Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2016, 05:19 AM   #29
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Just got my car detailed on new year's eve and did first oil change pennzoil platinum at 500 miles yesterday. Getting window tint this weekend.

Welcome Brad and congratulations on your new Camaro!
Would you recommend the person who detailed your car? If so, would you mind sharing their contact info? Also, how did the window tint come out? I am thinking about that when my SS finally arrives.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #30
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
It was $350 for iron x (supplied my own product, not necessary really), clay bar, wash, then polish the paint, then he applies simix and buffs the high spots. I actually did my own interior the day I got my car with 303 protectant and fabric sealer. I really like these products and wear well for me.

Then he details and reapplies every 6 months for $100. I still like doing my own interior. Just do not like waxing any more. I also do not want to polish the paint either. The last car I had was custom painted and I waxed that car so much I burnt myself out for life. lol I do my own hand washing in between the 6 months though.

I do not mind sharing his information if you let him know I recommend him. I told him I would refer some of my friends to him because he did take his time. First he came and looked at the car to see what it needed then spent from 11am to 4pm to make sure it was really nice. Can just mention the new 2016 blue Camaro. Not many in Saint Augustine. You can look up his website http://www.detailman-car-detailing.com/ . He is in Saint Augustine but travels to Palm Coast as I am going to have him do my wife's pathfinder soon.

Obviously make your own determination of what you expect. Although I can say I am pretty critical to details as I expect it to be perfect and I think for the money and his attitude towards perfection I will continue to use him from now on. I have some other friends here in Palm Coast that were waiting to see how well he has done and decided to call him too now.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #31
drivingagain

I have not got the window tint yet. It will be this Saturday. I will post some pictures when I do and you can see for yourself how it came out. Using American Standard Ceramic 35% all around. Supposedly the Camaro already has a 4% tint from the factory and legal is down to 28% on front windows and front windshield. I am not sure if I want to do the front windshield but went with 35% all the way around as I do not care for the different percentages look even though I like around 25% tint.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Just do darker all around if that's what you want. I've been running 15% all around (nothing on windshield) on all my cars, and my wife's for the eight years I've been down here with not one issue.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #33
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
It was $350 for iron x (supplied my own product, not necessary really), clay bar, wash, then polish the paint, then he applies simix and buffs the high spots. I actually did my own interior the day I got my car with 303 protectant and fabric sealer. I really like these products and wear well for me.

Then he details and reapplies every 6 months for $100. I still like doing my own interior. Just do not like waxing any more. I also do not want to polish the paint either. The last car I had was custom painted and I waxed that car so much I burnt myself out for life. lol I do my own hand washing in between the 6 months though.

I do not mind sharing his information if you let him know I recommend him. I told him I would refer some of my friends to him because he did take his time. First he came and looked at the car to see what it needed then spent from 11am to 4pm to make sure it was really nice. Can just mention the new 2016 blue Camaro. Not many in Saint Augustine. You can look up his website http://www.detailman-car-detailing.com/ . He is in Saint Augustine but travels to Palm Coast as I am going to have him do my wife's pathfinder soon.

Obviously make your own determination of what you expect. Although I can say I am pretty critical to details as I expect it to be perfect and I think for the money and his attitude towards perfection I will continue to use him from now on. I have some other friends here in Palm Coast that were waiting to see how well he has done and decided to call him too now.
Thanks for the info. I do all my detail work on my own, but with kids, my regular job, freelance work and such I am starting to feel like you. May be nice to have someone do the main wax, polish, seal and take care of the in between detailing and rest of the car myself. I started using Chadwick's waterless detailing stuff on my Mustang and it's great and easy. I just do quick handwashes on my daily driver, and my wife gets free washes on her truck at the dealer. I think I may contact this guy after I get my Camaro.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #34
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
Would you recommend the person who detailed your car? If so, would you mind sharing their contact info? Also, how did the window tint come out? I am thinking about that when my SS finally arrives.

