#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #15
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
You should look into Friday At The Track at Summit Point. 4 groups and each group is capped at about 20 cars, so there's not nearly as much traffic to deal with. I would imagine that much more than 20 on track at the same time would be a nightmare.
I thought that would be the case when I found out as it was my first time with NASA, but it wasn't that bad. There were usually 35 of us on track at a time, I went out first once and saw the last car leaving the pits as I came around turn 10.
My problem with FATT is that I still have to pay a full weekends insurance rate for a single day event, there are other groups that go to Summit as well that have lower caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Unsure if your plan is for 5 or 10 track days, but regardless my vote would be stock tires, as they last good 7-8 days (plus easily 500miles of DD per month) and they stick pretty good even when compared to "properly" rated R-comps (which by and large are "old tech" now). Many modern "street" rated tires are as sticky and in some cases even more so. G3 are no exceptions here.
5 event weekends or 10 days on track
nasbagoat is online now   Reply With Quote