Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #57
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Sorry, did not mean to insult the OP. And yes I agree about the driving. But the Mustang has the advantage with the same driver.

I was at Atco the other night with good air. There were two 2013 5.0s there, one auto and one M6. Both were dead stock and the 6M only had about 500 miles on it.

Even with all my mods I could only pull a half a car on the M6. We were both running high 12s. The 5.0 auto was running consistent 12.4s at 113 mph. I did not get a chance to run the auto 5.0 but I wouldn't have had a chance.

But even though the Mustangs 5.0s are faster I do not care, I still like my Camaro better.
Mustangs are having trouble with second gear....
I know many owners of these cars that are having this issue.....
As they go complain at car meets to each other about the complaints they have in to Ford.....

Besides the test times for their cars were down in full race mode.....
The Camaro wasn't......
I meet more camaro owners that don't know how to put the car into full race mode that it isn't funny.....

The fastest 1/4 mile stock time was 12.5......
I use to own mustangs and I have been in all the new ones with crazy people at the track.....
Every mustang I have been up against when I was tracking it loss to me....

And I had one mean Mustang back in the day 1985 all power no brake

Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #58
Baltimorejohn1

Last edited by Baltimorejohn1; 12-23-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Baltimorejohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #59
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Sounds like those 5.0s were modded too. I don't think a Mustang 5.0 will run 12s out of the box.
Nope, both bone stock. Like I said the M5 has less than 500 miles. Stock 5.0s running 12s is not unusual. Fifth Gen stock Camaros running 12s is unusual. Although of course some do.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #60
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I'm still glad I got a Camaro I guess.

I was gonna order a green 2013 GT with a track pac, then Chevy beat Fords offer by $1000 so I got Camaro #2.
Me too. I bought the Camaro SS mainly because it was a better deal than the 5.0s I was looking at. But I am happy with my choice even though the SS is slower. I really don't care if I get beat. I am just trying to become a better driver. I am racing myself and having fun with other muscle car owners.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #61
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSS_ View Post
lol buy mine man, it's for sale!!! this thing is hella quick. and the LNF is a stout engine. and the inside isn't a soda can like an srt-4. lol

THANK YOU!!!!! finally a v8 owner admits it!!

I'm in no doubt about the ability of a turbo vehicle. My two Mazdaspeed3's were incredible vehicles and a great value when you consider the performance and all the options.

I just decided a V8 is for me at this point
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #62
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Nope, both bone stock. Like I said the M5 has less than 500 miles. Stock 5.0s running 12s is not unusual. Fifth Gen stock Camaros running 12s is unusual. Although of course some do.
You are doing something wrong bone stock camaro SS with a good driver is in the mid 12's 1/4

Some of you are watching the numbers reported and not noting one major thing.......
The Mustang was tested in full race mode while the Camaro and Challenger for that matter were not......

Here is a video of how to get into the different modes.....
As always I warn people to take it easy and try and master one before you move on to another one.... a closed course is a good idea..... Now get out there and meet your car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #63
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
You are doing something wrong bone stock camaro SS with a good driver is in the mid 12's 1/4

Some of you are watching the numbers reported and not noting one major thing.......
The Mustang was tested in full race mode while the Camaro and Challenger for that matter were not......

Here is a video of how to get into the different modes.....
As always I warn people to take it easy and try and master one before you move on to another one.... a closed course is a good idea..... Now get out there and meet your car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
Oh in case you don't believe me here is Camaro5 thread from way back that states which modes make the car go faster......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30471
Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #64
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
The fastest 1/4 mile stock time was 12.5......
I use to own mustangs and I have been in all the new ones with crazy people at the track.....
Every mustang I have been up against when I was tracking it loss to me....
Fastest stock 5.0 went 12.2@114. There is a thread on modular ford, along with a video and slip. He then did an SCT tune on it and ran an 11.95@117. Sorry man, but stock for stock, with equal drivers, the GT has the SS beat. Not only because of the weight advantage, but due to the fact that it also puts more power to the ground due to the live rear.

Line up against a new GT at the track and the results might be different
Old 12-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #65
Topher3134

Drives: delete me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum View Post
I'm in no doubt about the ability of a turbo vehicle. My two Mazdaspeed3's were incredible vehicles and a great value when you consider the performance and all the options.

