Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #15
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Awesome. I am waiting till this spring to order a '17 (hoping for a 1LE option).

We will need to get together afterwards since we are local, I know a few local guys with Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, Challengers, etc...we go to cruises, shows, track, etc...
Did you mean waiting until the fall to order a 2017 maybe 1LE? I just do not see the 17 being released until the fall to be honest. If it is spring that is cool and if that is what you want I hope it happens.

Do you live in Palm Coast? If you have bought a few vehicles from Tom Gibbs I would assume you are local to flagler county anyways.

I personally have never been a huge car club fan. Although I am planning on going to a car club thing tonight with my friend that has a charger srt8. So the offer to hang out and go to cruises shows etc. is appreciated. I think I am warming up more to car clubs then motorcycle clubs. lol I ride a motorcycle and I have a lot of harley family riders in clubs and it never appealed to me. I have always been more of a sports/muscle car fan and enjoyed talking and working on them far more though.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Did you mean waiting until the fall to order a 2017 maybe 1LE? I just do not see the 17 being released until the fall to be honest. If it is spring that is cool and if that is what you want I hope it happens.
Order banks usually open around April/May for the next model year. Car would arrive then in August/September. You can't go by how the 2016 model year worked, as it was a very late arrival.

Quote:
Do you live in Palm Coast? If you have bought a few vehicles from Tom Gibbs I would assume you are local to flagler county anyways.
Yes, I live in PC. I just sold my Mustang, it was a white 2011 GT/CS, and I sold before that a blue 2000 Camaro SS. Both were modified if you ever saw them locally.

Quote:
I personally have never been a huge car club fan. Although I am planning on going to a car club thing tonight with my friend that has a charger srt8. So the offer to hang out and go to cruises shows etc. is appreciated. I think I am warming up more to car clubs then motorcycle clubs. lol I ride a motorcycle and I have a lot of harley family riders in clubs and it never appealed to me. I have always been more of a sports/muscle car fan and enjoyed talking and working on them far more though.
I feel the same, I don't like the scheduled meetings and must attend events and such. We aren't really a club, in that respect. We just are a small group that gets together to do car related things every once and a while. Some go to the shows, some go to the track, some do both. We also help each other out with installs. We have guys in their 30's, to guys in their 50's. There are no meetings, or mandatory things to attend. We just sell a club decal for $5, and have a Facebook page to keep in contact. It's very relaxed...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:41 AM   #17
drivingagain

I would be interested in more information and possible meeting with you guys when it is convenient. I went to the gathering last night by Woody's BBQ and that was fun. Met a guy who has a 2015 1le with a edelbrock supercharger and a 125 shot of nos. That camaro is a beast. We talked for a good hour so about intricate engine designs. My buddy pretty much knows everyone there so it was more of met and really talk cars. I enjoy talking to real car people about cars. Not neon lights and body kits. lol

As for your order, I did forget this was a late release for the 2016 Camaro. Although with all the hype and still 2 months after first production they can not make them fast enough I am not sure spring will be ordering for 2017. Could just make the 2016 a low production year though. 2017 is the 50th and I think there is 15% of Camaro fans waiting.

I live in Palm Coast and have an office in Saint Augustine. I do not know the cars in Palm Coast like I used to as I am Saint Augustine it feels 24/5 and the weekends just home servicing my vehicles or doing family things. I will ask my friend Russ and he might remember. He has a Black SRT8 Charger and talks to every one who drives a American v8 car.

Hope you have a Happy New Year and stay safe if you do go out.

Last edited by drivingagain; 12-31-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 AM   #18
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
I ordered a 2SS from Tom Gibbs Friday, December 18th. I live in Port Orange (near Daytona) and tried a few other dealers including the one in New Smyrna and John Hall in Daytona. I'll spare you the stories from those dealerships which amounted to them wasting my time. Tom Gibbs gave me the best deal. They honored the USAA buyers discount ($1,622) and waived the dealer fee ($799). That is significant. Tom Gibbs is a smaller dealer and do not get the allocation that a larger dealer like John Hall does. I hope I don't have to wait longer because of that. A coworker recently bought a truck form Tom Gibbs and he also got a great price and says he was treated right the entire time. I hope I can say the same. Still waiting.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 AM   #19
Brad009

Quote:
Well I figured I would add a spot for us here. I get mine built 11/23 TPW. ANy one else getting one shortly here in florida?
Yes, I am! On 18 December I ordered a 2SS. Mosaic black, adrenaline red interior and knees pads, low gloss 5 spoke wheels, black bow ties and SS wheel center caps, auto, nap, mrc, 6 piston brembo brake upgrade, Chevy link w/nav. No stripes. I thought Id see how I like it without. I can always add them later. Also, some of the aftermarket ones will be better than what is available now or I could have them painted on.

Down the road I would like to add some carbon fiber trim to the interior. I am pretty sure that someone will offer that shortly.

Thanks for starting the thread. It will be good to have local enthusiasts to exchange information and network with. I have not been doing many car events lately but plan to pick that up again.

