, did Ted deliver! Made it to the drag strip on Sunday (12/10) and made three passes. Previous best time with drag radials was a 12.26 @ 115 MPH. First pass was an 11.80 @ 118 MPH! Next pass as an 11.88 on an "all nannies off" experiment that didn't work (spun the tires all the way through first). Third pass was an 11.7564 @ 118.64 MPH !! This far exceeded my expectations for a car with only DR's and a tune. Most of the credit has to go to the tune - that is the only change that took 1/2 of a second off the E.T. Awesome job, Ted.

IMG_1993-A.jpg
Attached Images

Last edited by Yosh6; 12-24-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Yosh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
RandRZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Very nice!
RandRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
MR-02

That's the info Im looking for - "healthy sounding cold start but not offensive" - is a great way to put it. So do you mean even just a performance tune can change cold start sound? Any chance you can post a sound clip of that cold start? The early morning type?
Thanks Man.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
Yosh6

Drives: 2024 Toyota Camry XSE
Maybe Ted will chime in and give us a little more understanding, but, I don't think it was an accidental by-product of the performance tune. I had asked him to do something about that obnoxious startup if he could. I'll see what I can do about posting a sound clip.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh6 View Post
Maybe Ted will chime in and give us a little more understanding, but, I don't think it was an accidental by-product of the performance tune. I had asked him to do something about that obnoxious startup if he could. I'll see what I can do about posting a sound clip.
Yes some of the start up difference is a product of the my standard tune.

I can do pretty much anything it is just a matter of my time to do so.

Ted.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #22
MR-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Readiness monitors are what need to be set to ready to pass emissions.
They are background test on all the emissions equipment and are very stringent tests that is not satisfied they don't go ready.

NO.

I don't know if your 3400 will work on your Gen6 I would suggest you run an update on it, if it updates OK it should work.

Contact me via email for tuning tedj@jannettyracing.com.

Ted.
Hi Ted, I sent you an email PM at the above address (as you mentioned) twice over about 10 days, for the tuning cost...but no reply? So I thought I would post it here....Can you let me know the cost for your tune? The cost for the programmer I would need, and the cost for the separate tune with the better start up? Let me know
Thanks
Old 12-18-2017, 06:13 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Hi Ted, I sent you an email PM at the above address (as you mentioned) twice over about 10 days, for the tuning cost...but no reply? So I thought I would post it here....Can you let me know the cost for your tune? The cost for the programmer I would need, and the cost for the separate tune with the better start up? Let me know
Thanks
I am sorry your having trouble contacting me.

Maybe check the spelling I have not received anything and I check emails 9 hours a day. please call for best service I will be at a funeral most of the day today but expect to be in the office after 3pm till 5pm. 203-753-7223

Ted.