I just decided a V8 is for me at this point

I loved my mazdaspeed 3 the only thing I didn't like was in south texas when it was tuned for hot weather it seemed to be too lean for the cool weather. Damn thing wouldn't hold enough fuel pressure. Even with the audi pump on it. But fun as all get out to drive. Wish I could still own one.
Topher3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #66
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Fastest stock 5.0 went 12.2@114. There is a thread on modular ford, along with a video and slip. He then did an SCT tune on it and ran an 11.95@117. Sorry man, but stock for stock, with equal drivers, the GT has the SS beat. Not only because of the weight advantage, but due to the fact that it also puts more power to the ground due to the live rear.

That means nothing to someone that has been up against them......
I also don't trust all of what these guys are saying because every time I look they are behind me......

I read what everyone wrote but in true driver mode I went to the track with them GTR's, Lambo's. Ferrari's, Vipers, etc.
The only things that consistently impressed me to leave it alone were the GTR, Viper, and Z06's and such......

This is my site and I have seen them all including the LFA......

Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/Baltimorejohn1/featured

Heck even the GTR guys until they built that new one weren't impressed....
I have been racing since I was 5 years old as my dad was the president of a race track.....

I just drive for leasure now but when I do hit the track again they are back there......
That new GT500 is off the hook fast but the others are nice but no cigar....

Chevy just had to do so much to get the noise down because the camaro is LOUD left to itself......
Look at the dates on those numbers.....
Everyone knows once you let the Camaro breath LTH and CAI you better have a whole lot to beat it......

As for stats we have stats too.....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #67
Baltimorejohn1

Come on people don't be so gullible.....
You are saying a stock Mustang 5.0 is faster than a ZL1.....

It doesn't make sense.....
Truth be told these cars are pretty even in really capable drivers hands.....

The difference is the camaro is easier to get consistent numbers.....
This from guys that race the Mustang after a certain mile marker they are having troubles with the transmission.....

I'm not making my claims up nor depending on what others make up in their mind.....

QUOTE:
On one Mustang owners forum, reports of the problems, possible solutions and complaints to Ford have grown to 2,700 postings, affecting owners of both the V6 and high-powered V8 versions. Fifteen owners have lodged safety complaints with U.S. regulators, saying balky shifts and grinding gears pose a safety hazard in driving. While Ford has offered several potential solutions to owners and reached out to those who complain, many say the problems go away after a repair, then return.

Read more..... http://jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-c...w-ford-mustang
Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #68
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Come on people don't be so gullible.....
You are saying a stock Mustang 5.0 is faster than a ZL1.....

It doesn't make sense.....
Truth be told these cars are pretty even in really capable drivers hands.....

The difference is the camaro is easier to get consistent numbers.....
This from guys that race the Mustang after a certain mile marker they are having troubles with the transmission.....

I'm not making my claims up nor depending on what others make up in their mind.....

QUOTE:
On one Mustang owners forum, reports of the problems, possible solutions and complaints to Ford have grown to 2,700 postings, affecting owners of both the V6 and high-powered V8 versions. Fifteen owners have lodged safety complaints with U.S. regulators, saying balky shifts and grinding gears pose a safety hazard in driving. While Ford has offered several potential solutions to owners and reached out to those who complain, many say the problems go away after a repair, then return.

Read more..... http://jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-c...w-ford-mustang

Sounds just like the owners were telling me in person......

More on the article:
The most common complaint is hard shifts between first, second and third gears, with grinding in other gears. One Mustang owner put his transmission on video — saying the problems had persisted even after six trips to dealerships, two new transmissions, three new clutches and 42 days of the car in the shop:
I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I thought I was gonna get killed tonight. Being on the highway and losing the ability to shift with 3 lanes bearing down on me was enough to make me realize this: A lemon is one thing... An anomaly. This is not an anomaly.
http://jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-c...w-ford-mustang
Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #69
Topher3134

Drives: delete me
My camaro grinds 2nd and 3rd if you hurry your shifts! Sometimes. Depends on the day. And it's not a solid grind but some sort of grind feeling. All these tr6060s are garbage. Miss the old t56!
Topher3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #70
beefcake
Account Suspended

Drives: Mustang
LOL@OP "winning" because his uncle said his stock car was probably slower than a modded car

Quote:
Sounds like those 5.0s were modded too. I don't think a Mustang 5.0 will run 12s out of the box.
Where have you been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post

Exactly,

plenty of basic bolt on cars, stick and auto running 11's very easily
beefcake is offline   Reply With Quote