The SS will replace my daily driver I bought new in 1999 (Trans Am (WS6) Ram Air). Its bone stock and I'm keeping it because my wife loves the old war horse.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:16 AM   #20
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
I would be interested in more information and possible meeting with you guys when it is convenient. I went to the gathering last night by Woody's BBQ and that was fun. Met a guy who has a 2015 1le with a edelbrock supercharger and a 125 shot of nos. That camaro is a beast. We talked for a good hour so about intricate engine designs. My buddy pretty much knows everyone there so it was more of met and really talk cars. I enjoy talking to real car people about cars. Not neon lights and body kits. lol

As for your order, I did forget this was a late release for the 2016 Camaro. Although with all the hype and still 2 months after first production they can not make them fast enough I am not sure spring will be ordering for 2017. Could just make the 2016 a low production year though. 2017 is the 50th and I think there is 15% of Camaro fans waiting.

I live in Palm Coast and have an office in Saint Augustine. I do not know the cars in Palm Coast like I used to as I am Saint Augustine it feels 24/5 and the weekends just home servicing my vehicles or doing family things. I will ask my friend Russ and he might remember. He has a Black SRT8 Charger and talks to every one who drives a American v8 car.

Hope you have a Happy New Year and stay safe if you do go out.
I've been to Woody's a few times, it's kinda small, but it's close. Like I said, we are a small group, and with everyone's schedule it can be tuff at times.

I spoke to two dealers a few weeks back and both told me 2017 order books should open around May, with deliveries starting around Sept. Which is pretty typical. Will see...

I don't know any other Mopar guys, but two of my friends do. One has a blue Challenger, and the other had a black Challenger and a black Charger. Now he has a Mustang.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
I ordered a 2SS from Tom Gibbs Friday, December 18th. I live in Port Orange (near Daytona) and tried a few other dealers including the one in New Smyrna and John Hall in Daytona. I'll spare you the stories from those dealerships which amounted to them wasting my time. Tom Gibbs gave me the best deal. They honored the USAA buyers discount ($1,622) and waived the dealer fee ($799). That is significant. Tom Gibbs is a smaller dealer and do not get the allocation that a larger dealer like John Hall does. I hope I don't have to wait longer because of that. A coworker recently bought a truck form Tom Gibbs and he also got a great price and says he was treated right the entire time. I hope I can say the same. Still waiting.
Nice to hear. I've bought my wife's last two trucks from Gibbs, and will most likely order my Camaro there too. Who did you deal with?

Is waiving the dealer fee part of the USAA discount?
Old 01-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #22
Brad009

I was dealing with a young guy named Devyn Cotes. The sales person really didn't matter because I knew exactly what I wanted. I only had a few questions and he got answers for me. The USAA buyers program gives you a list of dealer that accept it and what each will discount below MSRP for the specific car you want. The discount is different per dealer. Some offer a better discount than others. The dealer fee was another issue entirely. Waiving the dealer fee was part of Tom Gibbs earning my business and that sealed the deal for me.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #23
drivingagain

Just got my car detailed on new year's eve and did first oil change pennzoil platinum at 500 miles yesterday. Getting window tint this weekend.

Welcome Brad and congratulations on your new Camaro!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #24
Brad009

Thanks. It will be interesting to see what everyone in the area does with their Camaro. There is a lot of value in positive and negative experiences with local vendors and service providers.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #25
drivingagain

Yeah took me a little while to find a proper detail person. I have always detailed my own cars. When I worked in the car business 6 or more years ago I knew plenty of professional detail people but they have all moved on to different things. Just needed some one I could trust with polishing the car and getting it right before ceramic coating the paint.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #26
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Yeah took me a little while to find a proper detail person. Just needed some one I could trust with polishing the car and getting it right.
Who are you using?
Quote:
...before ceramic coating the paint.
Same guy doing this, or are you?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #27
drivingagain

Same guy. I ended up using the detail man in saint augustine and instead of using cQuartz I planned on using. I tried what he uses Simonez. See how it works. So far works good and for the money alot better deal. He reapplies every 6 months with a detail for $100. For what they wanted to do Cquartz Finest in Orlando this is free service for 6 years.

Edit 1/7/16: Product is called Simex

Last edited by drivingagain; 01-07-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #28
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Same guy. I ended up using the detail man in saint augustine and instead of using cQuartz I planned on using. I tried what he uses Simonez. See how it works. So far works good and for the money alot better deal. He reapplies every 6 months with a detail for $100. For what they wanted to do Cquartz Finest in Orlando this is free service for 6 years.
Jeez, I do all my own cars, but $100 for a detail (as long as it's good) is not bad at all...how much was the first application and is he mobile?

I knew a guy when I lived in NY who was fantastic, was in magazines and wrote for some detailing forum. Did amazing work, but wasn't cheap. He was $250 for a detail, plus all extras were an upcharge. Last I heard he was hired by some high end shop in the Hamptons to detail all the rich dudes $$$$ cars...