Did the Window tint saturday. The Ceramic tint only comes in 25% and 40% so I have 40% all the way around. The 40% is actually 38% and the Camaro is already at 4-6% from the factory. I will get some pictures later today. I like it as I do not want it too dark any more. I can say the new ceramic tint takes a lot longer to bake in. Because it is winter time it will take a little while for the tint to get all the bubbles out.

Last edited by drivingagain; 01-11-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:46 AM   #35
Brad009

Can we talk you into posting pictures of the window tint?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:55 AM   #36
Brad009

Good news and a change of direction. I cancelled the 2SS I ordered with a local dealer. After 6 weeks they had still not actually ordered the car (not committed an allocation against it) and the status was stuck at 1100. Compounding that is the fact that the wheels I want are currently on constraint (not available). There is no telling how long that will last. So, I started looking around and found exactly what I was looking for at a Chevy dealer in Texas. I called and long story short, I cancelled the order with the local dealer and am buying the 2SS in Texas. I fly out Thursday to pick it up and drive home. I am getting exactly what I want. It is actually better than that. It has the wheels I want and it does not have the 6 piston brembo brake upgrade I had previously ordered. Why is that good? Well, I can drive it with the stock 4 piston set up and see how I like it. I can always add the 6 piston set up later (I probably will). So, I look at that as a positive thing. I am excited I am getting the car in a few days rather than wait ten to 12 weeks from whenever the local dealer would have got around to ordering it. Don't take this like I am slamming the local dealer. They did what they could. They did not have an allocation. I am sure this is frustrating for them but they were cool about it.

Last edited by Brad009; 01-31-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:01 PM   #37
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Good news and a change of direction. I cancelled the 2SS I ordered with a local dealer. After 6 weeks they had still not actually ordered the car (not committed an allocation against it) and the status was stuck at 1100. Compounding that is the fact that the wheels I want are currently on constraint (not available). There is no telling how long that will last. So, I started looking around and found exactly what I was looking for at a Chevy dealer in Texas. I called and long story short, I cancelled the order with the local dealer and am buying the 2SS in Texas. I fly out Thursday to pick it up and drive home. I am getting exactly what I want. It is actually better than that. It has the wheels I want and it does not have the 6 piston brembo brake upgrade I had previously ordered. Why is that good? Well, I can drive it with the stock 4 piston set up and see how I like it. I can always add the 6 piston set up later (I probably will). So, I look at that as a positive thing. I am excited I am getting the car in a few days rather than wait ten to 12 weeks from whenever the local dealer would have got around to ordering it. Don't take this like I am slamming the local dealer. They did what they could. They did not have an allocation. I am sure this is frustrating for them but they were cool about it.
What dealer? Wasn't it Gibbs? Don't see why they don't have allocations. They have two in stock, and a few on order to my knowledge. I remember you saying you were dealing with a new guy, you try asking for the GM? But it sounds like those wheels were holding it up.

Last edited by SS 1LE; 01-31-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:18 PM   #38
Brad009

I was dealing with Gibbs. PM me if you want details.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:25 PM   #39
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
I was dealing with Gibbs. PM me if you want details.
Yes, feel free to message me. I've bought a few vehicles from them, and they were going to be my choice to order my '17...always got the best deal and never an issue.

But I am all ears...
Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #40
drivingagain

I have a friend who just put his order through Gibbs a couple weeks ago actually. It is a black mosaic 2ss. The new sales guy who took his order just moved in across the street from me ironically. He seen my car when I brought home christmas eve and we talked about the car business.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #41
drivingagain

Quote:
Can we talk you into posting pictures of the window tint?
Sorry guys just forgot. I seen this morning and took a couple real quick. If you want more when there is better sun light I can as well just let me know. I am pleased with the tint. I thought I needed it darker but this tint works well for me.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #42
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Ryan what percentage is that and what is the brand of tint?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote