Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #29
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Great looking car, I've always wanted a GTR. congrats!
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #30
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Is it a Perry or Kickerillo home? Used to live in Katy, daughter graduated from KHS.

Great ride too!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #31
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Congrats on the upgrade. Your GT-R looks amazing!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #32
evolve

Drives: 03 Cobra
Either car (ZL1 or GTR) you own a badass ride. Great choice and that price is unbelievable. I was looking at an Audi RS5, but if I could find a GTR for that price then...
evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #33
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balasarius View Post
My only problem with the GTR is that it doesn't look like a car that costs $100k. It looks nice, but not $100k nice.

Congrats on the ride.

agreed. They look better in person but the looks never did anything for me. You see them in traffic and they really do not stand out.(depending on color) they are fast no doubt. Congrats as I am sure it is a blast to drive.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #34
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Nice new ride! I actually instructed a guy on Friday at Laguna Seca in one of these and unlike the camaro, it was nearly impossible to put this car in an UN-recoverable position on the track (we tried). As you get more familiar with the car, you will never look back on the ZL1. If I were able to do this, it would happen in a nanosecond, GREAT CHOICE!
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #35
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Is it a Perry or Kickerillo home? Used to live in Katy, daughter graduated from KHS.

Great ride too!
David Weekly. Kickerillo really aren't out here much. Alot of Partners in Building, Ronnie Carroll, Trendmaker, Toll Brothers.

I'm in Cinco, so I'm sure you know where that is since you know Katy. Go Tigers.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #36
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Congrats.

I seen how fast those GTR's around the track and they haul ass.

I think I would get bored of the ECU doing everything for you while you drive though....the ZL1 is a more raw HP feeling car and fun to drive IMHO.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #37
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolve View Post
Either car (ZL1 or GTR) you own a badass ride. Great choice and that price is unbelievable. I was looking at an Audi RS5, but if I could find a GTR for that price then...
Agreed, the price was the only reason why I bought it. I wouldn't spend $113k on this car. At $93k, I was like....hell yea, we have a deal. I think I contacted every Nissan dealer around Houston. None would budge. They were firm, plus they only gave me $45k on trade. Autonation did the deal. They gave me $50k on the trade, which is $1000 more than what they have it on their lot now for, plus the $12.5k Nissan discount. Come on. That's nuts. Had to do it.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #38
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Congrats.

I seen how fast those GTR's around the track and they haul ass.

I think I would get bored of the ECU doing everything for you while you drive though....the ZL1 is a more raw HP feeling car and fun to drive IMHO.
100% agreed. That is the main difference. You have drive the Zl1, which I like, but man, been wanting a GTR so bad. And the funny thing is, I have no idea why. I just like the GTR.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #39
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR046 View Post
agreed. They look better in person but the looks never did anything for me. You see them in traffic and they really do not stand out.(depending on color) they are fast no doubt. Congrats as I am sure it is a blast to drive.
Haha, see, you are like the opposite of me. Every time I saw one, I knew it was a GTR and was like....I have to get me one of those. I bought my Zl1 sight unseen. This is a true story. When I was in the market for my first sports car, me and my fiance were coming back from the mall in my boring ass Honda Accord. A Zl1 flew by me. I said...holy shit. That thing was sick. That was the first time I started looking at sports cars. Did some research online, watch some vids, called my buddy up at Chevy and he hunted my Zl1 down. Took about a week to get here, went and picked it up. I never even test drove it. I just knew it was a beast. Got up to the dealer, he pulled it out front. Black on black. I was like, oh lord, I'm for sure gonna get some speeding tickets. haha. Anyhow, as soon as I drove off home with that 580 hp, I was like...wow. As I said, I've owned many a many bikes, so going fast wasn't knew, but in a torquey, high hp car, it was def addicting.

I did the same with the GTR. Never even drove one. Just knew I wanted one. They hunted this one down for me, I showed up, drove off. Did my research of course. Went to the forums. Read how GTR owners love it. Read how others think...it's just a computer on wheels. Takes no skill to drive. I get all that. I don't fall into the hey, my car is better because of this or that. I just like to get into whatever car I own and drive. Don't care if you are faster. Don't care if I'm faster.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #40
Wezbad1

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2001 Viper GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Takes no skill to drive.--I don't fall into the hey, my car is better because of this or that. Don't care if you are faster. Don't care if I'm faster.
You are like the opposite of me
Wezbad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #41
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Congratulations. I went from a 2012 Camaro SLP ZL600 to a 2014 GT-R. No regrets. The thing about the GT-R was, like you said, it's a sling shot, it's sudden acceleration seems to catch you off guard. It is a very quick car for sure, you have to be careful. I was pretty happy with the performance of the GT-R, I drove to the track, hour drive, pump gas and ran a 11.2 no problem. Then drove home. All right off the show room floor, will be nice to try the Launch Control soon and see if it breaks into the 10's.

I really liked my 2012 Camaro. And it was fast. Wish I had tracked the car before I sold it, but oh well, maybe another one soon!
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #42
thunderkyss

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
[/URL]

A 2015 GTR.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote