Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #85
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Taco would approve as he at least backed in!
I spit my drink out to that one
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #86
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
It's bad driving habits. It's no different than someone that doesn't use a turn signal or drives with a brake light out. It's not an immediate danger, but it's mildly annoying for a fleeting moment and an unnecessary risk. It inconveniences everyone around them as well. I just love having to wait for people to struggle to back out of their spot as they can't see, or as they sit there with their reverse lights on. Are they backing out? Am I waiting for them to go? Do I just sit there? It's a waste of my time, and it puts me as well as them in an unnecessarily risky spot.

This forum is funny. People seem to unanimously agree that parking a million miles away from a door in a parking lot is a great strategy to avoid a ding, but people that don't have immediate skills driving in reverse get butthurt when you tell them they should back into parking spots. I suppose a minor ding on your door is the end of the world, but a smashed in bumper or T-boned door isn't a problem? Where's the consistency, here? We're talking parking lot safety, right? Then back into your spot.

This is where I work, and this is what people that drive lettered vehicles and have CDL's do:

You can guess which car is mine
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #87
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #88
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I always pull through to the next spot. So im always pulling out. Never need to put it in reverse that way. or if I cant pull through I back in. cameras nice for that. I also park away from every one else
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #89
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
after work today

I found my position in the back parking lot WAY BACK drew out some others to follow suite. Come to think of it a few cars were backed into spots. Also (orange camaro) parking under the tree wasn't the greatest idea on a rainy day especially. He doesn't really care for the car anyway, he's already told me that it was the only color they had when he purchased it and he wants a vette.
Attached Images

Last edited by alv927; 02-26-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added info
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #90
Mrdownsouth

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
My dad did that (The chin scrap except it poped my front bumper out of place when he came off it) to my camaro 3 weeks after I got it... I was pretty close to being sick.
Mrdownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #91
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdownsouth View Post
My dad did that (The chin scrap except it poped my front bumper out of place when he came off it) to my camaro 3 weeks after I got it... I was pretty close to being sick.
how did he feel about it?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote